Felix dosing thread 2

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Bradshaw & Felix, Aug 1, 2020 at 8:26 PM.

1. Bradshaw & Felix

Bradshaw & Felix Member

2. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Hi Felix!!!!

Bradshaw & Felix likes this.
  3. Bradshaw & Felix

Bradshaw & Felix Member

@Deb & Wink felix’ numbers seem to continue to rise. Should we increase the dose?

4. Deb & Wink

Don't go too fast with the dose increases.
    Are you using the MPM or the SLGS Prozinc dosing protocol?
    Neither your user id signature or the SS indicate which method you are using.

5. Bradshaw & Felix

Bradshaw & Felix Member

@Deb & Wink I think it’s called SLGS because y’all are generally suggesting an increase very slowly every 3 days. I should have asked for clarification when we started. :bookworm:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  6. Deb & Wink

So SLGS (Start Low, Go Slow) looks for you to hold the dose for a week, do a curve, and then reevaluate the dose based on that curve, and the BG numbers you have gotten during the week.

It's certainly ok to increase the dose faster than once a week.
    You don't want to increase too fast, and bypass a good dose for your cat.
    But I don't think you have done that.
    Felix's BG numbers are still high enough to warrant dose increases.

Plus, anytime your cat drops under 90 when you are using the SLGS protocol (dosing method), that is an automatic earned reduction in dose of 0.25U.

p.s. I tend to be more aggressive, and recommend dose increases sooner than the dosing methods would indicate, based on the higher mid-cycle numbers you are getting. Plenty of room to increase the dose, before you see greens at mid-cycle.

7. Bradshaw & Felix

Bradshaw & Felix Member

@Deb & Wink felix was 397 pmps last night and all of a sudden 75 amps just now :nailbiting: This seems soooo off. He’s currently getting 1.5 units and my husband is really really afraid to give any insulin.
    Edit to add, we’ve had a hypo episode before and ended up at the after hours ER ($1000+ later...). We will be leaving for work in a little over an hour. @Panic @Diane Tyler's Mom
    @jt and trouble (GA)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020 at 4:49 AM
    Reason for edit: Tags