Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Rory and Melissa, Sep 21, 2022.
What is your ability to monitor today? About the same as yesterday?
I can do a skinny 1U if you feel its for the best
he just threw up bile, though i think that's more cause he wants to eat and I haven't fed him yet
Can you monitor him today? Like yesterday? I don't think you need to go down as low as 1 unit necessarily. No more than 2 certainly. You could go up from yesterday's 1 unit to 1.5, perhaps, to see how he goes on that when starting with a yellow AMPS.
I can monitor him closer after 9am, they work me up at 4 and i have been up since...i wanted to catch a little nap but i can be on top of him if need be
Poor boy. I would go ahead and feed him now. No need to wait.
Ill do 1.5 and check him at his +2
But right now it is 6 am.- so you cannot test until 9 am (+3)? Is that right? That leaves too much room for him to drop in the first three hours. I don't know if I am understanding it correctly.
If you are going to be gone a lot later today then maybe you just should do a standard 1 unit for today. Remember, this is temporary and we can gather data on Rory to see how the 1 unit works. Otherwise, I don't think I would go beyond 1.5 units. He may go high, but as I said it would be temporary.
Remember we said he may go high yesterday... and look what he did... stayed nice and flat in green for quite a while.
Sounds good, Melissa. You are doing such a fantastic job of this with Rory! I can tell how much you love him. And you have another cat named Kobe?
I'll be checking in on his spreadsheet later. Post if you have any concerns. I hope you are feeling at least a little bit better?
I did one, just cause im not sure if ill sleep through his +2 right now...but I will try and get it
I do!! Rory is my baby who I rescued from a hoarding home...he saved me more than I saved him. Kobe was found a year ago when we moved to vegas...he's my little teenage rebellion who loves rory so much and rory tolerates him lol I would do anything for my boys!!
Love this! So glad you found Kobe, too!
Did you decide to go with 1 unit instead of 1.5 units? I see 1 on the spreadsheet. Was just checking to see if you got a +1 on him. Waiting until +1.5? I believe you said that you would get a +1.5 BG reading.
Sorry yes I went with 1U to be safe cause I was in and out of sleep, and especially with him throwing up this morning I just wanted to edge on the side of caution
Spreadsheet looks good for a day where you chose 1 unit. I think if you were up to your usual self then a little bit of a higher dose would have been good... but as we see, he did pretty well in blues on the 1 unit. That's why when I saw the 2.25 on the spreadsheet first thing in the morning I got a little panicky! I then found out that you hadn't shot the insulin and we had our discussion. It's all very good! You may want to try keeping him at 1 unit while you are ill and see how it goes, but do try to gather data (as you did today) because he's really got something going on (something good it looks like!) I hope everything went all right today with doctors, etc.
So we got his evening in at 253 I think going to 1.5U is safe for tonight, I'm feel a lot better still trying to get as much sleep as possible but I can be more on point if needed
Wondering if i Should raise U to 1.5 or 1.75U??
I just got home and saw this. I see you shot 1.5 units. You probably have enough wiggle room to do this. Let’s see how it goes.