? Feb 19 Chase PMPS 190, +1 175, +2 149, +3 147, +9 196

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sandi & Chase in AZ, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Sandi & Chase in AZ Well-Known Member

Good Morning,

My Chase gave me quite a scare, yesterday, but seemed to weather the storm just fine (better than I did). o_O
    I just did his pre-shot test and his number is 152. Someone said I should only stall if his number was than 150. I just fed him a little less than a quarter cup of his wet food. I didn't see the "stall" comment this morning until after I had put his food down.

I'm hoping that someone is around to look at his SS and be at the ready to guide me, should I need help. I'm trying the SLGS method. I learned some things yesterday, about what to do, but I also saw what I mess I became when I got scared and it seemed like anything I had read just evaded my brain. I have been on this forum for just over 2 weeks and Chase was diagnosed 1 month ago. There isn't much info on his SS, but we're working on that. I'm getting him ready for his 0.5 unit of Lantus. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I know I just have to see how he does. Thank you.

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hang on. back in a minute checking ss

3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sandi--

Are you going to be around and able to monitor all day today if necessary?

Sandi & Chase in AZ likes this.
  4. Gill & George

It looks like at amps he is flat, or rising (he may have gone lower last night)

If you are able to monitor him for at least the first half of the cycle I would go ahead and shoot now.

5. Gill & George

Chances are that his numbers will start heading up very shortly, if you shoot, you have a couple of hours (usually) before you start to see the effects of the dose, by that time, Chase's numbers will be higher, just in time for lantus to grab hold of them and pull them down, giving you a nice flat cycle which Lantus is famous for.

If you shoot, please get a +1 and a +2 then we will take it from there.

I can hang with you if you decide to shoot.
    Please keep me updated and I will help guide you.
    Another thing you can do to get other eyes on your condo is to use the following format

19/2 Chase amps 152 shooting low.
    then when you get that +1 you would write
    19/2 chase amps 152 +1 XX +2 XX +3 XX and so on as you go on, that way at a glance everyone can see how he's doing and we'll know to pop in if we see anything out of the ordinary.

6. Nan & Amber (GA)

One addition: it's also helpful if you note in the subject line that you are using a pet meter, something like "chase (AT) amps 152 +1 XX" etc. just because the "quick action needed" cutoffs are different.

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Hi Sandi,
    You have great advisors here. I'm glad that you're feeling a bit calmer today. Have a look at the way people write their thread titles when they're reporting BG test results and not asking for help. This is the way readers get a capsule view of how Chase is doing before they answer your post. You can revert to a question mark title any time you have another urgent question.

Give it a week and you'll feel like an old hand at all of this. :)

8. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Thank you. Computer shut down. I just got back on.

9. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Yes... I need to read my notes thoroughly today. I understand the subject line you suggested. But what does 19/2 mean?

10. Gill & George

Actually with SLGS the cutoff is the same, 90. There are no AT numbers for SLGS as such.
    It's only with TR that we have a different cut off of 68 for AT instead of 50.
    But good point, it sometimes helps to highlight it if things get fraught, I'm glad it's clear on Chase's sig block and ss though:)

11. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Thank you, Kris. Many of you SAVED us, yesterday! I still need to learn how to word my subject line. Practice, practice, practice. :)

12. Gill & George

sorry european here:oops: I mean 2/19 (it's the date)

13. Gill & George

Did you shoot Sandi?

14. Kris & Teasel

I write my date as (for today) 19 Feb because my poor brain gets confused by all the numbers in the thread titles.

15. Nan & Amber (GA)

I'm not talking about dose reduction under the two protocols, I had the "needs some HC food now" cutoff, which I thought was the 68 (AT) vs. 50 (hum) distinction. For example, yesterday Chase went to 76 at +2 and 65 at +2.25, which might not have been too alarming to those using a human meter, but was a definite signal to get hopping on an AT.

16. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Yes... I will. Should I do a curve again, like yesterday, or should I just monitor according to his numbers, since his ears are so badly bruised? :(

17. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Gotcha. That 19/2 really threw me off. LOL

Gill & George likes this.
  18. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hi Sandy hang in there there's great people to help you here just keep posting so you keep everyone in the loop of what's going on and do edit your title, you can do it any time

19. Gill & George

Absolutely, good point.:)
    I thought that's what you were talking about, just wanted to clarify it for Sandi's sake and any lurkers.:)

20. Sandi & Chase in AZ

What is "con
    Hi Veronica. How do I edit my Title? Do you mean edit my Subject Line of this thread?

21. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Oh I so understand! Besides where I live we usually write the date day first month second so I get messed up a lot :confused:

22. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Yes... I did. Need to test at +1... right?

23. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I will look at other posts. I have been so wrapped up in Chase, and the fact that I have a very touchy loaner latptop while mine is being fixed, that I was only staying on my thread yesterday.

Can I edit my Subject? I looked but don't see how I can do that.

24. Veronica & Babu-chiri

You get to the beginning of the thread just over your title and you will find two options one says" thread tools " and the other "unwatch thread" just click on the thread tools and it would open the option of edit title for editing

25. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Thank you.

26. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Sorry I'm on my cellphone and I think I skipped a step the option says thread tools and then it opens the edit title

27. Gill & George

Sandi I see you shot on the ss, now remember to get that +1.

28. Sandi & Chase in AZ

What does "condo" mean? Also, it seems like you have all suggested that I write a very long Subject Line. I thought the characters were limited???

29. Sandi & Chase in AZ

+ 1 is 70. why so low, again? how soon should I test again?

30. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I don't see thread tools. How do I change the Subject? Now I'm nervous because of his low number. I did what was said. I am looking at the subject line but don't see anything that says thread tools so that I can edit the Subject, as was suggested. :(

31. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I did. I recorded it. Now I don't see anyone here. :( It's 70 at +1. trying to change my thread title. Can someone please walk me though it?

32. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I'll do it. Let me get on the computer. Busy morning here. This is something I can help with :bighug:

33. Gill & George

Hi Sandi,
    Can you give Chase some higher carb food now.
    A teaspoon or two of gravy.

Or the usual low carb with some honey added. (teaspoon of food with 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
    Then test in 20min.

34. Gill & George

You there Sandi? did you give some HC?

35. Nan & Amber (GA)

Ducked away for a bit, but I'm back. Follow Gill's advice-- a bit of gravy or low-carb with honey are what is needed. As usual, limit the amounts so you can be sure he'll eat later. You got this!

36. LizzieInTexas

@Sandi & Chase in AZ

See if this helps. Once you have the box you just delete or add/change the info you want.

edit thread title.JPG
    Let me know if you need more help.

37. Nan & Amber (GA)

Guessing the finicky loaner laptop is acting up, but she'll be back soon to check in I hope.

38. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I have been here, but everyone else left right before I posted his +1 number. Seems to be my luck. :(

He's eating gravy, now.

Gill & George likes this.
  39. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I finally found it. Thank you, Lizzie. I had been looking above the actual Title, not on right side at the top.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  40. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I thought Gil was going to hang out with me. Sorry... I freaked when he wasn't here. And no one seemed to be here.

41. Nan & Amber (GA)

Don't worry-- it's a busy morning on the boards for sure (and in my case, a full sink of dirty dishes to attend to, eek!), but there are several of us keeping a watchful eye on you and Chase. You aren't alone!

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  42. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Yes

43. Gill & George

I was here, I was just helping someone else too, sorry, I know a few minutes can feel like an eternity.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

44. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Yes it can. Especially after yesterday. I will just have to know what to do, myself. People get busy and I know I'm not the only one here. His numbers never used to go this low (at least... not that I know of). And after what happened yesterday, I was trying to get ahead of the game and post so that someone could hopefully be here when I tested.

45. Gill & George

Next test at +1.5 at the latest.

If when he you get the next test he has dropped below 68 give him some more gravy, but add some honey to it too, a couple of drops.

If he is the same, then a couple of teaspoons of more gravy.
    If he has come up to over 80 then with hold food.

(Just in case you don't get an immediate response thought I'd give you a plan of attack up front)

46. Gill & George

That +1.5 must be about due now?
    How you doing?

47. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Sandi

Just to get this out there....I would drop the dose to 0.25u tonight. He's earned the reduction and I don't think this is depot.

48. Gill & George

Nice he's come up.
    I think you could wait now till +2.25 and check his BG again.
    As I said earlier you could with hold food for now. Or give a teaspoon of lower carb if he's usually a good eater, just to help him surf along in this early part of the cycle.

