Donovan has entered the light

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

previous thread http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56993

He is with Butthead now. He left just a little while ago, at home. I was with him. I don't want to leave his side yet, so I don't know when I will be back here. But I thought you all should know.

MJ :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

2. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet Donny. (((MJ))) my heart breaks for you, it's just too much, too soon.

3. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Oh MJ!!! My heart is breaking for you. You sure know how to love your kitties and they sure know how to love you back. Donnie is now romping with Butthead, having a pain free, wonderful time. I'll be thinking of you and praying you can find peace. I'm just so sorry.

4. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

((((MJ)))). I am so sorry. Your sweet Donovan is now pain free and playing in the sun. I know that doesn't lessen your pain. Please know I am lighting a candle for Donovan tonight so he can find his way. Butthead is waiting for him to play. Fly free little one.

5. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ, big looooong hug, I'm sorry Donovan has crossed...sharing tears...

Fly free sweet baby....

6. Jacspets

Jacspets Well-Known Member

rb_icon Land softly sweet Donovan. OH (((((MJ))))) I'm so sorry to read this. Take comfort in your memories and let time heal the pain. How wonderful you were with him.

7. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) I am so very sorry for your loss.

Fly free, sweet Donovan. Butthead will show you the way.

[​IMG]

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so very, very sorry. Another special angel has joined the ranks. Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

Amy

9. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

((MJ)) I'm so sorry about Donovan :cry:

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) I am so very sorry to hear this, and my heart and prayers go out to you. Lots of love and hugs.

11. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

MJ,
    I'm truly sorry for your loss of Donovan.....i'm speechless....in my silence know i'm praying for you in this very difficult time....
    i have lit a candle for Donovan's safe journey to be reunited with Butthead.....

many tears flowing here....

Fly Free Donovan wings_cat your brother Butthead will guide you and be with you...........

12. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. This is such heartbreaking news. ((MJ)) He knows how much you loved him and he will forever be in your heart.

13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((((MJ))))),
    Donny chose his own time and place--at home, with you-- and is now free of pain, healthy again, and being greeted by Butthead and all our GAs. We are so sorry that he had to leave this world too soon, but, like Butthead, he will always be with you, close in your heart. We hope that you will find peace and comfort tonight in your loving memories.

Fly free, Captain Donovan, on your beautiful new golden wings, and send your mamabean a message that you arrived safely and landed softly. You are much loved.

Lighting a candle tonight, in deepest sympathy,

Ella, Edward, Rusty and Stu (GA)

14. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((MJ))))) I am so very sorry. I can't imagine the pain and shock you must be feeling. I'm praying that God will bring you peace and comfort. Donny is not in any pain anymore and he's having fun with Butthead, but you are left to carry his pain. (tears) There are not enough words to tell you how I feel. I wish I could hug you.

Fly Free Donny, on wings of love. wings_cat

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((MJ)))))
    I am typing through tears and with the heaviest of hearts. I am so sorry. The love you hold for Donny is palpable. The delight you have shared with us in being a part of the time both Donovan and Butthead have spent with you and the gift you have given all of us by allowing us to have a glimpse of that time is very precious. What you have given each other, no one can take away and time will not diminish its meaning. The only regret is that the time is far too short. Donny and Butthead are together and maybe, just maybe, in the grand scheme of things, that is how is should be. They are both well protected in you heart. They are both with all of our guardian angels. They will share stories and chase butterflies and bask in the warmth of the sun. And most of all, wait to be reunited with those who love them and they love the best.

Fly free sweet Donovan and land softly. You are missed.

[​IMG]

16. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

I am so sorry to hear this. Fly free sweet Donovan. (((((MJ)))))

17. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

rb_icon Fly Free Captain Donovan! I know that Butthead has come to guide him to the Bridge. We are lighting candles to guide his way and another for Butthead too. For you we are sending hugs and all the love that LL can generate.

[​IMG]

18. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

19. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ I am so sorry. There no words. all of LL grieves with you tonight.... I pray for comfort for you - we are all here for you too.

Fly free Donny - you will be ever so missed! wings_cat

20. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{MJ}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I am so, so very sorry to hear about Donny. I, too, have a very heavy heart, and feel your pain. We all do. May God be with you and your family, as well as with Butthead and Donovan. I'm sure that Butthead welcomed Donovan with open paws. I have a feeling that little Butthead WAS there in the car with you when that song played. Things happen for a reason.

