First hypo, really scared

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Whitney and Jonas, Jul 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Hey everyone I’m on my phone and I am in a bad state so I’m sorry for any nonsense, I checked Jonas at +5.5 and he was 48. I immediately gave him gravy lovers and he ate a good amount as well as some HC treats. He was 53 at the next check 20 minutes later. I will be doing his next 20 minute check soon but I wanted to post here. I feel like it’s my fault. He’s had great numbers the last 2 days and he did well on 3.5U yesterday (i was scared to give him more because I’m back at work and things have been really crazy) but now it dropped him. He’s never been this low that I’ve known about and I’m scared out of my mind, he seems tired and was a little weak but otherwise no bad symptoms. Thank you all for any help and I’ll keep you updated, about to do his next test now

2. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

56, I really wish he was going up faster, I’m a mess

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Dont blame yourself. It happens. At Least now you KNOW. Keep feeding him yummies till his numbers rise. Once out of the danger zone you can give LC

4. jt and trouble (GA)

Its going to be ok. You are doing all the right things.

5. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

He ate a bit more gravy lovers and some more HC treats (party mix) just now, I feel like I’m absolutely going to come apart

6. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Thank you so much sweetheart <3 I’ve been so proud of his progress, I can’t believe this happened

7. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

This is a GOOD thing Whitney! Jonas has earned a reduction of .25 units! Congrats! You're not far from the halfway point of the cycle. Since he's over 50 hold off the HC for now and give him LC if he's still lower than 70 at next test.

8. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Sounds like a plan, thank you <3 I can’t tell you how my heart rate started pounding when I tested him all happy go lucky and then saw 48, lol. He does seem perkier already, can there be that big of a difference between 48 and 56? Is that rate of rise pretty typical? I tried to look at some other kitty’s spreadsheets and 5ish points seemed pretty average, but this is all new territory for us. Checking him again in about 8 minutes.

9. jt and trouble (GA)

10. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Right when I was starting to calm down, back to 51. I really thought all the gravy and HC would do something, should we do some honey?

11. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

He's had a lot to eat. Above 50, you usually go with low carb but he's borderline. Try a tsp of the gravy from Gravy Lovers – that is where the carbs are. Pull the lid off and then push the lid down on the food which squishes the gravy up to the top. You need to keep him hungry in case this event takes awhile and you need to keep feeding.
    Test again 20 minutes later.

Congrats on the reduction.

12. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

It’s normal to be scared when you’ve never seen these numbers before but we’re all here cheering for you and Jonas!!! Bottom line is he’s going up which is good and this really means translating that his pancreas is starting to work so GREAT NEWS!!!

I remember when I got a 48 with Minnie and I was besides myself even though she was acting totally normal. I stuffed her with as many high carb treats I could find and she started going up to 71. Just remember if he’s above 50 he’s fine but you do want him to keep going up as you approach the 12 hour mark. He earned a reduction but depending on how low he still is at +12 you may need a token dose tonight. Keep us posted!

13. Red & Rover (GA)

I'm surrounded by thunderstorms and have a bad migraine. I'll stay with you until Jonas's numbers are rising or until someone else comes along who can help.

Breathe – you're doing great.

14. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Thank you all so much, I can’t express my gratitude I’m so scared. He was at 50 again. I can’t believe he’s not coming up. We just did the gravy trick and stirred in a bit of honey with it, my mom is bringing it to him because I’m afraid my nerves are going to rub off on him. Sometimes his nadirs seem late so I’m worried about that, I’m hoping that isn’t the case this time

15. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Red, I’m so sorry for your migraine, my nana had them chronically and I got a bit of that genetic piece and get one usually 1 or every 2 months. They can be absolutely debilitating. I appreciate you going through that for us so much.

He's ate almost all of the gravy with the honey mixed in, testing again in another 20 minutes.

16. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

The first time Max started getting his low numbers and close to hypo, I was so scared. This site helped me get through it during the wee hours of the night, just like you will get through it. . Be sure after this to put together a hypo kit. I’ll try to look for the link. I didn’t have one and I was breaking out the dry food, treats, you name it. Hypo is scary, but the silver lining is a dose reduction.

17. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/how-to-treat-hypos-they-can-kill-print-this-out.15887/

Here is a good read.

Also, from @Diane Tyler's Mom , who helped me during a hypo event.