The reason for a test in another 30min is that the carbs in the gravy can wear off and you can find the BG dipping again, combine that with it still being early in the cycle, and that we don't really know Chase's patterns yet, I would just play it safe and get a check in another 30 min.

49. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I am doing the best I can by myself. His +1 was 70. His +1.75 is 80. I couldn't get him to bleed so I couldn't test as quickly.

I don't understand. The lancet went completely through his ear and actually started to bleed on the outside of the ear, rather than the inside where I am lancing it. I am warming his ears. They are both so bruised. I am emotionally exhausted.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  50. Nan & Amber (GA)

51. Gill & George

sorry, didn't mean to pressure you, the +1.45 was ok. I know how exhausting this is.

To help with the bruising, are you applying firm gentle pressure (count to 20 slowly), preferably with a cold/wet cotton pad after you have taken the test? That can really help with the bruising, it's what I did, though our Us members use neosporin with pain relief.

52. Marje and Gracie

I would definitely give him some LC or MC food because it is early and he hasn't onset yet.

53. Kris & Teasel

I don't know the origin but daily threads that are updated as BG tests are done are called "condos". Maybe think of it as where your day's data is "living" on the L&L forum?

54. Islandmomma

Islandmomma Member

How are you warming his ear? Are his ears cold before you try as test?

Also are you using a spring loaded lancet device or just a lancet needle by itself?

55. LizzieInTexas

:bighug:

It is ok to move a little farther into the ear. Especially when stressed and tired. Give the "usual" pokey place a break.

Do you put neospriom on his ears? I use the one with pain relief added and use the generic. I slather them up pretty good when Gizmo is getting a pokey break (nighttime, running high or before I leave for work). Thier ears heal pretty quickly.

56. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Sandi, you are doing great, deep breath and you have help here.:bighug: You can slow him down by giving some LC or MC food since this is early in the cycle.

57. Nan & Amber (GA)

I don't know the origins either, but I think of it as a portmanteau between "convo" as in short for "conversation" and "cat condo" as in large piece of furniture that many of us probably have in our living rooms because they really tie the room together.

As the day goes on, people often remove early entries from the subject line and just keep the most current numbers up there, in order to get around the limits.

58. Gill & George

Yes there are limited characters, sometimes you need to be inventive, but as you update numbers, when you run out of space, you can delete earlier ones leaving the more relevant numbers in the subject line.

Condo is the daily thread, here's a link to a slang dictionary with lots of abbreviations/slang we use and an explanation of where they originated from.

59. Kris & Teasel

I have no fewer than three of these in my well-appointed living room - well, the cats thinks it's well-appointed anyway! :confused:;) Can I add that I also have strips of black duct tape (because the TV stand is black!) anchoring the base legs of my TV so it doesn't get toppled when cats going flying around in a fit of energy? There was no problem when I had my huge old big box TV - it was a cat vantage point for surveying the room. The new TV is so much lighter.

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
  60. Sandi & Chase in AZ

For the first time, yesterday, someone recommended that I put that on his ears. so yes... I am. But he is just not bleeding well. I think that in the whole time I've been testing him, he's only bled good twice. I use a spring loaded device. I don't know how to lance free handed. I just know that I'm done testing him, today. I'm so done with it, right now.

I have moved around EVERYWHERE on his ears.

61. Kris & Teasel

To free hand you can either hold the little lancet itself or you can put it into the trigger device to have something bigger to hold. The advantage to free handing is that you can see exactly were you're placing the needle and, with practice, know how much pressure to use and how fast to poke. You'll develop your own technique.

62. Islandmomma

Islandmomma Member

How deep is the lancet set to poke? You can adjust to usually 3 different depths.

I had a hard time with one of my spring loaded devices. I really had to make sure I was in the right spot to make sure I was getting a good poke.

I watched countless YouTube videos on testing! Maybe start there? I will see if I can find a couple for you.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  63. Gill & George

It is not safe for you to stop testing him now!!
    When I said it was ok to shoot, i did say that you would need to at least be able to monitor him for the firs half of the cycle.

You really need to be thinking of getting a test now. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but really for the sake of Chase's safety you really must.

