? Dosing Question ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Ponix, May 31, 2023.

1. Wendy&Ponix

Wendy&Ponix New Member

Sooo.... my boy Ponix just had his PMPS test, and it was 14.5... I just recently dropped his dose from 3 units twice daily to 1.5 twice daily and it's just been 4 days of keeping track on his spreadsheet... typically he's been in the low 20s on his PMPS test. I'll check again in 15 minutes, but if he's still around 14, I'm wondering if I should still give his 1.5 units?
    THANKS guys!! [​IMG]
    UPDATE: 15-minute later retest: 17.6

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PVEZ_qfwL4D9EbhLNZ62YwjcQXJ4dzMI5eIJP1iR0FQ/edit?usp=sharing

2. Gus the Furminator

Gus the Furminator Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy! So glad you’re over here from FB!
    One of the most important things you can do is pick a protocol. It gives you a guide on when to increase, decrease or hold a dose.

Here is a link to the protocols followed here. Have a look and let us know if you have any questions.

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-low-go-slow-slgs-tight-regulation-tr.210110/

Can you tell us if there has been any diet changes recently? Are you feeding multiple meals a day?

That’s was decent drop yesterday’s am cycle from amps to +5 and he’s probably bouncing from it today.

Bouncing happens when BGs drop too low, too quick or lower than the body is used to. A bounce can last up to 3 days.

I’d hold this dose and ride out the bounce before make any changes.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  3. Wendy&Ponix

Wendy&Ponix New Member

Thanks for your response! :) No diet changes within the past week, no... he is eating multiple small meals in the day, yes... wet foods (fancy feast pates), and freeze-dried chicken and salmon for treats... I went ahead and gave him his usual dose of 1.5 units of Lantus because he bounced back up to 17.6 on the 15-minute re-check. I'll check him again in about 3 hours for his night-time test. :)

Gus the Furminator likes this.
  4. Gus the Furminator

That was a good call giving his normal dose. :bighug:

Please still check out the dosing protocols and get back with any questions you may have, it helps a million when you have something to follow.

5. Wendy&Ponix

Wendy&Ponix New Member

I'm absolutely going to check those out... thanks! I've got a lot of reading to do, but I know this will end up being as effortless as breathing.. ;)

6. Gus the Furminator

Like brushing your teeth, all part of the routine, I promise!

Wendy&Ponix likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It would also be great if you would add a signature so we don’t keep asking you the same questions over and over. Hi Kim.

Gus the Furminator likes this.