Dosing Advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hayley Chatagnier, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Hayley Chatagnier

Hayley Chatagnier New Member

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Looks like you haven't found a good dose for Charlie yet.

What foods do you keep in your hypo toolkit?

When you say Charlie had a severe hypo episode, what were his symptoms?

If you have any more test data, even if it's sporadic, we would love to see that on the SS. Including that time he had the BG of 31.

3. Hayley Chatagnier

Unfortunately I don't have the information from his Hypo event except for his numbers from a facebook post during the event, those are typed in below. I am new to this group and am only just starting to get the hang of the spreadsheet. I do remember that his sugar was 160ish and he received 1.5 units of prozinc with his food. He started acting lethargic (usually he is trying to snatch food from his humans, wanting lots of pets, playful and instead he was just laying there unphased by his dog sibling and not moving much) so I checked his sugar around +3 and it was 33; rubbed karo syrup on his gums and gave fancy feast grilled in gravy which is a little higher in carbs and some dry prescription hills m/d and some friskies dry treats. Recheck at +4 was 31, karo syrup/food/treats again then rechecks as follows: +4.25 was 40, +4.50 was 51, +4.75 was 64, +5 was 84, +5.5 was 133 and then he bounced up for his AMPS to >500. The spreadsheet starts 1 week after this episode.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

If you could link your SS (spreadsheet) to your User Id Signature, we can have "view only" access to look at it.

By including the SS in your thread like you did, we can't click on the link in your Signature, and see the latest information so nothing from the last time you posted.

That must have been scary, to have the BG levels that low. So glad that you are testing more now. Cats can be extra sensitive to insulin when they have gone that low, so dropping the dose was exactly what you should have done. Good job!

Directions on how to link the SS to your user id signature is included in this thread:
    Sticky HOW TO CREATE A SPREADSHEET

5. Hayley Chatagnier