First human meter test

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lisa and little, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

so my Diathrive kit arrived today. I’m such a creature of habit I nearly had a panic attack just setting it up. While it will take some getting used to as the strips are “weird” to me and the angle to get the blood drop is hardly ergonomic, first comparison test was pretty good it read 322 to the AT2 at 356. I don’t know why I have butterflies in my stomach I guess I really hate change that much!! Anyway. I will be running comparison tests for a few days till i don’t feel like I want to throw up. I know. I’m pathetic. What can I say? If all goes well this could be a good economical choice when all the relion stuff officially goes “poof” Will keep you posted !

Rachel and Djamila like this.
  2. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

You'll get used to it before you know it :)

That difference is ...scaring me but I'm going to move on to the other scary thing...

"poof"?

3. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

That difference is not scary at all when you co sister the meter variations in general. I’ve had bigger discrepancies with the same meter (AT2 ) on a simple re test. As for my “poof” comment I’ve done some research which leads me to believe the relion micro and some of the other relion products may be discontinued .... I’m sure they will still make strips but I figured why start with a product that may have supplies that get harder to source.

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
  4. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

Oh wow, that stinks. I hope the brand itself sticks around.

My store only had the Premier meters ... but my store is ALWAYS out of stock on everything so I just thought it was typical. A store in another town had others in stock but the price difference wasn't worth the gas/time/energy to go out there anyway and the strips were the same price so I just went with it. I hope they stay the same.

5. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

I am the same way and was having anxiety today about thinking of getting a new meter and strips. I use AT also and would not consider anything else if not for the cost. I have Insulinx strips also, but even those are more than some of the other human ones. Then I worry about getting the Insulinx to the right code, etc. I was looking at other meters and then I was thinking the same thing you have to hold in a different position. Nice to know it’s not just me being my usual neurotic self.

6. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's time for a mama-treat. ;) Chocolate? Wine? Chocolate and wine....? :p Honestly that's about as close as I've ever heard of an AT2 and a human meter being. Maybe the universe was just trying to help you ease in...o_O Just don't be alarmed if they aren't always that close. Remember the only information you really need is too high/too low/just right. So if they both read "too high", then they are close enough.

And good job taking the plunge! You're not pathetic at all -- this whole thing is stressful as it is! :bighug:

7. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

It's HARD changing things...we worry about it keeping our babies safe no matter what. I agree with Djamila...time for a mama-treat!