First time

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kristin1306, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Still grats on your first blue PS! Are you able to grab a test later to see how she's doing without insulin? It's good data :). Since it was your first PS <200, it's fine that you skipped. Another note for stalling, Maury's given me lots of experience lol and my method is not required, I try to get PS 30 minutes before his shot is due so if I need to stall for an hour, it only delays his actual shot (if receiving one) by 30 minutes. Kitty will most likely sing the song of his/her people as you approach 1 hour mark :p. Curious to see next reading ;)

Kristin1306 likes this.
  2. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Very nice! Yes, stalling without food works well often if you can. If you have to leave right away, skipping is a good option.

Kristin1306 likes this.
  3. Kristin1306

Kristin1306 Member

So she hasn't been dipping into the blue much so I'm thinking of going up to 1.5 u, she is doing great other wise though. Water intake has slowed down and her urine output is half of what it was! She's also eating good and used to her feeding schedule now!!

4. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Any chance of getting a nadir on that dose? :)

5. Kristin1306

Kristin1306 Member

I did her shot at 6:30 and I should be home until noon so I will be able to get a few readings before I head out for my interview.

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Glad she's feeling well. Finding the good dose range takes time and patience. :)

Kristin1306 likes this.
  7. Kristin1306

Kristin1306 Member

Ok I am feeling like a bad kitty mama over here. Ever since I upped her dose her sugar is higher?!? Does this make any sense??

8. Kris & Teasel

She's bouncing. It could well be from lows during the day or overnight. Aim to get some daytime tests - early or late if you're out at work - and one bedtime test daily if possible. A curve this weekend would also helps. You need more data to assess the current dose.

Djamila likes this.
  9. Kristin1306

Kristin1306 Member

I will be home today so I'll test every two hours, she was doing so good too :(

10. Kris & Teasel

These ups and downs are part of the package unfortunately. The extra tests today will be helpful. It's possible she's dropped fairly low on the 1.5 u dose but you haven't captured enough data to see it. Try not to get too discouraged. This all takes the two magic ingredients of time and patience. :bighug:

11. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Yes to everything Kris said! Getting some extra tests will really help since right now we can't tell what the dose is doing in the middle of the cycle. And you are NOT a bad kitty mama. This is just part of the journey. Looking forward to seeing how Lola does today!

Yong & Maury GA and Kristin1306 like this.
  12. Kristin1306

Kristin1306 Member

Ok I have done every two hours all day, but I have an appt at 6:30 which is her feed and shot time......can I do it a little early or no?

13. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Wow, she hit some blues today for awhile! Have you left yet? Not sure what time it is for you...you can shoot a little early if you need to as long as she's high enough. How early were you thinking?

Kristin1306 likes this.
  14. Kristin1306

Kristin1306 Member

She did awesome today!! I am guessing and correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe her body has adjusted to the dose? I am happy with today's results. I left at 6 she was at 239 so I went ahead and gave her her shot and fed her! :) Not feeling like a bad mama now lol

15. Yong & Maury GA

Hi Kristin! How are you and Lola? Did something happen? SS stopped over a month ago :nailbiting:

16. Kristin1306

Kristin1306 Member

Everything is great! I started a new job and haven't had the time to update my sheet. Lola has been great! And what's even better is no shots for 4 days now! She has been consistently in the low 100's!!! I'm hoping she keeps it up! Thanks for checking on us too! :)

17. Kris & Teasel

That's great news! :)

18. Yong & Maury GA

Oh you definitely should've shared that news! :D. You must notify us of day 14 :p

Kristin1306 likes this.
  19. Kristin1306

Kristin1306 Member

The photo attached is the face of a kitty was has required no shots for 2 and 1/2 weeks!! She has been ranging between 90 and 160!! I am beyond thrilled and I know she is too!

Attached Files:

Rachel and Kris & Teasel like this.
  20. Kris & Teasel

:D:D:D:D!!!!

21. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

YAYAYYYY!

22. Yong & Maury GA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.