Doodle Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Doodle, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

WCR - reboundy but happy. Bean struggling with tweaking dose.
    he drinks more than he used to it seems, but bloodwork 3 months ago looked good -- will repeat bloodwork soon jic.
    2010 Spreadsheet is updated.

Happy Old Timers Day LL peeps!
    Many of you know Doodle, as I do post every once in a while ( and I used to post daily) - but I'm not sure how many of you know his history.

Doodle was diagnosed just over two years ago and we started with PZI and a tight regulation protocol on another website. Although that protocol has been successful for other cats... for Doodle, it was disastrous.
    I unknowingly put him in danger by driving his BG "LO" on many extended occasions ( one lasting 32 hours) and quite possibly caused his now very overreactive liver.
    And although I am very happy that he has such a protective liver... He is even now, STILL trying to get through liver training school :roll:
    ( He really is a very smart kitty but for some reason this has proven to be a difficult subject for him to master.)

When Doodle and I first came here, Jojo helped us tremendously by customizing a protocol for Doodle's issues.
    Jill, Jojo and the tips and information I picked up in the many condos that I read daily, helped me understand how to better care for him. We monitored him closely and dosed him differently than most other cats - but he was safe... as I now knew how to feed a low number and watch for other issues.

I've have said recently that Doodle is doing great! - and I still say that, despite the nasty looking reds that seem to be populating his SS (of course those showed up after I bragged on him) He still seems to be feeling good - he's playful, affectionate, purry, has a good appy -- and his litter box doesn't look too bad either. He's happy.

And If it ends up that we need to customize his schedule again then I'm okay with that - we're just enjoying our time together :smile:

2. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great Doodle update!

3. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Aw, hi there Doodle :D

Always nice to hear from you Michelle. Come by when you can.

4. Wendi and Milo (GA)

Wendi and Milo (GA) Member

Happy Old Timer's Day Michelle & Doodle

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I miss hearing about Doodle. I hope you'll come by more often.

6. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

((Michelle)) ohhh... we were waiting for a Dood update!
    So nice to hear from you :D and glad that Doodle is feeling well..
    Sometimes the WCR is the most important!

Hope that Dood is back to his infamously beautiful numbers real soon!

7. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Michelle, When I think of my journey with feline diabetes, you are often one of the first thoughts that comes to my mind. I have 'known' you longer than anyone else because of our time on that other site together. You've always been one of Sasha's biggest cheerleaders, and I can never thank you enough for that.

It makes me grin ear to ear when I think about how far Doodle has come since those early days. You are an amazing mommabean and person, and your dedication to Doodle, Cotter, Abbey, and Chloe is something to be proud of.

I'm so happy we ended up in the same place again. :D

[​IMG]

8. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

It is so nice to see a Doodle update! You were my "first contact" here and I will always be grateful to you for your warm encouragement to post. As I, too, was coming from the other board I was feeling a bit uncertain. Thanks for being my welcoming party!

9. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

It's so nice to see a pretty Doodle-Butt! The dental Doodle was just heartbreaking.

10. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

I'm not an oldtimer, but I am loving reading all these updates. Long Live Old Timers Caturday!!

It warms my heart to hear Cassandra say "I can never thank you enough" to someone because she has been there for me and Indy on so many occasions and I have said those exact words to her. What a great place LL is!

11. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Michelle & Doodle--So happy to see a great WCR for the Doodle Bug! Yes, we all remember the disaster dental , but you got through it and here you are today with a happy healthy Doodle!! I Always smile when I see that gorgeous boy--Wishing you good health & Doodle -we are watching you!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Be happy & well and Please visit!!

12. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

yep, i'm struggling with that tweaking the dose thing myself. tough when i'm used to a very easy responsive kitty but we do the best we can.
    i'm sure doodle is in great shape now from all the loving care, for which you can be darned proud of yourself, michelle. (((HUGS)))

13. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Great to see your update on Doodlebug, Michelle! He surely is lucky to have you as his Mama Bean. You are doing such a great job with him. So happy to hear he is feeling great. I too remember the traumatic dental...glad that is in the past!

Judith and Thomas (GA)

14. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

What a great Doodle bug update. You have done amazing things with him.

Sherry & Zoe

15. Tammy and Blaze

Tammy and Blaze Member

Doodle and Blaze both have front seats in liver training school! You are doing a fantastic job with him.

16. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Nice to see things are back to normal for Doodlebutt.

17. lynn and bear (ga)

lynn and bear (ga) Member

((((((mimi and dodo))))))

18. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

It's so good to see you Michelle and I' m so glad that our Doodlebug is doing so well. Don't be a stranger.

19. lynn and bear (ga)

lynn and bear (ga) Member

er, i meant to say dooda, not dodo, lolol

couldn't figure out how to edit, hope "dodo" doesn't stick

20. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

LOL Lynn!!
    call him what you want - he knows ya love him :)

21. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

i swear I posted to this condo.

So happy Doodlebug is feeling good. Hoping the red goes away... no signs of p-itis or anything? Does he have any teefies left? Could it be leftover teefy pain?

How's Doodle's doggy sister?

22. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

:D :D :D

At least Doodle and Blaze are still in LTS. Meowzi flunked out :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: (blame it on 83(84?)-year-old eyesight and shaky fingers, Lynn!) :mrgreen:

23. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

A DoodleBug Condo!

Yeah, 'dodo' stuck....lol if Lynn's elderly hands shake this much when typing, I'm afraid for poor Bear's ears!

Love the WDR! (that's not hand shaking, it means whole doodle report).

24. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm - does Dude have Doodle's email addy? Seems they may have done some (or be doing some) comparing SS's here.

Glad to hear he's feeling good though and that really is the important thing. I love that picture of him.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

25. Shelly and Scar

Shelly and Scar Member

Those darn wayward livers..ugh~! Well, you said it best. he's a smart boy and he will no doubt figure it out. Glad to hear he's doing so well and enjoying life :smile:

26. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

doodlebutt!

i have good news and bad news after glancing at SS. first the good news, it is NOT a duration issue, in fact his nadir has moved way back after all that time on custom dosing protocol (like we wanted). so i don't think you need to go back to more frequent dosing since you HAVE to be enjoying your time on bid. the bad news? i have been sitting here for over 12 hours typing now and am brain dead and hurting. can't think or type anymore. i need to really look at SS with way fresher eyes. cause yeah sumthin sumthin is off, those are not doodle-like numrahs at all. and with him it can mean dose needs to go up or dose needs to go down, the micro-dose L cats are not cut and dried like regular dose L cats are. however i know where you are so can tell ya to meet me here next time i'm here (my plan is to stop by LL a few times for shorter visits during week now and then always be here all oldtimer's catudays).

must. go. lay. down.
    but happy to sees ya here and loved the WCR!

ps. i;ve been saying in the oldtimer's condos what they brought to collective LL knowledge. ahhh doodle's is so long to type out. will save it for next caturday. k?

ni-ni michelle!
    ----:) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

27. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

WCR = happy cat. sounds good to me !!

Nice to see you guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.