Dry food addicts

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa dvm, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

For all of the people who come here with dry food addicts, please point them to:

http://www.catinfo.org/docs/Tips%20for% ... -14-11.pdf

In my strong opinion - and extensive experience - it is possible to get every cat to eat canned food.

That said, if it was easy with every cat, my Tips for Transitioning Dry Food Addicts to Canned Food would not be 8 pages long.

People give up too easily/quickly on this issue. FAR too easily and quickly.

It takes work and a lot of patience. As noted on my website and in my Tips paper, it took me 3 long and very frustrating months to get my cats off of a 100% dry food diet and eating canned food. 9 years later, they are now on a strictly homemade diet and have not seen dry food since.

When I tackled the transition, my oldest was 10 and none of my cats had ever seen canned food so they did not recognize it as food. Tough 3 months but, after coming to understand the health implications of feeding dry food to cats, I never thought of quitting.

2. cellosmom

cellosmom Member

Can I vote we make this a sticky?!

Something I am battling with with my civvie right now, and its a problem because even having dry food in the house means cello gets into it every so often and is a set back in our recovering from diabetes mission!

Currently waiting for my fortiflora in the mail....

Thanks for this document!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.