Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelly and Spaceman

Shelly and Spaceman Member

Hi all,
    I think Feeburt may be considered high dose now. we are up to 9U bid and he is 17.5 lbs. He was diagnosed with pancreatitis last week and has also had the blood sent to MSU to test for Acro. Not sure when the results will be back. I haven't had a lot of time to talk to the vet. Anyone know what I need to do to help the pancreatitis? And if he does come back positive for Acro (and I have a feeling he will) what is the process for getting him in to the test study at CSU? Also, what is the rate of recovery after getting the radiosurgery of cats on this board? This is awful but I am actually hoping for a positive acro result. I have just never understood why Feeburt developed diabetes. This is my second diabetic so he has eaten a low carb diet almost all his life. I did start letting them have some evo and wellness core after cosmo passed and I hate thinking that I gave him diabetes with that diet change.
    HE feels good...and is such a trooper when it comes to his tests. he was always my meter accuracy checker when Cosmo was around. I could always count on him to give me a normal reading. So when I started poking him daily, he didn't even flinch. He's such a good boy! I need to remember how to get his photo on here.

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I would LOVE to see his photo.

Your tests should be back on Friday.

Here is a post on pancreatitis: http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/read.php?8,876722 You might also try using the search feature on the board to see what else pops up. Pancreatitis is VERY painful, so you'll want some "bup" to help with the pain.

Scroll down the high dose area to topic SRS Results Cats 1-11 to see how treated cats are doing. If he is positive, I'll get you the e-mail address to Dr. Lunn @ CSU and you and/or your vet will contact her.

3. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Shelly,
    MSU sets up the Acro test on Wednesdays only, and the IAA tests on Thursday. The results for both are suppose to be known/published late friday afternoon. Your vet will probably hear the following week. I was able to call Friday about 4:30 and they read me the number result for the Acro but didn't have the IAA result. IAA I heard the next week when I talked to the vet.

If it comes back over 100, ask Heather or me for a link to a recent article you might be interested in, (in addition to the ones in the stickies on HD).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.