Flat and pinks all day

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by HannahLogan312, Jun 16, 2022.

1. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

I was trying to do a curve today but basically she has been almost the same numbers since pre-shot this morning. Not sure if this is because she is recovering from her large bounce yesterday as I've never seen her so 'steady' in one day before. Did reduce the dose this morning from 1 u to .75. Have been updating my spreadsheet and will try to get a few more tests in today but not sure we will see much action.

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

It does look like this could be a bounce from that blue yesterday. Sorry. Bounces are so boring and frustrating. I would probably just not test anymore until preshot time.

3. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Okay that's what I was thinking - I did just get in one final test a minute ago and she was still 353 so basically no movement at all today. I will skip the test I was going to do around 5 and just get a test in right before her shot. I assume I'm all good to continue sticking with the .75 as @FrostD advised for me yesterday?

FrostD and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  4. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Yes. He's.bouncing from the blues yesterday, can last 6 cycles. So see where he lands after the bounce clears

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

Hello. I hope Bella will have a little lower numbers today... no drama would be nice, too, Bella! :)

6. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Yes! Have to leave the house in a bit - going to check her once before I leave around +4 - hopefully we will see some better numbers today!

7. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Some nice yellow and blues mid cycle today but still super high pre shot AM and PM - but definitely prefer having her in the 100-200’s during the day vs the pinks.

Suzanne & Darcy and FrostD like this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

That blue is great to see on the SS. Be sure to try and check +2 or 3 tonight before bed to make sure all is well.

9. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Thinking I should maybe do the modified pro zinc method instead of SLGS - if I were to do modified should I still hold this dose for another few days or is it time for a dose increase? Didn’t get many tests in today, got a few more yesterday. I will try and get a few more times tomorrow. But of course her numbers were not what I would like to see today :( just looking for advice - thanks in advance!

10. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

The Dr Elsey's means you cannot do MPM, that has to be completely low carb wet food (aside from like test treats). Reason being is the dry food affects things over several cycles

Either way, it actually doesn't matter too much. With that 122 I would hold for now. You arguably have room to try for a 0.25U increase after this bounce clears (just to double check what nadir is), but in this case I think I would hold to help limit bouncing.

11. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Okay good to know - I am trying to cut out all the dry food, getting there. It was difficult as when she was first diagnosed she was very thin, and wasn’t used to eating any wet food but she’s getting much better with it, hopefully all wet soon! And okay, will continue to hold this dose. Thank you!

Suzanne & Darcy and FrostD like this.
  12. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

frustrating numbers today >.<

13. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

He should be clearing the bounce tonight/tomorrow...

14. Suzanne & Darcy

You may be ready for that increase soon... today is cycle 6 after that blue.

15. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Yeah I was thinking the same thing - hasn’t been in blues for a bit.

16. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Do you think I should increase to 1 u tomorrow morning if she continues pinks and maybe yellows today?

17. Suzanne & Darcy

Definitely wait until tonight to see what happens. And I would probably wait the full 7 days on this dose (14 cycles) before increasing (that's only one more day.) Because of those blues on 6/18, I would want to be cautious - to see if she starts coming down again. @FrostD what do you think?

I have to remember that you use an AlphaTrak meter. This makes is more challenging for me.

18. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I personally would hold. Last night very well could have been a repeat of the 6/18 AM cycle and possibly gone lower. Typically when you see a big drop like that you'll want to get another test.

That said you probably do have room for a 0.25U increase...I don't *think* it would cause a hypo but I am hesitant to give it the full green light without knowing what happened last night. As we say, you hold the syringe.

19. Suzanne & Darcy

Yes. I was wondering what happened last night after the black. Could have been more blue yes. In which case you would hold.

20. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Okay a lot to consider ! I might try sleeping in another room of my house tonight so I’m not constantly waking my husband up to try and get some numbers in PM cycle besides the +3 - do you think a +5, and +7? Open to suggestions. I will keep the .75 for tonight while I get those numbers and then depending on what they are increase to 1 u starting tomorrow AM cycle? Does this sound like a decent plan of action?

21. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I think tonight will be high and flat, you'll probably have to wait another few cycles for him to come down again. So just grab a test before you go to bed, and as long as that's not a big drop get some sleep!

22. Suzanne & Darcy

I would keep to the .75 at least for tomorrow a.m. and p.m. cycles. Don't rush it.

I used to sleep with Darcy in a spare bedroom sometimes... because I frequently tested in the night (setting alarms.) But Darcy usually slept right on the bed with me. Now, I know that a lot of people get one of those little headlamps to do testing without turning on many lights. They can see enough to test their kitty when wearing the the head mounted light.

23. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Okay sounds good. I actually think my husband has a headlamp in the basement- good idea for if I need it in the future, thanks!

FrostD likes this.
  24. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Got a few more numbers today - I'm thinking tomorrow is probably time for an increase. Input?

25. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Always wait until the bounce clears before deciding...it hasn't broken yet, but should in the next few cycles.

26. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Okay - how do I know when the bounce has cleared?

27. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Right now you're just starting cycle 4, it should clear by or right after cycle 6. It is usually marked by a very drastic drop in BG and lower numbers (6/18 AM, 6/20 PM as examples) . In his case, I'd say about 150 points or more in a single cycle is likely a break, very likely he'll see blue numbers as well if.you test near nadir

HannahLogan312 likes this.