21. Sheryl and Peaches

Sheryl and Peaches Member

I am so very sorry for your loss!

22. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( MJ )))

Oh my gosh, I am so, so sorry. I'm glad he has not suffered through a long illness, but so shocked at your sudden loss. My heart is breaking for you.

23. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

((((MJ)))) I am so hearbroken to hear this news. I will light a candle tonight so Donny can find his way and be with his sweet brother, Butthead. I am remembering all the videos you shared of Butthead and Donovan exploring outside in the yard. I am going to picture them doing that right now, running free in the beautiful green grass with a gorgeous blue sky.

24. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

((( MJ ))) I am so sorry, my heart is breaking for you. Fly free sweet (((Donovan))).

25. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) I am so sorry to hear this news. I was hoping he would have had a little more time with you. I am sure that with you by his side, you made his passing easier for him. Fly free sweet Donovan.

Pattie.

26. Thelma and Calistica

Thelma and Calistica Member

(((Dear MJ))) I am so sorry you lost your beloved Donavan. It is so hard to have to let go of our babies but we do it out of love. I always have to keep reminding myself that we release them from their sick bodies because we love them.
    He is now playing with my angel Calistica. Both our babies are strong and healthy again!
    Fly free sweet (((Donovan))).

Sending you lots of prayers, comforting thoughts and a big hug
    Thelma

27. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

MJ - My heart is hurting for you right now. I know yours must feel empty and like it has been shattered into a million pieces. I hope that you know what a terrific momma bean you have been to Donovan and Butthead and that it gives you some comfort to think of them together again. Happy and whole. I am sure now you have two little angels with you all the time, watching over you.

((((MJ))))

fly free, sweet Donovan.

-Cyn

28. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

OMG... OMG... OMG NO.

I am so incredibly sorry. You must be devastated... What a shock. :cry: :cry: :cry: This seems so unfair and cruel. Oh Donnie.
    Butthead and Donovan are together now and can be brothers once again. But this leaves you in pain with a huge hole in your heart.

Crying with you and for you. (((((((((((MJ))))))))))))))

29. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ,

I am so so sorry to hear this. You knew what was good for Donovan and gave him the best gift of all, to not let him suffer. Butthead was at the bridge to greet him along with Sara and all the other GA kitty's. He was never alone and knows how very much he is loved. Donovan picked you to be his mom and he couldn't have had a better one. I know this must be very hard on you since you just lost your Butthead 6 months ago. I am crying with you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers always.

Reading the stories that you wrote of Butthead and Donovan always brought a smile to my face. It was my honor to have known them.

Fly Free Sweet Donovan
    You will be missed terribly

[​IMG]

30. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

:::tears:::

Fly free sweet Donovan !

rb_icon wings_cat rb_icon

31. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

Oh MJ,

I am just so sorry for your terrible loss, and so soon after Butthead too. I'm in shock and feel the tears. I'll pray for you and your GA kitties.

32. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh MJ, my heart is breaking for you. Such a shock.
    I am typing through tears, stunned by the news.

I can only imagine the huge whole in your heart but at least take some comfort
    that Butthead knew and was waiting for him at the bridge with all of our angels that have
    gone before him.

Candles are lit to guide his way and I pray for his soft landing.

Fly free sweet Donovan. Always loved, never forgotten.

wings_cat Donovan

33. DEF

DEF Member

So hard to know what to say when a kitty so dear to you is gone. No more pain and suffering but it is still so hard to bear when your heart hurts so much.

In one Donovan video he is peering out from under some leaves looking very much like a panther in a jungle. What a good boy he was , exploring the world on his leash under mommy's watchful eye. RIP Donovan.

Elaine and Pinky

34. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

35. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

We are oh so very sorry about the loss of your beloved Donnie, and far too much loss for you lately. He is now at the bridge being greeted by his bestest buddy Butthead and all of our gone ahead angels. Please be gentle with yourself in this time of grieving.
    rb_icon wings_cat rb_icon

36. milo

milo Member

I am sooo sorry for your loss, my prayers are with you!

37. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Sooo sorry for your loss!!! Prayers and hugs being sent your way!!! No more suffering for sweet Donovan!! Fly free sweet kitty!!!!

