Dose advice for Carlos -Continuation of past thread

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Danidahl, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danidahl

Danidahl Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/questions-about-dose-on-prozinc.236864/

Hello everyone,

This is a continuation of a previous thread I had for my kitty Carlos who almost had a hypo event yesterday. What we ended on was a decrease in his dose by .25. This morning his number was 285 and the dose given was 2.5. I am going to do a mid-day reading and a pre bed reading in addition to his before shot readings. Deb&Wink recommended I create a new thread (old thread linked above) because my first one was getting a little long. Any additional dosing advice is welcome or any thoughts in general about how I can better help my boy. I know I need more tests and am working them into my schedule so that I am able to review the complete schedule of how insulin effects his body :)

Yesterday there were a lot of people who helped me avoid a hypo. I was going to @ each person here but as I went through the list got really long. I can not believe the help I got on this forum. My husband and I can not thank all of you enough. For anyone who looks at this post. When did you feel like you had enough information to start helping others on this forum? I post occasionally on the FB page when its something I can help with and as of right now I clearly do not know enough to give dose advice but wasnt sure if I was allowed to post and help others on this forum and wanted to know when you felt you had enough knowledge to help.

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Being relatively new here you really dont need to help BUT...It does help other "newbies" hear from each other, how their journey is going. It gives them hope, calm and STRENGTH to know just how things work around here AND the willingness of others to help a stranger, through the rough beginnings. We welcome and thank everyone of you that share their experience here. (good AND bad)
    jeanne

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Danielle,

Glad all went OK with Carlos and yourself yesterday. You did great! :)

As soon as you know how scary it feels when your cat's been diagnosed with diabetes then you're able to help others: don't need a PhD in feline diabetes to give a welcome and a little reassurance to new members who've just received the Dx and are feeling anxious and overwhelmed. After that, the more you learn, the more you'll find things to pitch in on: what to feed, where to get supplies, testing tips - all of it's important. :)

Mogs

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

I third that advice. Even new members have plenty to contribute here. Doesn't have to be dosing advice to be helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.