Dosage adjustment needed?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Kya’s Mom 1983, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Can you take a look at numbers to see if there is a pattern? Miffed at how morning numbers are pretty good but night numbers are terrible and stay in the yellows most days. Kya is getting 1 can in morning of FF and a 1/4 can at 10 and a 1/4 can at 2 and then 1 can for dinner. Could it be the way I have spaced out the food? Any suggestions and or advice and reasons why her numbers are like that?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

The 0.75 u dose looks good overall. I'd stick to it for now. Her numbers are quite good so try not to be discouraged. I suspect the Novolin doesn't have 12 hours duration most of the time so she goes into the PM dose higher and it takes a bit longer for that dose to get her numbers down in the evening. Finally by AM she's in blues and the same dose is able to get her lower because she starts at a lower PS. This doesn't happen every day but it seems common from your SS data.

Another possibility is that she's beginning to rebound from lower early day numbers by the time late afternoon comes. It can be difficult to know exactly what the reasons are. I think she's doing well overall at the 0.75 u dose and with an insulin that can be stronger in action - ie., pull down BG fast and low.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  3. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Ok thank you! Just wanted to make sure I’m on the right track.

Kris & Teasel likes this.