? Dosing advice please after reduction -- higher numbers again

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Alana & Fatty, May 4, 2021.

  1. Alana & Fatty

    Alana & Fatty Member

    Aug 30, 2020
    Hi everyone,

    I'm wondering if Fats is bouncing or if he needs a dose increase again.

    Fats has been getting some better numbers lately, including a greenie last Thursday, so I reduced his dose per the SLGS guidelines. Since then his numbers have not gone into the blues, but have made considerable drops at nadir. His PMPS tonight was unpleasant -- 26.5 or 477, and his blood ketones tested 0.6 mmol/L (they were 0.3 mmol/L at AMPS), so I'm feeling a bit antsy. He ate well and had insulin, and I am just preparing to give him his subqs, which will hopefully flush those suckers out, so I will recheck shortly. While. Breathing. Alana.

    Thank you any and all ... just when I think we're making progress :D
    Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

    Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

    Jan 31, 2013
    You should consider that dose reduction a failed reduction for Sir Fats.
    I'd say he definitely needs a dose increase.
    He's on the dose roller coaster for now.
    Hope the increase gets him back down to the low blues and high greens.

    Breathe in, hold, release, breathe in, hold release, breath in, hold, release..............................................
  3. Alana & Fatty

    Alana & Fatty Member

    Aug 30, 2020
    Thank you Deb! Back up to 1.2 (basically a skinny 1.25) this morning ... PMPS was 232 or 12.9, so today hasn't been a curve so much as a slant downwards. I will be sure to get a +2 and see how we're doing from there. Hoping for something nice and gentle -- not too high, not too low.

    I'm breathing, I'm breathing! :bighug:

Share This Page