Help please. Pabay has been an unstable diabetic for far too long and we decided to switch to a different dosing schedule from every 12 hours to every 8 hours. My aim was to try and stabalise him and if it worked switch insulin because it would demonstrate that Prozinc did not last long enough for him. The results are promising (I think) but my vet is very concerned that I might be wrong about the insulin not lasting as long as it should do and therefore he will hit a nadir soon and far below acceptable limits. My vet has agreed to give 8 hours a go but if it doesn't work: use a libre sensor continuously and dose with prozinc twice a day and give a top up with human fast acting insulin (faster than caninsulin). The problem with that is Pabay hates the sensors and rips them off with his skin! Today Pabay was reviewed at the vet and we decided to continue the 8 hour schedule but to fit a libre sensor (the second one in two weeks). Unfortunately something has gone wrong (again) and it is not reading yet again (£120 down the drain in two weeks) . So I am blood testing only. Today I got a low BG after we got back from the vet 11.2 Mmol using centrist pet metre. This is the lowest reading I have had for ages but it is at the top of the range for a controlled cat. Since I introduced the every 8 hour schedule there have been benefits: Pabay’s thirst has backed off and he is not drinking excessively; His poo is normal not loose or runny; The BG readings are not bouncing; There is no sign of having had a hypo since I started; The BG readings are coming down slowly during the day and over the period since 17th March. So if there is an experienced user of prozinc out there who has used 8 hour schedules and has time to take a look at the figures and let me know what they think I would be most grateful. The only other thing I can think of is that Pabay is on too much insulin. Since Pabay was diagnosed in 2018 I have been constantly reducing his insulin. I wonder if I should switch back to twice a day and perhaps try 1.2 units U40 twice a day (that would be 1.2 unit less than he is on now) or persevere with 8 hours a day for now and monitor him closely. My vet advises us to undertake investigations costing £2500 before we go onto glargine!!!!!! I have ordered more libre sensors! Any advice?