European food?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jewel and Kim, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jewel and Kim

Jewel and Kim New Member

Hi, I am looking for limited ingredient food for my recently diagnosed with diabetes 16-yr-old cat who might also have a food allergy. I saw a post where someone had good luck with a German food that was expensive and had details about the food but did not say what the food was or where it was obtained. I tried to find the post to send a private message but cannot find it now. Can anyone help? Thank you. : )

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

UK Cat Food List

If you scroll down to the bottom of this detailed list, you will find European foods.
    A lot of people in the UK and the EU order from zooplus

Tagging @Annhu for you. She lives in Germany and may have some suggestions.

3. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

One European food is Bozita made in Sweden.

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Are you in Europe?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  5. Jewel and Kim

Jewel and Kim New Member

No I am in the United States. Added a signature (I think)

6. Deb & Wink

Thanks Kim! I see more information in your posts now with your signature. Before, there was only your cat's name and your name.

7. ChUs

ChUs Member

Sorry I noticed the tagging so late. Not sure what brand it could be and cannot give recommendations (no experience w/ allergies), but if it's a food (suitable) for diabetic cats, maybe these guys will know: https://www.tierdiabetes-shop.de
    They say they are cat owners and "run this as a hobby", so maybe they'll reply. I can help to translate to German, if you PM a draft to me.

Ann & Scatcats likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Have you considered feeding raw food? There are plenty of novel protein options that are low carb. Other vendors that make novel low protein food available in the US include Koha, Natures Variety, Ziwipeak. There are probably others, just don't know them off the top of my head. You will have to check the ingredients list, many vendors have multiple proteins in a produce even if they call it rabbit, venison or lamb, etc. Check this food list for options. You want under 10%. Click on the blue link. Chicken, beef, and fish are common allergens.

9. Deb & Wink

Please remove the location information from your signature. I mistakenly asked you to add that information and that is incorrect. No location information of any type (no state, no country, no time zone) should be in your signature. My apologies for the extra work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.