Facebook comment

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Terri and Lucy, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Someone posted a comment on Facebook that this is a dead ISG. Is that the way you all see it? In the past, there was generally more than 1 person monitoring for anyone who needed help. Is anyone doing that now besides me? If not, then perhaps we need to consider a sticky explaining what this particular ISG can/cannot do. As you all know, my presence is not dependable at least for another month or so.

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope it's not dead. I usually check in daily and often post daily. If I see someone that needs help, I usually help them as much as I can and then refer them to Health if I can't answer all their questions. I think I will eventually switch from PZI to Lantus, but that's not happening anytime soon.

3. Black Bear & AcroMeg

Black Bear & AcroMeg New Member

Re: Is this a "dead group"?

Terri, obviously lots has changed with the PZI group and the revamped forum. I've never been one of the terrific people who not only posted regularly but kept such a nurturing focus on all the other members. You will probably never know how many precious feline lives you've saved or improved, including my Black Bear's, and how many frazzled beans you've kept sane.

We use up insulin so slowly (BB's absolutely settled at .5 BID) and my pharmacy (by mail) has sent no message of running out. But clearly others have switched and departed. However, I'm surprised how many newbies have shown up. Maybe they'll weigh in.

Health issues keep me off the grid often, but I'll try to check in more--now that I've finally learned the new system! (A little bit.)

Oh--this is Megan, of Megan and BB. The new "handle" is to ID me as the "human acrocat."

4. Bebe & Little Man

Bebe & Little Man New Member

I haven't been posting much on this new forum cause i have not had the time to set up everything - I can be
    computer challenged when pressed for time.

I disagree about what Facebook says. Who cares what is posted there? I think there are quite a few people that
    help folks here but mind you I have not been around to help much. don't worry with Facebook and the postings there.
    Some folks just like to stir things up.

5. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

to some degree i can see it being called dead, but so are a couple other of the isg's really. but to me "dead" means inactive, not very populated, that kind of thing.

figure with one pzi pretty much done for and prozinc not known yet, there's not many of us around anymore. to some degree i do feel bad for new people being put on prozinc because no one really knows anything about it yet and even if it is dosed and treated like the other pzi's, there's not but a very small handful of people around who even bother trying to help them. i just hope the lack of help for them doesn't drive them away from seeing what prozinc will do for them.

6. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Although I have a tendency to take things a little personally, I think that comment is untrue and a little offensive. Is there as much traffic as LL? No, of course not. Does that mean it's dead? No, not in my opinion. In the past few months, and certainly within the past few weeks, I don't think there has been one person who has posted here in PZI who hasn't received an answer pretty quickly, and almost always more than one. I think that we ALL do what we can, when we can, to help out everyone who finds their way here, newbie or not. I have directed people to post both here and in Health when it's later at night just because there are more eyes on Health.

With the exception of the last few days, I spend far too much time here, and I try to help everyone I can. I'm not a good dosing person like Terri is, and I know enough to realize that. So if Terri isn't around, yes, maybe some specific dosing questions go with a little less info than they would if she were here (at least on my end). However, I feel very strongly that we are a good group of people helping who we can. If that means we're a "dead" ISG, so be it, I guess.

What's up with the FDMB sniping on FB, anyway? That's the second thing I have heard in less than a week regarding groups of people making ugly comments about this board on FB.

ETA: When I say I take things personally, in this case I don't mean that as in I think the FB comment had anything to do with me. I just mean it "personally" as in on behalf of everything that we all try to do here in PZI land.

7. tajana340

tajana340 Member

I hope its not dead. Without the help of this site, I don't know what I would have done. I have learned so much from this site. Also i think it is a good idea to be around since all of the inventory has to be depleted, so who knows how many newbies are out there or will be in the picture in a couple of months. They will need support. Also that will give time for the other to work out the kinks. Don't burn bridges quite yet. Kind of like hair products you find something you like and they discontinue it. Don't end the support quite yet.

David

8. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Re: Is this a "dead group"?

Hi Megan--I was following your posts over on the high dose group until my own health fell apart. It's really good to see you here! :YMHUG:

9. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

Where was that comment, Terri? I went to look for it to see in what context it was said, I can't find a reference to the PZI ISG.

10. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

"dead" is awful uncreative.

They're just sore 'cuz we can have a logo too.. LOL.

Is FB the new FDMB? I'm a computer geek and I'm not even on FB. Unless one is an advertiser FB is like so "whatevs" anyway.

I do try to check and see what's going on in here. One the other hand I've strayed in the past. I don't know. One way or another I think there are enough people in here that questions get answered fairly quickly.

Yea, we can add something to the current sticky [or create a new one] that explains that if they don't get answers immediately or within the time frame they expect that they should post elsewhere. Also if we get the mods going here in PZI land, any PMs to those mods would hit their email and they would know to come check things out as pronto as possible.

11. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Yet another reason to avoid Facebook! :) Personally, I think people are jealous of our cool Friday Five, and all the nice community we have had these past few months. :lol:

I find it a bit offensive too. I mean, you don't have to like me or the others here, but to be so rude as to suggest our existence doesn't even warrant recognition? I too have been oversensitive lately, and given that the comment is out of context, etc., I probably shouldn't waste my time getting heated over it.

I check here and post daily. I'll delete the rest of the defensiveness and ranting I had typed up, and leave it at that.

I love PZI Land, but it seems a little tense today so it's time to go take a walk. We are having a nice sunny break in an ongoing pattern of rain-storm after rain-storm, so I think that's my cue!

Hope everyone has a nice day!!!

12. Sarah and Buzz

I just got back from an extra-long walk with Cassie and it really did help my state of mind. Even though it's grey and cold, just being outside was nice. Take advantage of the sunshine while you can. :)

13. Gator & H (GA)

If the [perhaps implicit] tactic is to make PZI Land as uncomfortable as possible for people so folks want to avoid it - that's really messed up.

Speaking of adding things to the sticky, I might work on it a little to make it more inviting. Emphasize that PZI Land is a welcoming place/refuge/community for/of PZI users. Anyone's input is welcome. My inner wordsmith is a little worn today.

14. Black Bear & AcroMeg

Black Bear & AcroMeg New Member

My inner wordsmith is on strike until I get a few hours sleep. But it's really clear to me that PZI is not a "dead" group. I just realized it's been almost 2 years (gulp) since Black Bear was dx'd, and this forum has taught me so much about dosages, etc. My vet is amazed at where we've gotten. So I'm saying another prayer of thanks to Terri and the other PZI Legends who've held it together.

I'm changing my routine: rather than going to Health first, where I can get permanently digressed, I'm coming here.

15. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Megan.....

And you will always be welcome!

16. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

You guys circle the wagons - and don't let the b*st*rds get you down!

Remember that FB is the place where folks can say whatever they want - nasty or otherwise - and get away with it. Who cares what is posted over there when it is negative crap like this?

As a Lev ISG person, I can totally "feel your pain" and see the offense in comments like that. I am sure that the Lev ISG is also on life support according to those people.

Just as there is more than one type of flower, butterfly, tree and gemstone to make life full and beautiful, we need ALL the people here and we ALL need to make them welcome and to feel that this is their home.

Sigh.. I miss the good old days on FDMB.

17. Sarah and Buzz

Hear, hear, Sheila! Well said. Thank you. :)

I was in your fair city this weekend (well, the suburbs anyway). I waved to you! ;)

18. Gator & H (GA)

PZI is "dead" because of the lack of problems... :mrgreen: [knock on wood]

19. Sarah and Buzz

Good point, Gator. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.