GA Dulce has Joined Badger and my others

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Larry and Kitties, Sep 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

This afternoon I said goodbye to my Dulce. I adopted him in July 2014 as an untreated diabetic form a shelter. I was a day before I adopted Badger whom I said goodbye to earlier this year. DUlce was only on insulin for a couple of months before he went into remission.

About 3 weeks or so ago I noted his appetite was down. I thought maybe his were degrading but his USG was like it was in July when he had a complete blood and urine workup with no problems noted. I then noted that his feces were tan and that could indicate a liver or pancreas problem. I then did a free catch or urine in a ladle and noted it was brown and the dipstick showed bilirubin which tends to indicate a liver problem. A week and day ago I had a vet visit and blood work was unremarkable but x rays showed what appeared to me a mass by the intestines. I did not want to put him through surgery or other invasive procedures so I took him how and started pred which improved his quality of life at first. Then he ate less himself even with appetite stimulant but he go a lot better accepting syringe feeding. Then he was spending a lot of time at waterfuntin and urinating a lot (not diabetes) and his abdomen became extended and one could really feel his spine. Today the vet palipited his abdomen and could feel that the mas had really grown. He passed peacefully with my dog Raggy there. Early tody I observed Nala grooming Dule so may that was Nala saying goodbye too.

Nala grrominh Dulce.jpeg

Dulce at end.jpeg

Ann & Sister likes this.
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    My condolences to you and your family.

3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. It is never easy to say goodbye to our pets

Fly free Dulce and watch over everyone who loves you
    cat_wings>o

4. Ann & Sister

Ann & Sister Member

Hugs to you for rescuing Dulce in 2014 and giving him several years of love and care.
    :bighug:

5. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry, Larry. My thoughts are with you.

6. Denver & Magic (GA)

Denver & Magic (GA) Member

My sincerest condolences on your loss.

7. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

So very sorry. RIP Dulce.

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

So sorry Larry. :bighug:

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. You two are Angels for giving these sweet babies a good home and lots of love.

10. BellaBlue82

BellaBlue82 Member

I'm so sorry Larry, I hope you are at peace now Dulce. He's waiting for us with the rest of our animals who have passed before us. cat_wings>o

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so so sorry for your loss Larry. Thank you for adopting him and giving him years of love. My heart just broke when I read that Nala was grooming Dulce .
    It made me cry. I'm sure Dulce and Badger are together now healthy.
    Please take care Larry
    He was a handsome boy
    Fly high sweet Dulce ♥:bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss of Dulce, Larry. Thank you for taking him and giving him years of your love and care. I'm sure he will be watching over you, until you meet again.

13. Mimi & Lily

Mimi & Lily New Member

:rb_icon:RIP Dulce:rb_icon:

14. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Im very sorry Larry I know he loved his time with you....until you meet again :rb_icon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.