Fa 9.03 amps 122/+2=110/+4=113/+6=112/+7=106/+10=99/pmps 112/+3=133/+6=67/+6.5=76

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by fafa's mum, Sep 3, 2020.

1. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

2. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

@Wendy&Neko @Bron and Sheba (GA)

Usually at +2 Fa’s BG would have come back up but today she’s staying sound 110 to 120 throughout the day.

Those are nice figures I guess but I dared not leave home to work at +2 worrying she will go too low.

What do these figures mean? Sometimes she can drop 180 but like today she did not drop much. I don’t know how to understand these number changes.

3. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

We got a 67 at +6 tonight. Will be a busy night testing I think.

Usually in the evening Fa won’t drop too much while sleeping, but I always feel better testing.

Tomorrow morning I think we can skip insulin? Tomorrow night I wonder if we should reduce to 5.25 units or 5 units.

@Wendy&Neko @Bron and Sheba (GA)

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The 5.75 unit dept could still be influencing the cycle a bit tonight. It takes around 4-6 cycles for the larger depot to diminish (longer for larger doses). In spite of that, I would reduce to 5.0 units next. Whether you skip tomorrow depends on her number at AMPS, and whether you can monitor. The skip will definitely help deplete the larger depot.

Good luck with the new dose.

How is Fa feeling/behaving lately? Notice any difference with her numbers coming down?

5. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Thanks Wendy.

Fa's amps today is 88. Also that I am not able to be at home to monitor, so we skipped insulin this morning.

We will do 5 units tonight then.

I noticed that when Fa was lower than 90, she would be a bit restless and chase me around for food. I would say she stays awake more if she is under 180. Like last night, I doubt if she slept at all.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

She is still getting used to those numbers. At least she can sleep today.

7. fafa's mum

fafa's mum Member

Oh I see. I thought it’s normal to be awake when BG is low. Cannot remember what it was like before her diagnosis ( how much she slept etc). :cat:

yes she can finally get some sleep today when no one is poking her ear every one or two hours. :p