As Marje said earlier it's early in the cycle the insulin is still building in his body and the numbers may drop.

Gill

64. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Thank you for the encouragement, but no... I'm NOT doing great. Everyone uses ALL the slang, I'm trying to test from ears that WON'T bleed, and I'm hurting him just to get blood from him. and spoon feed, and follow the thread, and get people's attention, and deal with a migraine again today. I'm out of emotional juice. I can't test anymore. Will do it this evening before I give Lantus... IF I give it. I'm usuing a loaner laptop that is touchy. I can barely see the screen. I need glasses and was going to get them and then all of this happened with Chase. $700 later and I can't afford glasses, now.

65. Bobbie And Bubba

Yes, please keep testing. You can't stop yet until he has hit the lowest part of his cycle which is around +5 or 6 for the typical cat.

66. Sandi & Chase in AZ

1st it was set to 4. Now I have it at 3 because I thought maybe that would make a difference.

67. Sandi & Chase in AZ

So what happens tomorrow, when I can't be here to test? I tested him ALL day, yesterday. I have to do that again, today? And yeah... so then what happens tomorrow?

68. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I'm sorry things are so stressful right now and I get it. I used a size 25 needle, terumo ones that are very sharp It worked better for me than lancets and I only needed to poke once each time. You can cut expenses dramatically by using a human meter, either Relion Micro or Confirm.

You need to either continue testing until your cat is safe or feed lots of hc and honey which I would not do. Without testing your kitty could go hypo. Then you will need the ER. YOU CAN DO THIS. :bighug:

69. Nan & Amber (GA)

Question for the more experienced folks: when can Sandi reduce the frequency of testing, to give Chase's ears a break?

Question for Sandi: do you think there's any chance Chase would let you poke his paw pad instead of an ear? For the minority of cats where that's even a possibility, caregivers seem to report much less trouble getting blood. You do have to use the larger lancets (26 or 28 gauge).

70. Islandmomma

Islandmomma Member

I hear your frustration :(

I hit that place more than once with Glen. It felt like no one really understood what I was going through. I can assure you they do. This is just so hard at first.

I work full time too so I understand the struggle! I have spend close to $4K on my cats in the last 2 months so I get that part as well! No more trip to Spain for us!

I would try using just the needle for a poke. It might be what you need to do at the point. Do you have a civvie you could practice on?! That's what I did! I learned really good technique that way. I also learned that it was me stressing out which caused me not to get a sample. When I wasn't under pressure to get blood from Glen I got blood no problem from the other 2! I also learned that it doesn't bother them! I would go to one when he was sleeping and he wouldn't even wake up LOL
    I'm not saying this is the case with you but wanted to give you my experience.

ETA: you could always remove the cover from the lancing device so it's just the needle sticking out. You can line the needle up on the ear and push the button. That way you have a clear visual and aren't having to push the needle in yourself

71. Gill & George

I know it all seems very overwhelming and it's difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    With the numbers you have been getting on a very small amount of insulin, it is quite hopeful that Chase could end up going into remission sooner rather than later.
    My George is in remission, I had almost 6months of sleepless nights and dashing back home to test and feed him to keep him safe, the anxiety I felt when I had to leave him, and the relief when I got back home to find he was still alive and kicking at times was more than I thought I could bear, believe me we have all been through it. I would have killed to have the nice green numbers you are getting after a short month on insulin, it was 8 weeks before we saw blue and George was wasting away looking disheveled and miserable and we got up to 3.5u before we started to see any movement. But I would do it all again in an instant, because after 6months he went into remission and he is healthy and well, and my husband (DH) and I have our lives back.

I tell you this just to try to give you some perspective, Chase is doing very well, he's looking good and some short term pain will be worth the long term gain, don't you think??

I'm not intending to be harsh, just frank and honest, and with that in mind I really do think that you need to try and find a way to test him again now. I know a member is trying to get to you to help teach you how to test, so that becomes easier for you.

If you absolutely cannot test, given that he is low it's early in the cycle and you are refusing/not able to test I think that the safest thing for you to do for Chase would be to abort the cycle, Give him a good meal of high carb food, better that he runs too high this cycle than he drops too low.

72. Marje and Gracie

Sandi

You must test him. I'm sorry but that's the bottom line. You do not want him to end up in the ER with a hypo, believe me. I will come by today and show you how to freehand test and get away from the lancing device.

