Food question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and little, Sep 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and little

Lisa and little Well-Known Member

Hello all. Hope all of you and your sugar babies are well.

Have any of you fed Tiny Tiger Pates? It is Chewy’s own brand and seems to be well within the limits based on the info Chewy provides. I have been having issues with the Fancy Feast Pates being inconsistent lately. More juice than normal, smellier than normal and the last few cans seemed to have something black around the bottom of the can. Just wanted to pick your brains….

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

@Liz & Minnie also feeds TT. It's shown up on some cat food lists as a good low carb, relatively inexpensive option.

Liz & Minnie likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Tiny Tiger is fine. I think the beef is on the higher end but still below 10%.

I'm glad its not just me that sees issues with FF. Actually some of their other lines, seem inconsistent also.

ProPlan beef and carrots and the chicken and spinach are safe also.

5. Lisa and little

Thanks to all for the info. I have had issues w FF since the beginning of the year. Beef , beef and liver and now the turkey and giblets. Got some cans that were actually smelly and rancid. Now every case seems to have a different consistency, smell and amount of juice. Was feeding TIKi Cat forever but she started turning her nose up at it. I actually think she may have a chicken allergy so trying the TT turkey. Wish us luck. So far today her numbers are high

6. Liz & Minnie

Liz & Minnie Well-Known Member

Yes! Minnie LOVES Tiny Tiger Turkey...once she started eating that, she started rejecting all her previous favorites (Weruva pawlickin chicken used to be popular). They were out of stock for a while in the summer but seems to be back on track. For whatever reason, the chicken and beef are not as popular with her. I have turkey at 6%, chicken and beef at 9%.

The other food she likes is Whole Earth Farms duck 4% or turkey 5% pate which was a relief when the TT was not available (though that also had a turkey outage for a while). Bonus of that is you can also get at Petco.

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  7. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

Can you show me the info on this food? I cannot find it at Chewy. I am interested in Carb and Phos amounts. My cat has CKD along with diabetes. Thanks

8. Lisa and little

When you pull it up on chewy, look along the top under FAQ and Q and A. You can also call them and they will give you any other info you need. I’ve called several times and they have what I’d say is the best customer service ever. If they don’t have an answer they will get it for you.

9. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

thank you. They are compiling some info and sending me an email.
    I see you switched from Prozinc to Lantus. Do you like it better?

10. Lisa and little

Can you please share what you find out from chewy regarding the carb count on the Pates? I have conflicting information. The Q&A on the turkey now says 13% yet when I called some months back they told be 4%
    As for my switch, we are now using Levemir and it is certainly more predictable as was Lantus. I stress much less about random lows. I do have to wonder though if my inexperience and fear contributed to not getting good results with Prozinc. I didn’t really “work “ it the way I do now with regard to dose adjustments as I didn’t totally understand what to do and I was utterly terrified. I beat myself up for that because it’s the early stages that have better chance for remission. I feel like a bad mama when I think about it :(

11. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

Sadly Chewy never sent the email. I will ask again. While Chewy has great customer service, they are not great with most in-depth stuff.

12. Gracie85

Gracie85 Member

We've been feeding FF pates, and when I compared the ingredients to Tiny Tiger, they are nearly identical--just one or two of the vitamins are listed in a different order. We have been using both, and once out of the can, you pretty much can't tell them apart. Neither can the cats. When a store has their own brand, they have actually contracted with some major manufacturer to have it made and their label put on it. It is not uncommon for the manufacturer and store to simply agree to a "private label" on an existing food, meaning that the store is just having their own labels put on an existing name brand product. I'm extremely suspicious that TT is just FF in Chewy's own label. But if it saves us a dollar or two, so what.....

13. Susan Pomo

Susan Pomo Member

Yeah, I get it. I know that happens in many things. I just have to be ultra sure due to my guy Joe's CKD and Diabetes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.