38. sanrun

sanrun Member

I'm so sorry...I know how hard it is to lose two in such short period of time. :sad:

:YMHUG: Sandy - Dottie, Jeter & Tilly

39. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

((((((((((((((((((((((((MJ))))))))))))))))))))))))
    I cant even find the words to express my pain, heartbreak & shock over reading That Donny has left us..
    My Friend, you were the very very best momma to these wonderous kitties, who brought you so much joy & happiness. They had the most amazing life because of you..We all loved hearing the stories of their antics.
    They were 2 beautiful fur babies, who loved each other & you more than anything...
    Now they will be together running & playing, flying free with no restrictions, no pain, no needles, just JOY.
    We all here in lantus land are mourning your loss of dearest Donny--
    Lighting Copper's candle to light the way for Donovan...Thank you for always understanding my grief, and i will understand yours..Fly Free Donovan, and land softly in a beautiful place next to Butthead.

40. Mystery

Mystery Member

Sincerest of sympathies to you, and heartfelt condolences to all who loved and cared for Donovan.

41. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Grief is not measured in time, but when the heart is dry of tears and your mind comes to acceptance, you will you begin to heal. Meanwhile, it is my hope this note let's you know you are not alone.

Fly free, land softly Captain Donovan. wings_cat you will be missed.

42. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Oh, MJ...

I haven't the words...

Lantus Land has lost it's sweetest member.

Land softly, dear heart...

celi, binks, smudge & annie

[​IMG]

43. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

(((((M.J.))))) I'm so so sorry.
    I understand, all too well, the pain of losing your babies so close together. This is so awful... My heart is breaking for you.
    Keeping you in my thoughts and holding you close to my heart.
    *tears*

44. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

SO SORRY for your loss. My heart truly breaks for you!! Think of the sweet times!
    Jan and Buddy

45. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((((MJ)))))) I don't even know what to say.......my heart is aching for you....tears flowing for your pain and grief. You gave him amazing love every day of his life but no greater than today
    when you let him fly free even though you knew your heart would again be broken.....I know the pain and heartache you still feel over losing Butthead and I am so very, very sorry that it
    is now added to. We will all miss Donny....sweet, handsome Donny. We all hold you close in thought and prayers and all grieve for and with you.

Much love.....we are here for you. Fly free, handsome Donny...gentle journey to join Butthead and all our GAs. We will light a candle for Donny as he crosses through the veil.

[​IMG]

46. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no! :cry: i'm so sorry.

47. Complick8d

Complick8d Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry MJ. Fly free Sweet Donovan. :(

48. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I truly wish I could hug you MJ. I wish I could take your pain away. You are a very special person and Donny was meant to be yours. I know he is with Butthead, both are watching over you.

I just thought you would have a lot more time with Donny and my heart is breaking that you didn't. I know every day you had him was a gift but its never long enough.

I will forever remember Donny. Please let me know if I can be there for you in any way.

Keeping you close to my heart.

49. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

[​IMG]

((((MJ))) I’m so sorry for your loss… I know how you feel, I lost my Gripet cat_pet_icon a year ago today Monday (it was Nov. 29 last year)... I’ve been dreading this day all year.. Someday you will be able to remember the happy moments. I've been looking at baby pictures of my babies and it made me cry and smile... It's getting better...

You are in my thoughts and prayers… :YMHUG:

Fly free sweet Donovan... o:) Butthead will show you the way...

50. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, MJ. Tears flowing in KC along with your own. Holding you close to my heart tonight as we light a candle to help guide sweet Donovan's passage to his brother Butthead. I know my Miss Belle will be waiting for him at the bridge as well.

Land softly, beautiful boy.

51. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

((((((((((((((MJ))))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry for the loss of Donovan :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fly Free Donovan rb_icon wings_cat wings_cat

52. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

(((MJ))) I am just catching up on recent events - I am so sorry to read of Donny's recent issues and his passing. They are never here long enough - our sweet babies. Fly free Donovan, you will be missed.

53. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

(((((MJ))))) ((((( Donovan and Butthead)))))

54. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

we won't forget Donovan - he was a special little kitter that blessed us. love to you, mj, as you grieve.

55. MJ+Donovan

56. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Oh those wonderful, handsome, incredible SF boys......

[​IMG]

57. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

MJ, this breaks my heart :sad: I am so sorry for your loss.

58. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Oh MJ)))
    I just saw this and I am crying for you and with you, You know that I can relate so well to how you are feeling. I have my two 'old boys' at home, one sugar baby, one civie, neither doing so great, always keeping a watchful eye on them, rarely a peaceful night's sleep. Yet so happy for every moment of every day that I spend with both of my babies, basking in the glory of the great days and scared to death....

I know that's how you must have felt also and my heart is breaking for you. You know where to find me my friend.
    Love and hugs and whatever you need to you. I hope that your grief will become easier as the days go by, as silly as that may sound now, and that somewhere will you find a reason or some source of comfort for all of the pain that you have sustained in the last 6 months.
    xoxo

Fly Free and Land Softly Beautiful Donovan...You are with your Beloved Butthead Again as it should be...until the day you are all together again. You will be sorely missed sweetheart. rb_icon

[​IMG]

Love,
    Caryl, Alex and Jackson

59. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Tears and heartbreak here. I am so very sorry.

Fly free, beautiful boy. Romp free w/your buddy Butthead.

(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Desi

60. Tonya and Tiki

Tonya and Tiki Well-Known Member

Surely there is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by all the other people here. Please know we all share your sorrow. I am sure there wasn't a dry eye sitting at our keyboards tonight upon hearing your terrible news. Take comfort in the love you shared and know that you gave him your all as I am sure he gave his all to you. I will pray that time brings you swift comfort so you may soon fall back on the fond memories of both your babies with the happiness of the love you all shared.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Tonya

61. Lylene & Barry

Lylene & Barry Member

Oh MJ. You must be absolutely heartbroken. It was so obvious you loved them both so very much and were the best bean they could have asked for. Butthead was with you and Donovan in the car letting you both know he was there for you and that he was ready to guide his brother over the Bridge. Knowing that they are both healthy and happy now is some comfort but it doesn't fill the huge hole they left. Know that many tears are being shed for your pain as we know it too well ourselves. Many hugs, prayers and healing thoughts are being sent your way. Many candles are being lit in remembrance of Donovan and of Butthead and all those who have Gone Ahead. We are the LL amd FDMB family - a circle of people and Guardian Kitties who love you for the love you show. :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Fly free and land softly dear Donovan. wings_cat Watch over your bean as she will need strength that you and Butthead can now give her.

62. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

((((MJ))))
    please accept my deepest condolences.
    Donovan will always hold a special place in our hearts, especially mine, as he and yourself were one of our first kitty & bean friends I met here on the board in 2009. After everything you went thru (I remember all those reds and blacks grrrrrr) but you both fought back and stayed put and then - OTJ for Donny!
    He will be so missed. (((((hugs)))) memories and love will always keep him lose to you.

63. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear this MJ. (((((Hugs))))) That's all I can do is send your cyber hugs, because I'm not that good with words at this time. Tears and heartfelt condolences. He is with Butthead.
    [​IMG]

64. Ollie(GA) & Patsy

Ollie(GA) & Patsy Member

(((MJ))) I so wish I had words that could take your pain away. I want you to know you are not alone, we understand and hold you close in our hearts.

Donny and Butthead are together...Fly free dear sweet kitties and send a message of comfort to your Mommabean.

65. skybar22

skybar22 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. You barely had time to deal with this and it seems so sudden but his suffering is over and he is free to run and play again. We are here to deal with the pain and I think we can all relate. Many prayers going out to you as you grieve this loss. Fly free Donovan and know that the love is always surrounding you. We do not lose love. It is eternal.

66. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

Fly free Donovan, you were and will continue to be loved.
    My deepest sympathies. There are no words to ease this kind of pain but you have all our prayers.

67. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say, other then I am so sorry .. my heart aches for you .. Take comfort in knowing butthead and donovan are together again, waiting for you .. Fly Free Donovan ..

68. Karrie and Maverick

Keeping you in my thoughts MJ. Donovan's spirit is with you.

69. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

(((((((MJ))))))) So sorry for your loss.

70. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((MJ))))) I am so very sorry....so very sad....please know that we are all crying with you and sharing your grief.
    It is a small comfort in knowing that he was with you then....and not alone....
    Now he is free and running in the fields near the bridge...
    I hope your memories of Donovan will comfort you...you are a wonderful Mama and he loved you so.....