Take a deep breath. You can do this....everyone has the hard days early on and we get through it with each other. You can do it!

73. Sandi & Chase in AZ

No on the feet. he won't even let me get close.

I will try to test him free hand. I saw part of the video posted above, but my connection is very bad so I could mostly only hear it.

74. Islandmomma

Islandmomma Member

I did all of this with Glen for a very short time before he was OTJ. I seriously wanted to quit. I just wanted him to be better and for him to be happy and healthy the way he was. You really can do it!

75. Bobbie And Bubba

that's the spirit! What helped me was to put the lancet in the holder but take the cap off so I can see where I am aiming. And try poking at a 45 degree angle rather that straight down. If I do the 45 degree angle, I get a blood sample but, do not when I go straight down. Hope that helps.

76. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I am about to test again. Will post his number soon. :)

77. Gill & George

we are rooting for you .

78. Sandi & Chase in AZ

106 @ +3.25

Nan & Amber (GA) and Islandmomma like this.
  79. Gill & George

Great Job Sandi!!!
    Nice to see him over 100.

Important question now.

How long since you last gave him gravy?

80. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Thank you SO, SO much. This changed EVERYTHING! The vet had shown me to lance the inside of the ear. They even charged me $30 for a demonstration. :( I just tested free hand and lanced on the outside of the ear. He bled immediately. No problem. wow.... just WOW... thank you. :)

81. Islandmomma

Islandmomma Member

Omg this is the best thing ever! So glad it is working for you! When I went to the vet I watched the tech do the inside of the ear and my cat did not like it! When you go for the sweet spot they really don't feel it! Awesome!

Just being able to test confidently is going to make all the difference!

Oh! And as you test more and more his little ear will develop more capillaries with every poke. So getting blood actually does get easier. I thought that was a load of bull but it makes sense and it happened for my Glen!

82. Gill & George

Sandi, How long since you last gave gravy??

Just trying to determine what the next course of action is and need to know when Chase was last given high carb.

83. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I wasn't refusing. I was emotional and the more I tested the less he bled. Now that someone posted videos of how to test right, it worked fine. Thank you. I don't want to be compared to people who have had it worse. This was MY worse. I'm grateful that everyone here has been so supportive and takes the time that they do to help everyone. Is there a forum where I can just go vent when I'm feeling so overwhelmed? I could tell you ALL of my extenuating circumstances and why I haven't been able to do this better, but that would be a moot point, now. I have always done everything I could for Chase. He's had 2 brushes with death, before this diabetes even started. And I have taken care of him on my own... financially, physically, emotionally. Thank you, again.

84. Sandi & Chase in AZ

He ate the gravy just over 2 hours ago.

85. Sandi & Chase in AZ

a little over 2 hours ago

86. Islandmomma

Islandmomma Member

You can vent wherever! I would suggest if you are looking for dosing advice post in the lantus forum. For anything else maybe post in the health forum.

Hit my worse sitting up with my Glen at 3:00m while he snoozed peacefully knowing that I had to be up at 6 for a 12 hour shift on my feet. Hopefully as you gain confidence it will get better. I actually wrote out what I would do if his numbers reached a certain point. Ie if AMPS is less than x, shoot x. If AMPS x post for advice, etc.
    It doesn't work when there are competing variables but it helped me feel like I had a plan!

87. Gill & George

Sandi, we all have our issues, I wasn't comparing, just wanting you to look up and see the bigger picture.
    It's early days and you are doing a good job, I could 'see' you were emotional, but for Chase's sake I just wanted you to get that extra test in, if I came across as harsh it's only because I care, and try my best to help. I'm sorry if I offended you.

I'm so glad the video that Tammy posted has made all the difference.

That's great, that tells us that his numbers are not being influenced now by the gravy. So you'll be glad to know the excitement is over.
    Give yourself and Chase a little break now, perhaps get a test somewhere between +5 and +6.
    You could give him a little low carb snack now, a teaspoon or two of his regular low carb food, it can help them surf (keep the numbers flat and steady)

Feel free to vent here, that's what we are also here for.

