Dreamsicle (GA)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Dale, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale

Dale Member

I lost my Dreamsicle this morning to liver cancer with metastasis to the lungs and 2 lymph nodes. He also had heart disease. Cancer was suspected when the fluid that was building up in his abdomen turned to chyle. He was starting to have labored breathing because the fluid was building up too fast. The vet helped him to a place where he was healed and didn't have to have anymore pokies. rb_icon He laid aside his diseased earthly body to gain one that was healed and beautiful again.

I will miss my Dreamsicle. I'm glad though that I can see him in the video Lynette made and posted at YouTube on how to hometest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ6iXetR398&feature=related

He was a good boy and will deeply missed. He graced my life for 1 1/2 years. wings_cat

Dale

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Sending purrs and prayers.

3. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

I am very sorry!

4. Trish & Harley (GA)

Trish & Harley (GA) Member

(((Dale)))
    I am so very sorry.

5. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

I'm so very sorry! My sympathies. (((Dale)))

6. Chris & Mally

Chris & Mally Member

I am so sorry for your loss!

I watched the video and was amazed at how patient he was with his testing. What a great cat!

7. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

(((Dale))),
    Sending prayers for both you and Dreamsicle. He is now free to romp at the bridge, without the aches and pains of his earthly body.
    Dana

8. HollyandSpader(GA)

HollyandSpader(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear this news. Dreamsicle was special.

9. Patticass & Tyler (GA)

Patticass & Tyler (GA) Member

I'm so sorry about Dreamsicle.

10. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

(((Dale))) I am so very sorry. I know how much you love Dreamsicle, you were lucky to have found each other. Setting him free is the hardest decision but in the end you've given him the most amazing gift of love. He will be at the Bridge playing and loving you from afar until you meet again.

(((hugs)))

11. lynda and scruffy (GA)

lynda and scruffy (GA) Member

I'm so sorry to hear this, Dale. He was a beautiful cat. And how lucky he was to have spent the last years of his life with two people as loving and caring as you and Lynette.

[​IMG]

12. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

Safe crossing, sweet Dreamsicle

I am so sorry, Dale - that's a nasty disease, and there was nothing else that could have been done. I hope you can take comfort in knowing that he had a wonderful home with you, and knew the joys of being loved.

I give you this one thought to keep:
    I am with you still; I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow.
    I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awaken in the morning's hush,
    I am the swift, uplifting rush
    of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not stand by my grave and weep;
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
    Do not think of me as gone-
    I am with you still- in each new dawn.

http://www.inspiringthots.net/movie/grave.php

13. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

oh no not Dreamsicle. I am so sorry Dale. Thank you for taking him in this last year and a half and my thoughts and prayers go out to you as well as Lynette.

14. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

(((Dale))) I am so very sorry :(. Dreamsicle was such a handsome and blessed kitty to have first Lynette and then you to love and to love him. You made the last year and a half of his life truly special.

Run free, handsome Dreamsicle. You have earned your freedom from illness and Dale loves you more than enough to have given you this gift.

15. Pat and Skipper (GA)

Pat and Skipper (GA) Member

He was a sweet, good boy and he was very lucky to have you.
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    wings_cat fly free Dreamsicle.

16. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Oh ((Dale)) I am so sorry. He was so lucky to have you in his life and to care for him. He was so special. Fly free sweet Dreamsicle.

17. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

I'm so sorry your sweet boy has gone

Fly free sweet (((Dreamsicle)))

18. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Dale. He lived out the last years of his life in love and comfort, thanks to you and Lynette. Fly free, Dreamsicle.

19. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sad that Dreamsicle is gone. He is one of my all-time favorites that have passed through here.

You were such a wonderful mama to him.

20. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

((((Dale))))

I'm so sorry to read this.... how sad. Dreamsicle was so special. You gave him a wonderful life and thought it was a short time with you, the love and devotion you had for him was felt the world over. I wish a peaceful transition for him and some solace for you in time.

21. Suzanne + Nemo (GA)

Suzanne + Nemo (GA) Member

So very sorry, Dale. I remember when you first adopted Dreamsicle, and you have been such an amazing caregiver to him. Many (((HUGS))).

22. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Dale. Dreamsicle was a sweetie and luckily he found you. Warm hugs, Carol

23. velma & pooka

velma & pooka Member

I'm so sorry that you lost Dreamscile. It's always so hard to lose someone you love, even when you know they no longer have to deal with the problems they had here. I pray you find comfort in the love you shared.

24. M L and Cleo (GA)

M L and Cleo (GA) Member

I'm so sorry to hear this; Dreamsicle was such a handsome boy and I'm glad he was able to spend the last year and a half in such a loving home.

25. Pam and Layla

Pam and Layla Member

(((Dale)))

I'm so sorry. Fly free sweet Dreamsicle.