Fly Free Donovan, our little Vetsulin buddy....we love you and miss you so.... wings_cat
    (((((MJ)))))

71. SmokeyD

SmokeyD Member

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Donovan has passed. It was time and you know that he is at peace. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Gwen and Smokey

72. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

MJ

Oh my, I am so so sorry to hear this. My heart is breaking for you right now. I know there are no words to help comfort you. Again I am so sorry to hear this.

Terri

73. Jennifer & Saima (GA)

Jennifer & Saima (GA) Member

I am so sorry for your loss, MJ. This is awful. :cry:

74. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

((((((MJ))))))
    I'm so sorry to see this. Words are inadequate, and I'm not the best with them at times like this.....please know that you are in my thoughts at this most difficult time.

Fly free sweet Donny wings_cat

75. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

OMG - I am SOOOOO sorry. This happened to me in the past - one of my boys passed at home in front of me. It's so sad and overwhelming. My heart goes out to you.

76. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness MJ....I'm so very sorry...The heavens glow with a bright new star, right next to Buttheads...

May peace follow you till you all meet again,
    jeanne

77. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Just to let you know that I am thinking of you today.
    ((((MJ))))

78. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

NOOO! Oh MJ, I'm so very very sorry to hear this. Your sweet Donny boy will be greatly missed. This was so sudden, and so close on the heels of losing Butthead. Many many hugs to you, my friend. We will light a candle for both your boys.

Free flight and gentle landings precious Donovan.

79. Rocket & his Mom

thinking and praying for you today ((((MJ)))

80. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Hoping there is someone there to hold you tightly, MJ...
    as we would all like to...

81. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I rarely go to LL but somehow I had learned about Donovan and had been keeping up with Donovan and Tawny which led me to watch your videos of Butthead(GA). You have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy on the loss of both your precious boys. Butthead was just adorable riding in the car. I was quietly saying my prayers for Donovan that he would be given more time and was shocked when I saw he was gone.

I, as well as so many others, know and understand the deep void left in your life now and my prayer is that time and precious memories of your boys will help you through the "moments". My heart truly goes out to you, MJ.

82. cjleo

cjleo Member

MJ,

I am so sorry for your loss of your sweet Donovan. Fly free on angel wings, Donovan.

(((MJ)))

Peace and comfort in this trying time.

Claudia

83. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of you today, MJ, and sending much love,

Ella & Edward and Rusty

84. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Dearest MJ,

I'm so very sorry to learn of Donovan's illness and passing. The rapidness of his illness seems so unfair. You know he would not have gone if he didn't have to.

Fly Free gentle Donovan wings_cat I'm sure Butthead will be there to catch you when you land.

85. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

(((MJ)))
    I am so very sorry for your loss.
    Fly free Donovan
    wings_cat

86. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

{{hugs}}

87. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh MJ, I am so very sorry to learn of Donny's passing. My heart is breaking for you.
    Fly free on your beautiful new wings, and land softly at the Bridge, sweet Donovan wings_cat

88. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

MJ,
    That was such a precious photo of the boys. I am keeping you close to my heart and my prayers go out to you. We are here for you.

Love and hugs
    jan

89. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((MJ)) I am so sorry to see this. You are such a giving person so I know how much love you have given to your sweet babies and how much your heart is hurting. Again I am so very sorry.

90. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

We are so sad for you and all of Donovan's family. You have all our sympathy. It is touching that you were/are by his side. Shedding many tears now as we think of you.

91. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

MJ If you are reading this, please know we are all thinking about you & Hurt so much for you...
    Please be in touch when you can...We are all grieving with you & are worried about you--
    Love you...from Us & all your LL sisters & bros...

92. MJ+Donovan

I am reading this and your private messages, and the sweet notes on the candles that have been lit for Donovan and Butthead. I am truly and deeply touched beyond words, and still in a state of disbelief that he is gone. I could not bear to look at much of anything earlier today since I had to work, and the slightest thing would make me start sobbing :cry:

I am probably going to take Donny to Pet Memorial Park (http://www.petmempark.com -where Butthead was taken) on Thursday. He is currently wrapped in a blanket in my chest freezer. It is very oddly comforting to still have him here. Butthead was taken away immediately afterward by my vet and ended up staying in "storage" there for a while before he was picked up. I don't want Donny to be sitting there, so I'm going to take him myself. Tomorrow I want to try to get a paw impression from him, another thing I was not able to do with Butthead. If anyone has done that before, please advise. I found a clay kit at the craft store, but I guess you can also do it with plaster or cement.