Islandmomma likes this.
  88. Gill & George

I'll check in on you around your +5/+6, it will be just before my bed. Hope he stays nice and flat for you.
    Just wanted to remind you as well that he earned a dose reduction, as Marje pointed out, just in case you missed that in the commotion.
    So tonight he will be at 0.25u.:D:D:D congratulations on that reducie.

89. LizzieInTexas

Good job Sandi! Catch a quick nap if you can. :bighug:

ETA - be sure to sent an alarm if you do!:D

90. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to sound ungrateful. I would do ANYTHING for Chase... ANYTHING! I didn't see how continuing to poke him without getting enough blood to test was going to help anything. Thank GOD Tammy posted those videos when she did.

Chase is sleeping, now. Poor guys is so worn out. I haven't even been able to get a shower, since yesterday. I have a member coming over soon to check on us. :) And then my IT guy is bringing my laptop back over at around 3:00. My place is a mess. It's a very small one bedroom apartment so it's hard to keep straightened up. My head is throbbing but no time to stop, now. I have to shower, straighten up, and then be ready to test again in a little over an hour. Phew. Still have to go to the laundry mat. And then back to work tomorrow. No rest for the wicked, I suppose. LOL. I will post again after his next test.

Thank you to EVERYONE, here. :)

Islandmomma and Gill & George like this.
  91. Kris & Teasel

We understand the roller coaster mood/emotions, Sandi. I think your boy is telling you that 0.5 u might be too much. Here's something you can do to help make small fraction dosing easier: take two syringes and mix up a little water and food colouring. Draw up your 0.5 u dose in coloured water. If you've been eyeballing these, eyeball this too. Now, in the second syringe, draw up half that amount of coloured water to represent a dose of 0.25 u. Keep these two syringes somewhere safe and use them as visual guides for dosing. The 0.25 u syringe is the one you might have to refer to soon. It's easier to draw up this amount of colourless insulin if you have a coloured reference guide to compare.

92. Sandi & Chase in AZ

+ 5.75 and Chase's BG is 182

I wish it would have stayed lower, but I'll take it. :)

93. Bobbie And Bubba

Here's the bounce which is expected and it gives you and Chase a breather. So glad that video helped you! No apologies if you need to vent; we've all been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. ;)

94. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

We so do understand ! I cried the first few weeks when I started reading about diabetes. I was determined never to test at home. My friends that had diabetics never did and nothing happened. I was going to my vet two to three times a week around when nadir was supposed to be. Then we got a 60. Insulin was stopped. Big mistake. Max never went OTJ in almost three years but he did become tightly controlled once I started home testing.

I'm so glad freehand worked for you. I never did it any other way and found the needles the easiest. The paws would never have worked for Max. BTW, are you using lancets for alternative sites? They are larger and readily available.

Congrats on successful testing. :bighug:

Oh, and are you using Neosporin with pain relief and giving a treat each time you test?

95. Gill & George

:cool:
    Blue is still good, and as Bobbie says not unexpected.
    The bounce she refers to is not uncommon when kitty first starts to see lower numbers that his body isn't used to, he perceives these numbers as 'dangerous' and this triggers a set of reactions that ultimately results in the liver dumping some glucose into the blood stream causing numbers to go up, they can remain high for up to 6 cycles, but they don't always last the full 6 cycles.

I think you have both earned a break now till pmps.
    I'll be in my bed by then, but good luck with that.
    You're doing great.

96. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I only have lancets but am not using the device's trigger. What else will I used to poke his ear? I am using Neosporin with pain relief. No treats yet. I don't have any that are low carb.

97. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Thank you so much, Gil. :) No break for me. I have my IT guy returning my laptop in about 30 minutes. I just had about 2.5 hrs of training. My brain is complete mush. LOL. Chase is safe. That's the most important thing. :bighug:

98. Marje and Gracie

How is his BG now at +10, Sandi? The SS at +10 is in a weird salmon color.

99. Sandi & Chase in AZ

I haven't checked it yet. I put the salmon color to remind me, but I put it in the wrong block. My IT guy just left. I was planning to do it at +11 because I was going to give him .25 insulin at 6:30, 30 minutes earlier than the 12 hour mark, so that I can try to get back on track for the old schedule.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  100. Sandi & Chase in AZ

Chase's BG is 190 at +11.25. Am about to shoot recommended reduced dose of .25. And then feed him. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.