? Doseage adjustment times

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by mary hornbeck, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mary hornbeck

mary hornbeck Member

hi everyone:
    I wanted to get some advice on this weekend as I have to work on Saturday from 4-9p. Generally marmalade gets his evening dose at 6p but I will not be home, what r my options as I want to keep eating as close to 6 as I can and I also will not be able to get a BG until 3 earliest, just before I leave

What should I do?

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Because it's Wednesday and you only have a couple of days until then, the absolute simplest thing is to skip that dose and resume at the normal time on Sunday. You also have the option of shooting a regular dose late on Saturday evening and then compensating (if needed) with a smaller dose on Sunday morning. The later dose on Saturday might keep his BG down into the early hours of Sunday AM resulting in a lower AMPS on Sunday.

3. mary hornbeck

mary hornbeck Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I can tell you that on the few occasions when I knew that I was going to be out for several hours around Teasel's shot time I skipped the shot. We got back on track afterward with no harm done. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.