Weirdness: Donny is on the FDMB calendar this month. My cat Andrew, whom Donovan was named after (Captain Shane Andrew Abraham Donovan), also left me in November, in 1995. I received my Scottish Fold Rescue calendar on Monday, and was in the midst of opening it up and looking at it when I noticed that Donny was in trouble. After years of submitting photos of Butthead, this year he finally received the honor of being chosen to be in that calendar. The final BG on Donny's SS occurred on the last line before formatting mysteriously changed. Now I don't have to worry about fixing it. Butthead's special rose gave me two blooms before it dried up and as far as I can tell, died. A short while ago I had thought it meant something else, and now I think it means that I would lose my two boys close together. It didn't seem possible, and yet, it happened.

I want to share Donovan's story from the beginning, and I will do that sometime soon. I think only a few of you here have heard it. I also want to find old VHS videos of Donny as a kitten and experiencing his first snowfall. He came to Massachusetts from Florida, so it was all new to him. And I need to find photos of Donovan and baby Butthead taken by a professional photographer back when they were both going to cat shows together. Did I ever tell you about that time Donovan was going to the vet for his yearly check and as I was taking the carrier to the car thought "Geez Donny, you need to lose some weight." Unbeknownst to me, Butthead had crawled into it and taken a nap before I shoved Donny in. There he was, all squished in behind Donny.

Maybe someday I will understand why both of my precious boys, two of the few sources of joy that I had, were taken, but right now it makes absolutely no sense to me. Very little of my life is making sense, including quite possibly this post.

Love and prayers to everyone. I don't know what I would do without you.
    MJ

[​IMG]

93. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

MJ, what a lovely idea about getting a paw impression. That will be such a nice remembrance. We know you are still hurting a lot, thanks for posting and letting us know how you are. I liked your story about Butthead sneaking into the carrier :smile: and the pic of the two of them.
    Take care,
    Melissa

94. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

MJ

When I lost Andy on 11/17 the vet made two paw print impressions for me. They are little hearts made of clay with his paw prints in them. I now have them in the bedroom with his ashes as well as as the wonderful GA memorials you made for me. I think the ones I have are made of some type of clay as I had to let them set out and dry for a couple of days.
    I am so sorry this has happened to you. Its very hard to understand and you keep asking yourself, why? If I can help you in any way please PM me or if you feel like you need to talk PM me. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Terri

95. Karrie and Maverick

I didn't know about paw impressions before losing Maverick. The place that cremated him did this for me, as well as cutting out some fur in all colours - not just grey but the soft white belly fur that I loved kissing. Maybe they can do this for you?

I can imagine that your world is surreal right now. None of it can be made sense of. I think you have some wonderful signs - the calendar with Butthead/Donny is meant to refill your heart. Donny took the decision out of your hands - like Maverick did for me. I would give anything for just one more day though.

I am looking forward to hearing how Donny (who was always meant to be just yours) came into your heart.

The carrier story made me laugh out loud. And that picture is one to treasure. The classic Butthead, and beautiful Donny. His white whiskers always mesmerized me.

Sending hugs and love.

Karrie

96. Rocket & his Mom

I sent you a pm regarding the paw prints.

still holding you close to my heart and prayers MJ...know LL is family and we are here for you if you need us

Your boys were truly special....love the picture...

Missing Butthead and Donovan for sure but their memory will live on thanks to you....

(((MJ)))

97. Jason & Belle (GA)

Jason & Belle (GA) Member

The animal hospital where Belle passed made the paw impression for me. I have it sitting on her shelf, with her ashes. I often rub my finger over it, just to feel close to her.

Things like this never make sense. It's unfair and plain old royally sucks. That said, the fact that you found joy in each other in this crazy world is a miracle. So few people know and understand that love and joy in their lifetime, and one of the prices we pay is having to deal with saying goodbye. As terrible as that can be, when you stop and think about it, it's a small price to pay for the memories we keep.

Jason

98. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

So sorry for another loss for you, MJ. :YMHUG:
    Thank you for posting the cute photos of them both. Praying for some comfort to come your way.

99. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry. Fly free sweet Donovan, may you soar high and wide and land softly.

You are so much loved and will be sorely missed.

100. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((((((((((((((((MJ))))))))))))))))))))) thinking of you today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.