Dosing advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by DArcey and Buddy, Mar 25, 2021.

1. DArcey and Buddy

DArcey and Buddy Member

Hi everyone!

Our girl Buddy has had quite an eventful year or so she had a dental surgery, UTI, and now she could be showing signs of CKD. We had her numbers in a really good spot for a while and once all this started we have had a hell of a time getting her numbers right. So we are reaching out for some dosing advice.
    If you take a look at the past month or so you can she she had been receiving about 2.25U for her shots, but we recently tried to do a “reset” because we were at a loss of what to do. As you can see in her spreadsheet she has been receiving 1U for her dose and her numbers are still about the same as they had been when at 2.25U. Had anyone else experienced this? How long should we keep her on this dose before increasing?

D’Arcey

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Some daytime mid cycle tests would be nice if you can swing them. She definitely needs an increase, I'd increase next shot by 0.25U.

Look at my spreadsheet from last year, I too tried a reset (although on Vetsulin). They are generally not recommended, but I didn't know that at the time!

You'll like have to keep going and find a breakthrough dose, I just hit ours last week at 5.75U of Lantus after a few months.

Have you seen the Modified ProZinc dosing method? That would allow you to make increases much more quickly

Deb & Wink likes this.
  3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Did the food change when you found out about the CKD?

Reluctant to talk about a dose change, without seeing some more mid-cycles, especially in the AM dosing cycle.