Dose check.

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Kya’s Mom 1983, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Kyas numbers have been getting higher and higher for her preshot tests. Trying to figure out what is going on. Started to try 1 u to try to match the increase in her numbers. Can some one look at her sheet to see if they can figure it out. Should I go back to .75 or try the 1 unit for a while? Tonight’s number was very high. She is on same FF but did not get a 1/4 can at the +4 mark today. Her +4 was 177 which I know is ok but I would like it to be lower. Could something be wrong with her insulin?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Those numbers are higher but not horrible. When did you buy this vial of insulin? If it's your first one it might be losing its oomph. I'd continue the 1 u for now.

3. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Bought this vial beginning of sept when I started the spreadsheet. That thought had popped into my mind. I will do 1 u for a week or 2 and see if it gets any better. Thank u

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

That vial might be getting to its "best before" date. You might want to get a new one and start it on a day when you can monitor. It might surprise you.