Dosing advice

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Harold Kunzli, Oct 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harold Kunzli

Harold Kunzli Member

Hello Everyone!

This morning I had an unexpectedly low number (6.4 @ +11.5 (amps)) and had to skip his dose. This is the 2nd time this week we have seen a rather low number for him. But for the most part he is at higher numbers that indicate he needs an increase. Is there any medical reason his numbers are so all over the place?
    Also since I had to skip the dose today, do I need to wait another 7 full days before increasing? Or will I be able to increase on Monday after I do a curve Sunday?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vuz6SmPkoGbb1JuAwqe9s4a0drY/edit?usp=drivesdk

Thank you in advance for any help!

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Kali it would help a lot if you could get at least one test in during each pm cycle. At the moment, we have no idea what is happening for half the time. On the few occasions you have recently done pm cycle tests, he has dropped into blue numbers. I don’t use Prozinc so I will tag @JanetNJ for you re the dose.
    Are you giving snacks during the cycles as well as the 2 main meals before the dose of insulin?.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

That was an unusual ps. Did you by any chance take a second reading to make sure it was accurate? I don't think of raise the dose just yet... Not when your getting numbers low enough to skip.

4. Harold Kunzli

Harold Kunzli Member

I will try to get more reading after his p.m shot. With the way my work schedule is I normally end up asleep within an hour of his night time shot, hence the lack of testing.
    And yes, he eats 5 meals a day.

5. Harold Kunzli

Harold Kunzli Member

Yes I took a 2nd to ensure it wasn't an error.. weird right haha? Worries me about how low he must have been prior.

JanetNJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.