? ? for ordering Lantus from Marks Marine

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Megan & Oren, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Hi all;
    am finally going to give Marks Marine a try; I'm just wondering when I talk to them about ordering insulin to NOT mention that it's for a cat?! As long as I have a prescription is that all they need?Also, when it arrives, does it require a signature? That could be a problem for me as unless it arrives on a day I'm home....

Hope everyone is doing well.. I do try to check in from time to time, but life has been very hectic these last few months...Oren says hello!

edited to add: OMG, what a horrible week on the FDMB board, with the loss of 3 beloved kitties, Hyde, Crystal and Black Kitty. I am in tears at my desk at work.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

No problem telling them it's for a cat. No signature required.

Megan & Oren likes this.
  3. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Thanks so much @tiffmaxee , Elise!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Glad all is well. :)

5. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Yup. Just got my first Mark's order. They knew it was for a cat (vet script!) and I didn't have to sign. Tracking info let me know when it arrived at my post box. Easy. Took about 9-10 days.

Marilyn

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

It has been a terrible loss here. Three very special, long-term kitties, and all high dose too.

Glad to see you and Oren, Megan. Hope your sweet boy is doing well.

7. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

well, I guess I'm a huge worry wort, but I've been checking on my insulin shipment via the tracking number I got from Mark's Marine. I ordered it last Fri (Apr 8) . It got as far as San Francisco and US Customs on April 11 (USPS tracking status said it cleared US customs on that date). But since then, I've seen no further updates?! Is it normal for it to be 'stuck' in the postal facility even after clearing customs? No activity yesterday or today. I'm getting a bit nervous, as in two days it will be a week and it still has to get all the way across the country. :(:eek: Can anyone comment on their experience? !

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

My last shipment cleared customs and then I didn't get any more updates...it showed up 2 days later. I don't know why it didn't update once out of customs, but you're not the first to have it happen either

I've heard a few others that didn't get updates after leaving customs too:confused:

Grab a spare pair of patience pants...I'm sure it'll be fine...I've never heard of anybody who didn't get it at all...and even after 10 days in July, my first order back in 2014 was fine and I was able to use every last drop

Robin&BB likes this.
  9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Do they require a prescription since One is not needed in Canada?

10. Robin&BB

Robin&BB Well-Known Member

Hi, Megan. I just got my shipment of Lantus from Mark's last Wednesday. It was originally estimated to arrive 4/04-05, did not arrive until the 6th.
    I fretted a little myself (it was my first time), but really, I've no doubt you'll get it. While my box of Solostar pens was no longer chilled when the box arrived, the Lantus is absolutely fine! Just put it in the fridge as soon as it arrives.

P.S. USPS is not whata it used to be ... I'm in northern AZ, so my shipment was routed through Phoenix. They are really pokey down there!

11. Robin&BB

Yes. I just took a photo with my phone of the written rx from my vet, and uploaded the image for them as per their website instructions. Easy!

I think you can have your vet fax them an Rx, as well.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  12. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

"Grab a spare pair of patience pants...I'm sure it'll be fine..". yup, patience pants, not my strong pant suit:rolleyes:!
    but thanks for the heads up that this isn't totally weird.
    Thankfully the next time should be MUCH easier, as getting the prescription from the office of DRISTHATCLEAR was shall we say, a pain in the ass. Marks says further orders don't require it to be sent again.

Robin&BB likes this.
  13. Robin&BB

Sorry that it was a genuine pain ... but I've gotta say it: That line is really funny.;):D
    (If there's one thing we've all learned here: Hang on to that sense of humor! Some days it's the ONLY thing that'll get you through all the trials and tribulations of the sugar-kitty dance.)

14. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

Hi all, the busy weekend kept me from updating that indeed, my order of Lantus arrived last Friday, exactly 1 week from the day I ordered it! Of course the freezy packs weren't cold anymore, but the weather was perfect here, cool and sunny and I was home working in the yard when the mail arrived, so bustled it inside right away. Sure hope it is ok! I got an update from the postal service essentially the day before arrival after that initial silence post clearing customs. And I want to reiterate the fantastic customer service on Mark's end; Rita, the person I worked with was amazingly helpful, cheery and patient. Sure wish we didn't have to resort to this route, but thank goodness we have the option.

Hope all sugar kitties, beans and civies are well and happy

15. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Glad that it arrived!

16. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah isn't that great? I only had to submit an original script the first time and after that, just a phone call is all it takes and another box is on it's way

Amen to that!! Makes me sad to think how many sugarcat moms and dads are out there that are still paying the crazy prices for Lantus (or worse, not treating or using "cheap" insulin because they can't afford it) who don't know about Marks

Speaking of which, I guess I should be giving them a call ....going to be getting warm here soon and I'll need a new box before the end of the summer. I didn't have any problems with the insulin I got in mid-July the first time, but as long as I have the option, might as well get it here when it's a little cooler outside

17. Megan & Oren

Megan & Oren Member

No kidding Chris; i can't help but think of the poor pet owners AND humans not getting what they need because of these $^#* drug companies. Been hearing many news stories about the outrageous rise in insulin prices over the last decade, with the corresponding increase in diabetes among humans. It's so wrong on so many levels.

If i calculated correctly, and Oren stays at or near his max dose so far, I should have enough till Sept...

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Report from the city where Marks is located - unseasonably warm (for us), low 70's. Could be a warm summer.

@Megan & Oren - Time for an update on our favorite creamsicle kitty?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.