Elmo PMPS was 192...

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Beth 73, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Wondering about this BG...kinda surprised me ...his +4 was 135....gave him a bit fatter 0.5 ...does amount eaten affect insulin needed?? He has eaten 1/4 more both times fed today...thoughts??

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It's possible that eating more might have had an effect but these numbers really aren't significantly different from what you've been getting.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

that number is in line with what you've been getting. 20-30 points here and there is not really a significant change. I like that 155 preshot this morning. :)

4. Beth 73

Janet...wasn't sure how to contact u.... had a question about Elmo throwing up food right before AM shot....needing ur expertise from vetsulin point of view

5. Kris & Teasel

Beth, you can tag Janet so she gets a notification that you're trying to reach her. You do it by typing @ and the beginning of her name. A drop down menu should come up and you click on her name. Someone on here had to tell me how to do that ...
    @JanetNJ

6. Beth 73

Thanks Kris....where do I type this ???

7. Kris & Teasel

Within the body of your post. I already did it up above. sometimes the tags don't work so you might have to try again.

8. Beth 73

Once again, thank u, thank u....have let him eat small bits at a time, waited and then gave 0.5 dose just now , which is one hour late....will monitor today...

Tuxedo Mom likes this.
  9. Beth 73

Really and truly don't know where I'd be if not for wonderful members like u on this board...just called my vet to see what they thot.... got better insight from u and Tuxedo Mom than them..:bighug:

Sootyca and Kris & Teasel like this.
  10. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Since the members on this board have dealt with every sort of problem that our sweet kitties throw at us, there is a vast amount of collective knowledge here. The best FD vets would be ones that have had their own kitties diagnosed with FD and learned the day to day ups and downs that can happen.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  11. JanetNJ

Sorry I didn't see this earlier... I see you gave.5 which was a good call. Offer more food if it drops lower than 70.

12. JanetNJ

Why did he get sick? Hairball? Eat too fast?

13. Beth 73

None of the above. When u have a minute please check other posts from today about his hypo yesterday. Not sure if there are any clues there. Very unlike him to puke but within minutes wanted to eat again. I slightly warmed his food cos I know cold food can make them pukey. If u have time tonight would love to hear ur vetsulin expertise about what to do if they throw up before insulin and if they throw up after being given insulin, as well as how to proceed with PM tonight and AM tomorrow doses. Thank u so much in advance .

14. Beth 73

Please check post titled" post hypo wisdom needed..." from yesterday to see how it went .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.