? follow up help with chart review

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MHHCoach, Jan 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHHCoach

MHHCoach Member

Hey everyone! finally feeling like we are getting the hang of testing at different points.
    So I used relion and and alphatrak. I have them on separate tabs.

I feel like with Vetsulin, sometimes Tux reacts around 80 points to about 1U, but then hardly at all with a half unit. I want to try if possible to get into a routine with the dose if that's even possible, such as usually 1 unit in the morning if needed at night half or 1 unit. I may be asking too much there :)

But can y'all take a look at his numbers and see if I'm doing okay with the dosing or if you see any gaps/recommendations.

12 full days in - I must give y'all kudos, this takes a lot of patience and is emotionally draining.

2. MHHCoach

MHHCoach Member

oh and I've noticed my poor boys joint are snapping/popping a lot lately :-(

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I think your results on 1/2 unit are very good and wouod try thiat unless you get an unexpected low PS.

Critter Mom and MHHCoach like this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Managing your cat's diabetes does take some getting used to. It can be emotionally draining! The good news is that a lot of it does become routine.

My only words of caution are that it's good to remember that insulin is a hormone. It doesn't act like an antibiotic where you can expect to get the same result with every dose. There are a lot of factors that mediate how your cat responds -- the amount of food and the carb level of the food, activity, stress, etc. I would not always expect that the same dose of insulin always drops numbers by the same amount -- it's why we are such strong advocate for home testing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.