“Here is the chart :http://catinfo.org/docs/CatFoodProteinFatCarbPhosphorusChart.pdf

Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Gourmet Beef Feast in Gravy 20% High Carbs

Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Gourmet Chicken Feast in Gravy. 15% Med Carbs

Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Turkey Feast in Gravy. 15% Med Carbs

Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Chicken and Beef Feast in Gravy 15% Med Carbs

Pick any of these up when you go tomorrow”

18. Red & Rover (GA)

Try singing, seriously.

See you in twenty minutes.

19. Red & Rover (GA)

About time for the next test.

20. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

55, at least he went up that time. I might need to try singing, I have paced so much that my Fitbit is at 12,000 steps... I’m pretty sure I was only at like 5,000 for the day around lunchtime when I checked him, lol.

Noah, thanks so much for sharing these, I really appreciate it. I have that sheet bookmarked and kept up in a tab on my phone, I went to it after I gave him the first can of gravy lovers when he got the 48 reading. It really is a lifesaver. His is the chicken flavor, unfortunately beef tends to make him throw up otherwise I’d stock up on that one since it’s higher. He’s definitely so tired but he’s purred while I tested him each time.

21. Red & Rover (GA)

Feed 1 tsp of low carb and test again in 20 minutes.

If he is not rising and is below 50, feed 1 tsp of low carb and test again in 20 minutes.

If he is rising, do not feed and test again in 30 minutes. This will tell you if he is starting to rise without benefit of food.

If the numbers skyrocket, get a test in after an hour just to make sure .We are aiming for roughly 2 hours total of rising without the benefit of food.

I may have to disappear to lie down on the bathroom floor. The nausea and vomiting part of the migraine feels imminent.

You and your mum are doing an excellent job!

If necessary, change the title of your thread to 911 and holler.

I believe @NoahFL is still online. She's done quite a few low number events.

Edited to clarify first sentence. Changes in bold.

22. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

I get an immediate email notification if I’m tagged so can be here to help. Not an expert, but have been through several hypo pajama parties :)

23. Red & Rover (GA)

When you get a chance, write down in the comments section of your spreadsheet what you fed, how much, and when. It is good to have references should a low number event happen again.

I see on the spreadsheet that you fed gravy lovers during the PM cycle of 6 July. It did not budge him much as the gravy, honey, and dry food is not budging him now. This is all very useful information to have. Some cats are extremely carb sensitive, some are not. Jonas seems to fall into the "not" category.

24. Red & Rover (GA)

Thank you. You've been there and bought the t-shirt so to speak. Same drill. The only differences are (1) a cut-off number of 50 (because Jonas is not flying down the dosing scale like Max did - congrats btw), and (2) a human meter is being used.

I'll hold on as long as I can. The bathroom floor is looking awfully good.

25. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

61!!!! Never thought I’d be so happy to see that number, lol. That’s the biggest move yet. I didn’t give him anything and will wait to test in another 30 minutes. Thank you all again so much for hanging with us, it means the world. I am still so on edge but I’m praying he won’t go back down. Red, I’m so sorry for the migraine, ughhhh. I hope you get some relief soon.

I will definitely go back and add notes when I’m on my computer, I need to fix the coloring too but can’t get the dark green to work on my phone for his last patch of numbers.

26. Red & Rover (GA)

Perfect.

Just paying it forward. I'm off but will check in when I can.

27. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Feel better! I suffer from migraines as well so I can relate. I would take the hottest bath I could handle and submerge my head to help open the blood vessels up until my meds kicked in.

28. jt and trouble (GA)

THANK YOU ALL FOR JUMPING IN!!! Its extremely hot here and my computer had a melt down. We are 115 here at the moment so I'm shutting down so it wont happen again.
    I'm so very proud of all of youse! yaaaay

29. jt and trouble (GA)

Breathe Whitney you are doing everything you need to be doing.

THANKS ALL!

NoahFL likes this.
  30. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Don’t get too discouraged if you see high numbers for a few cycles. He may bounce, Totally normal after low numbers.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  31. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

32. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

@NoahFL Just checked him, 65!! I still wish it were a bigger increase but I’m relieved. I didn’t give him anything else yet to see if he keeps rising. He seems more alert and hopped down from his window seat to get a drink.

Deb & Wink and NoahFL like this.
  33. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Yes dose reduction for sure!

wait, Jonas is on prozync not Lantus right?

34. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

You’re doing great. I would check again in 30. Remember there is a 15-20% meter variance.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  35. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

She’s at +7.5.

36. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Yeap just looked at the ss and edited my post ;)

37. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Oops, editing my post! I was on a Lantus post earlier! ;)

Deb & Wink likes this.
  38. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

So now that my brain is screwed on correctly, yes a dose reduction is in order, I would recommend a .25U reduction tonight, however @Deb & Wink is one of the many ProZinc dosage experts.

39. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Thank you both so much <3 I’m hoping he has come up to a pretty normal PMPS when we get to that time, I’m going to be super nervous. I definitely never want to give him no insulin but maybe a token dose? We’ll cross that bridge when it comes. I’ll do another check in 10 minutes then I’m going to take a nicer shower and finally breathe (and give my feet a break from the pacing, LOL)

40. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Absolutely, check PMPS and if his numbers are worthy of a dosage, do the reduction. Do post his PMPS number.

41. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Wait, you mean there’s a right way and a wrong way? :p

42. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Well, screwed on to the best of my ability. o_O

43. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

If you do a token dose, remember it’s 10-20% of the regular dose. So at the most you’re looking at .5-.6

also I’d highly suggest doing a +2 after the pmps and even +4 if you can tonight, but let’s see where he’ll be in about 5 hours. I’m on the west coast so tag me if you need me but Deb also typically comes in at night

Deb & Wink likes this.
  44. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Guys, I am at a loss. He’s back to 55 and I can’t stop crying, why on earth is he going down again...?? I’m so scared that something bad is going to happen

Deb & Wink likes this.
  45. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Is he acting normal? With him being so close to 50, I would give him 1 tsp of LC and see if that has any effect. You and him are doing great. Are you able to retest in 30 after 1 tsp of LC?

46. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Yes, my mom just brought some to him but he’s not wanting to take it, I know he has to be full from all he’s had too. He just seems quite tired but I completely understand why. I can test again in 30 minutes. I just don’t know what we’re doing wrong and why he won’t come up.

47. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Don’t stress. You’re doing just fine and have done nothing wrong. He does seem to be a bit stubborn with carbs. Max has always been responsive to carbs, so this is new to me. I definitely don’t think he’s in immediate danger right now. I would just continue to check him.

48. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

He’s eating his favorite LC treat which is purebites chicken, at least it’s something :/

49. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Should we consider some high carb treats at this point? Just to get him safe up away from the 50’s. Like temptations or even kibble?

Deb & Wink likes this.
  50. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Great - a couple things to note that I’ve learned with Max. Try to surf his numbers with wet food (LC, MC, HC). It takes too long for dry food/dry treats when in a near hypo state. Plus, that dry food tends to stay in the system longer.

51. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

When you were initially working to get his numbers up, how much were you feeding him? Tsp, tbs?

52. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Good question. Red mentioned 50 being the threshold and he’s not really acting hypo and he’s on the down slope of the cycle. I would be hesitant introducing kibble. Of course I’m by no means an expert and ECID.

53. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

I didn’t measure anything out, I just offered him the food (whole gravy lovers the first time, just the gravy after that... I can’t even remember if we did gravy-only once before the gravy and honey, my brain feels shot). He had some party mix earlier when this first happened too but I’m assuming we were combatting the peak of his insulin and that didn’t help matters any.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  54. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Ok, could be full. Giving just a tsp allows them to not get full, in case you have to go up to MC or HC. Feeding him this late in the cycle is probably going to inflate his PMPS number, so definitely wait for an expert to come on to help with dosing. Right now, we just need to see him rise a bit.

55. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Got it, that makes sense... I just figured the more the better, never considered that. Ugh. I’ll be checking him again in a few minutes, praying for a rise. I don’t know if my nerves are ever going to recover.

56. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Give yourself some credit. First near hypo party is always scary. I had no MC or HC the first time and was ready to break out the wet dog food out of desperation, but his numbers finally went up when I mixed LC and syrup.

So to give you a giggle, I’ve been trying to get a urine sample from Max all day today, and he’s very bashful so it’s hard to get. I was sitting on the floor waiting for him to go and then started typing in this thread and I hear that sound of something getting buried. Yes you guessed it, he went and when I looked at him, he stopped burying and looks right at me then slowly walks out the box (probably mumbling “sucka”).

57. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

53, we gave him some honey and unfortunately he thrashed badly and got it everywhere and he’s very upset now, the last thing I need him to be doing right now is running around, I am a wreck. I just desperately want him to go higher, I’m at my wits end and so scared of losing him

Deb & Wink likes this.
  58. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Calm down, you got this. Remember, he’s acting fine and he’s remained constant the past 30 mins. Retest in 30.

59. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Rebecca's right, he's surfing in really nice healing numbers right now. He'll start bouncing soon. :)

60. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

:D:joyful::D

Deb & Wink likes this.
  61. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

You’re not going to lose him. How about food he may not usually get to get him excited like tuna or baby food? It’s still food and it can help raise his BG.

@Deb & Wink should come on soon, definitely before your pmps so she can give additional advice.

62. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Thank you all so much <3 I really can’t tell you what it means to me, I’m such a mess. Joe thoroughly cleaned himself of the honey and seemed interested in treats, so I just gave him 5 pieces of party mix and he ate them. I tested him right after (so the treats can’t have had any affect yet) and he was at 65, so I hope we are FINALLY headed up and not down.

NoahFL likes this.
  63. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

He sought out some dry food on his own and ate on his own accord, please let us finally be getting there <3

64. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Sounds like he’s finally going up. Be sure to go take that shower, relax and retest in an hour. Good job to both you and Jonas.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  65. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

I don’t have any baby food on hand, that’s a good idea to keep stocked up with. He sought out some kibble on his own a few minutes ago and I let him eat it, if he were to still be low then I’ll get one of his fave canned foods out and give that a shot but... surely we have to be headed in the right direction?

66. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

@NoahFL

@Whitney and Jonas
    You guys are doing a great job :bighug:
    Whitney the baby food only had 2% carbs in it.
    Both me and Ale usually give it as a treat.
    So I don't think using it to bring up his BG would really do much
    But if you ever use it just make sure there is no onion in them
    Beechnut or Gerber meat flavors are OK
    They come in chicken, beef, ham and turkey flavor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gerber 2nd Foods Baby Food, Chicken & Gravy - 2.5 oz jar

(1,869)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  67. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Guys I am freaking out again, he is at 53. How is this even possible??? I feel like I can’t breathe. I am so scared right now.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  68. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Is he acting normal? Will he eat some gravy?

Deb & Wink likes this.
  69. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

He’s probably coming down from the syrup. That’s just a temporary fix.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  70. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

He is eating some more of his purebites now, he usually gets them after he gets his sugar checked and he was expecting them so we gave him some. I’m thinking about maybe trying one of his higher carb cans of food soon for an early dinner? I’m just at a loss. I was so certain he was doing better.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  71. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

That does make sense... ugh. I really thought the dry food he ate was going to help. I feel like I’m going to lose my mind.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  72. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Remember, meters can be off 15-20%. The key thing because it’s so late in the cycle is, is he showing signs of being hypo? If not, I would retest in 30 since he just had some Purebites. Hopefully @Deb & Wink will be on soon. Just breathe. He’s doing fine.

73. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

The only possible sign is how sleepy he is but I have to think that’s probably pretty normal, plus he’s been tested every 20-30 minutes all afternoon so he’s never gotten a good nap in. He was very eager to have his Purebites.

74. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

I’m not sure the Purebites are going to bring him much up. My gut feeling says to do something MC and skip tonight’s shot regardless of his value due to how much food he’s had today and how late in the cycle you are. If you don’t have MC, give him 1 tsp of HC wet.

If you can get him to PMPS, I think you’ll be in the clear. I would still check though until he’s in safer numbers.

75. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

@Whitney and Jonas , Deb is here, so you’re in good hands. Going to stand down and have her take over with the advice. I’m still following though. :bighug:

76. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Thank you all so much <3 I can’t express how grateful I am that you’ve stuck with me this long. I feel like such a failure. I’m sos cared that if anything bad happens to him itd my fault because he relies on me. I’m just a mess.

77. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

I will start using the likes, I never even thought about it before. I will definitely skip his shot, trace ketones don’t count do they? He showed .1 on his Novamax most recently. I’m about to check his sugar again, I feel like I’m going to come apart if it hasn’t come up. I just don’t understand how he’s not going up at all.

78. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

He’s at 42, what do we do, I’m sos creed I’m going to lose him Please I don’t know what to do

NoahFL and Deb & Wink like this.
  79. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

He’s. Eating wet food I’m so scared

Deb & Wink likes this.
  80. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

The emergency vet is a bit of a drive and I’m terrified of trying. To make it but will try it this doesnt work, I’m so scared. He ate a nice amount of food and I squirted some honey in his mouth, not sure how much he got as he hates the honey and he fought me on it. Yes, that was his most recent ketone check.

81. Red & Rover (GA)

are you absolutely sure jonas was given 3.5 units and not more? can you check with other members of household to see if by accident he received 2 doses this a.m.?

82. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

No I’m the only one who gives his. Shots, I drew up 3.5. He did recently start a new vial, could that do anything at all? I have. Never been so scared I’m so sorry for typing so badly I’m terrified

Deb & Wink likes this.
  83. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

This is a dumb question but he has been bleeding easily/more when I poke him, is that just because he’s been tested so much today?

Deb & Wink likes this.
  84. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Whitney, breathe. We are all here for you, but you have got to calm down and listen to any instructions you get. Jonas is not showing any symptoms right now which is a positive thing.

85. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Is pancake syrup an option, I’m wondering if sugar content would be any higher and since it’s not as thick it could be easier to get down him?

My. Mom is adamant she doesn’t want us trying to get to the vet, she can’t drive I would have to get someone else to, she thinks the stress it would put him under for the distance would be worse. I’m just so scared. He is still at .1 on his Novamax for ketones, that is my last strip so I will order him more on amazon so they get here fast. I can’t lose him. Going to test sugar again shortly

86. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

We’re on the same wavelength, I did this because I thought maybe something could be wrong, I prayed it was. But we have 2 machines and my number read similarly on both.

87. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

I can’t hurt him by checking too much right?

88. Red & Rover (GA)

How old was the old bottle? and did it have floaties in it?

89. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

No it didn’t, I would say it was probably 3 or so months old. I think I opened the new vial. 2 days ago but didn’t think anything of it, first new vial since we’ve checked him

90. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

91. Red & Rover (GA)

Not chocolate ice cream. Chocolate is toxic.

92. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

Excellent! C’mon Jonas, keep coming up, sweetheart.

93. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

I burst out crying when I saw the 68. I’m praying we are finally outrunning the remnants of the insulin.

94. Red & Rover (GA)

I'm liking that 68 and hoping Jonas's number continue to climb.

However, if they do not, how many testing strips do you have?

And a bit of housekeeping:

You have the "42, 68 @ 9.5" in the +11 column. Are you at +9.5 or at +11?

95. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Gosh, I’m so sorry, my brain is mush. I don’t know why I wrote 9, it should be 11. I’ll fix it.

We have a good stash of glucose strips, I think we’ve got 3 unopened bottles of 50 each in the cabinet plus the bottle I’m on now I got into this afternoon during the beginning of this

96. Red & Rover (GA)

Just to recap:
    AMPS 184 3.5 units

+5 – 48, 53, 56
    +6 – 51, 50, 55
    +7 – 61
    +7.5 – 65
    +8 – 55
    +8.5 – 53
    +9 – 63
    +10 – 53
    +11 – 42
    +11.5 – 68

If necessary, do you think Jonas would eat a Purebite if it was dipped in honey?

97. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

73 now!!! I still wish it were a bigger rise but I’m not going to complain as long as it’s going up, especially if honey is wearing off.

98. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Thank God, will be following you to make sure he keeps going up

99. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

that should be right; to be honest I feel like I flubbed some of the times a bit here and there when it was every 20 minutes. But it’s at least in the right order. I’m not sure if he would or not, he doesn’t seem to like the honey very much. He didn’t want to eat it when it was mixed with the gravy, it’s like once he sniffed it out he became uninterested.

100. Whitney and Jonas

Whitney and Jonas Member

Thank you so much Diane <3 I feel so dizzy now, I think seeing him in safer numbers made the adrenaline come down a bit and now I’m feeling all this anxiety, lol. But I can deal with anything as long as he’s okay. I’m slightly worried about him dropping after the honey wears off, how long does it normally last? Or are we past that point? It would’ve been about an hour ago I think. I feel like I’m in a time warp.

101. Red & Rover (GA)

Prozinc occasionally lasts longer than 12 hours. You will have to do some more testing.

Why the blood ketone meter? DKA? and if so, when?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.