Dosing Advice - Time to Increase?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Caitlin & Charleston, May 19, 2020.

1. Caitlin & Charleston

Caitlin & Charleston Member

Tomorrow will mark 1 week since Charleston's ProZinc dose was increased from 1U to 2U. This was recommended by my vet, but I've since learned we may have wanted to go slower.

I've read the ProZinc Dosing Methods and I'm thinking I should increase his dose to 2.25U starting tomorrow. To be honest, I'm feeling really discouraged. He had a couple good days with numbers in the yellow/blue, but now he's gone back up and it feels like the insulin isn't working :(

Could someone take a look at Charleston's SS and let me know what you think? Thanks!

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

I think that Charleston is still caught in a bounce cycle.
    But you can still increase the dose to 2.25U.
    In fact, Charleston is saying this 2U dose is not enough for him.
    You want to see him down in the blues and even the greens. The 2U dose is not getting him there.

Be aware that if Charleston is breaking the bounce when you increase, it can be a very active cycle, and you may need to do more testing. Because the bounce breaking combined with the dose increase hits like a double whammy, and together can take the BG lower than you are used to.

3. Caitlin & Charleston

Caitlin & Charleston Member

Thanks for taking a look @Deb & Wink. I'll increase his dose tomorrow. I'm fortunate to work from home, so I'll keep a close eye on him and do more testing as needed.

Deb & Wink likes this.