Pam & Layla

26. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.. and Lynettes. :cry: (((((((((((((((((((DALE)))))))))))))))
    I too, am glad he had beans like you in his life that gave him a home when needed and love. Dreamsicle is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. Merlyn will help him in the spirit world, I am sure.

Lisa, and Merlyn over the Bridge

27. Holli & Ping (GA)

Holli & Ping (GA) Member

I am so sorry for your & Lynette's loss of Dreamsicle. May all our GA's guide him at the bridge.
    Holli

28. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

(((Dale))) I'm so very sorry.
    this is just so sad.
    I remember his first days with((( Lynette))) ... our Mcdreamy...
    I'm glad you had that year and a half.
    -- my condolences.

Fly free sweet (((Dreamsicle)))

29. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Aw, Dale, I'm so sorry that you and Lynette have lost this handsome guy to that hideous disease. We work so hard to keep them going with the diabetes and then that monster steps in and takes them. But your final gift of love has taken away all the pain and you are so right - he is flying free and will never hurt again.

I know your heart must be hurting and you must be so sad - he was a beautiful special kitty and I'm sending many comforting prayers your way.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

30. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry that you have lost McDreamy, (((((Dale))))). You and Lynette are such wonderful souls for all you do for all the cats. Yes, Dreamsicle was very special, and he still is. Fly free, most wonderful sweet orinch boy.

31. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Dear Dale,
    My heart sank when I saw this post. Another one of those you hope never to see. You and Lynette have saved so many - given so many so much love - so much of yourselves. Thank you. Dreamsicle was so lucky to have such a wonderful home. Wishing you some peace and comfort in the following days. There's always such an empty hole left behind when we lose these precious souls. Sending you the warmest of thoughts and hugs.
    xxx
    patti

32. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

oh ((((((Dale)))))) I'm so very sorry to read this. You only had Dreamsicle for a short time, but in that time you gave so much love and LIFE to him.... he'll be waiting for you....

33. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

so very sad to hear this news.
    I remember when you adopted him via Lynette. What a lucky cat to have found you both.

(( Dale ))

Peace Dearest Dreamsicle. I hope the "Dream" part of your name means you will visit Dale in hers.....

with sympathy ,

Cheryl and in spirit, Winnie .

34. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

oh dale, I am so sorry to hear this. what a good momma bean you were to dreamsicle. he was so very lucky to have had you to love on him and take care of him. fly free sweet one.

35. Sweetgrass & the Furries

Sweetgrass & the Furries Member

I am so very sorry.
    Making that choice out of love and compassion is so hard, but ultimately such a gift for Dreamsicle.
    Fly free and strong Deamsicle.

36. VictorsMom (GA)

VictorsMom (GA) New Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.

37. Dragonwings

Dragonwings New Member

I'm sorry for your loss Dale. *hugs*

38. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly free Dreamsicle (GA)

Oh no! I'm so very sorry to both you & Lynette. Many hugs coming your ways. I'm glad he at least knew both of your love before he had to move on. Sometimes I think that's all they need to be able to move on. That's what was missing from their life. Then the angels from here come along, and make it complete with their love.

Many (((HUGS))) & tears,
    Steph & Cuddles (GA)

39. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Fly free Sweet Dreamsicle. wings_cat

40. Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake

Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake Member

Fly free sweet boy...you taught so many by your example! :cry:

41. Beth and Simon (GA)

Beth and Simon (GA) Member

((((Dale)))) I'm so sorry.

42. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

((((Dale)))) ((((Lynette))))

Dale,

I am so sorry for your heartbreak. You sure were a fantastic mom to a cat everyone wanted, but no one had room for. I remember the day I saw the post saying McDreamy was going to you and I cried because I was so happy for you all. Lynette gave her all to him, rescuing him from a desperate situation to live the good life with her for a little while and then you came in and helped her and McDreamy both by giving him another happy home. You two are angels, and I know you both share a deep sadness today. I am so very sorry that he could not stay here for many years to come, but I have the knowledge that two ladies saved this cat and taught him what it was like to be truly loved.

Fly free sweet Dreamsicle, you will be forever missed wings_cat

43. Heather_Mr.Tubs(GA)

Heather_Mr.Tubs(GA) New Member

I'm so sorry, Dale.

Safe Journey, Dreamy!

44. karen and splash (ga)

karen and splash (ga) Member

I am so sorry Dale. McDreamy was blessed to have both you and Lynette come into his life and show him such unconditional love. (((((fly free Dreamsicle)))))

45. Wendy & Tiger

Wendy & Tiger Member

(((((Dale))))) (((((Dreamsicle))))) (((((Lynette)))))

I'm so sorry that it was Dreamsicle's time to go! He will always live on in your (and all of our) hearts!

Sending hugs and prayers...

46. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Very sorry to read this and sosorry for your loss. He has traded that sick tired body for a free healthy spirit. My sincere condolences.
    Jeanne

47. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

I am so very, very sorry for your loss

~M

48. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

So sorry to hear this Dale Ann. Dreamsicle was a very blessed cat to have you to guide him through the last 1.5 years of his life.

49. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. I remember when you agreed to take Dreamsicle and it's hard to believe that 1.5 years have passed already. It's never long enough. My thoughts are with you...

50. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Dreamsicle.

51. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'm so sorry for your loss, it is a sad day on FDMB.

Fly free Dreamsicle.

52. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

I remember when he was transported. Love his name!

Fly free handsome Dreamsicle. wings_cat

53. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Oh Dale, I remember when you adopted Dreamsicle from Lynette. I am so sorry your boy had to leave you. You and Lynette gave him a wonderful gift in his last years... the gift of true and genuine love. Nothing can match that. He left today surrounded by that love... a love that carried him safely to the Bridge and that will live on forever.

I send my heartfelt condolences for your aching heart. I wish you peace.

Fly high and free Dreamsicle. Thank you for leaving your legacy with us to teach other kitties and beans how to care for their "sweet" ones. Your memory lives on!

54. Cathie & Baby

Cathie & Baby New Member

Dale, I am so sorry that Dreamsicle had to leave you in this way. Thank you for taking such good care of him. He was lucky
    to have you. (((hugs)))

55. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that it was Dreamsicle's time to leave you. What a beautiful boy he was and what a beautiful angel he must be with his beautiful golden wings. I'm sure he was given a very special welcome at the Bridge by our kitties who have gone on before.

Fly high and proud McDreamy. Please don't forget to pay your Mommies avisit to let them know that you are Ok.

Again Dale and Lynette I am so sorry.

56. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((dale and lynette)))))
    i'm so sorry for your loss.
    fly free mc dreamy...
    wings_cat

57. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Dale (and Lynette,) I am so sorry about your sweet kitty and I want to tell you that this was the video that I watched over and over the day I was learning how to do BG tests. Thanks to you and Dreamsicle I was able to learn this skill and was able to help my own kitty. At the time I didn't realize it was Dreamsicle... but seeing the video again today, I remembered him instantly and said to myself, OMG, that is the kitty that helped me.

I am glad Dreamsicle is at peace now and can watch over all his friends and send happy vibes from kitty heaven.

58. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

oh, dale, i'm so so sorry. :(
    i'm glad dreamy had a happy home in which to end his days. that was a blessing.
    we are all surrounding you with love and support at this sad time.

59. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

Dale i am so sorry you lost your sweet Dreamsicle.
    He was a good boy and is waiting to see you again.

60. Sandy and Boris

Sandy and Boris Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that Dreamsicle had a good home with you and you had each other to love.
    sandy

61. Dale

Dale Member

Thank you all for your caring thoughts for my Dreamsicle. I thought yesterday was hard; this morning was harder not counting out that 4th test strip or 4th syringe. And even though I have a whole passel of other kitties, the house seems empty. I'm sure you all know what I mean. Gonna wait a while and let my heart heal some and see what...no...who God and Dreamy have in store for me next.

Thank you again for your kind words and thoughts for my orange and white boy.

62. Debra & CB (GA) & Gang

Debra & CB (GA) & Gang Member

Oh Dale, I'm so so very sorry for your loss! You'll also always have the memories that reside in your heart of this dear boy.

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

63. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Dale )))

I'm so sorry it was time for Dreamsickle to leave. Fly free, sweet boy.

64. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

What a beautiful legacy Dreamsicle leaves, a youtube video to help other sugarcats and their beans. I am truly sorry for your loss.

65. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Dale, I'm so sorry. He was such a handsome guy and so sweet. He was so blessed to have found you even if it was for such a short time.
    He is free of pain now young again playing at the Bridge with all our babies.

66. Cheryl & Tux

Cheryl & Tux Member

I am so very sorry for your loss, Dale.

You were both blessed to have the other in your life.

Fly free, precious Dreamsicle, fly free......................

67. Kathy

Kathy Member

Dale,

I am brand new to the whole feline diabetes world and I just wanted you to know how much the video with Dreamsicle in it has helped me!!

I watched it so many time before I poked my cat Bert and I have to say watching that video gave the the courage to do it.
    I am so sorry for your loss, but know even though he is gone he is still helping so many people.

Thank you!!!

Kathy

68. Helen and Tuco (GA)

Helen and Tuco (GA) New Member

I'm sorry, Dale.

Fly Free, Dreamsicle....

69. Marjorie and Tigger

Marjorie and Tigger Member

((((Dale)))) I'm so sorry to read of Dreamsicle passing. Godspeed.

With deepest sympathies,
    Marjorie & Tigger (GA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.