Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Figured I'd update here so it doesn't get lost...

Well, he's still eating a bit, but not very much (less than 2oz a day). He's still getting 150mL LRS daily, injectible Baytril daily and 1/4 tablet of Mirtazapine every 3 days. Honestly, I expected more of an impact on his appetite, but then again he reacts to drugs so variably. No insulin in 72 hours. He's more active and alert-- purring more which is music to my ears.

However, I weighed him tonight and he's 10 lbs 1 oz-- down almost a pound since last Monday.

I wish I knew what was going on... but am not going to dwell on "what if's" just take each day and love him more and more (if that's even possible!).

2. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

carolynn i was thinking...what about doing 75 mls of SQ's bid instead of 150 mls once a day? gives a better steady state that way. (plus is easier on acro-heart maybe?)

also....can he get an u/s if they do it with him standing up since he cannot be placed on back?

3. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

He is getting 75mL bid. I'd love to get an u/s but can't swing it right now. Of course, I'd love an MRI, too....(and so would his vets).

4. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Active and alert is very good :) Sending hungry vibes. Eat, Fletcher.

Could the baytril be interfering with his appy? I think Meowzi's was affected when she was on Zeniquin.

5. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

sending "be better" vibes to Fletcher

(((Carolynn and Fletcher)))

6. Patti and Merlin

Patti and Merlin Member

Oh Carolynn,
    As always - I think of you and Fletcher all the time. Guess I was wishing for a little more eating news altho I'm still glad to hear he's eating something. I don't know anything about Mirtazipine - can that be given more often?

I'll call you tomorrow. Please give Fletcher a huge hug for me! and a gigantomungo one to you!
    xxxxx

7. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

it could, but it is one of the least likely of the available AB's for felines to do so. however his appy was way off before he started it so i don't think the baytril can be blamed. wish the answer was that simple here.
    okay cannot do u/s, how about having your local vet send out the x-rays that were taken to a board certified veterinary radiologist for a read? that should not cost much (and hey maybe radiologist would not even charge if s/he has scientific interest in reading an acrocat's films? never know unless asked..)

8. Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake

Jennifer+Spunky(GA)+Peake Member

Give the big guy a big kiss for me!

Wish I could give him my appetite..he would put on pounds real quick!!! Holding you in my prayers. How is Greta? Brain not working....

9. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Jojo I'll ask about sending his xrays out. Heart looked the same as it did a year (?) or so ago and nothing else looked "off" but it's worth a shot to see what a radiologist would say.

Have completely forgotten to update on my diva... she's doing much better. Her eye is about back to normal and the lump on her nose is gone!!! :D So it looks like it was nothing serious (although I'll keep watch to make sure).

10. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Eat, eat, eat...
    Eat the fudz, eat the treats,
    Eat a lot and eat it fast,
    Steal beans food & add to stash! :lol:

Come on big boy!

11. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

12. Juanita & Chika (GA)

Juanita & Chika (GA) Member

just wondering if there is an update on (((Fletcher))), just in case I have missed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.