Frankie and Liz update (2)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Dec 15, 2019.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

We are doing ok here. My Aunt J (Palm Springs) passed away on 11/10. My Aunt B anniversary of her passing was 11/16 (six years ago). These two Aunts were like 2nd mothers to me after my mom passed away in 1985. I moved to Texas and lived with my Aunt B until I could find a place of my own. And then the anniversary of Gizmo’s crossing on 12/04. It has been a difficult month.

I have one more week of work and then I am off for the year – YAY!

Frankie is being Frankie. His biting seems a bit better and he seems calmer. I had an appointment with an AC on 12/09 and it was very interesting. I had never done this before. The AC said that Frankie is very happy with his life and loves his toys and his tree. He also likes his “bad-boy” persona – lol. She said that he is lonely when we leave but does understand that we are returning but he would like a playmate (haha, we will see about that). The AC customized some flower essence for him and he started those on Friday when I received them. Frankie is allowing more loving and petting but the biting is still a work in progress but I do feel we are making progress but does seem more like play than the out-of-control behavior is was.The bitters for biting and chewing have helped also - especially on the electrical cords (OMG!).

I took Frankie to Petco yesterday as an excursion. He seems to do better when he is stimulated. We didn’t restrain him in the car but he did have his harness and leash on the entire time. We didn’t stay long, I grabbed a couple cans of food and a few (more) toys for him and we came home. He slept for the rest of the afternoon, part of the time on my lap. He is doing very well with the leash/harness (thanks Amanda @Osha for the info on the harness – a very long time ago). He loves playing with the leaves in the yard.

Frankie is in the home he is supposed to be in. We love him – even with his quirks. I don’t think he would have done well in a house with children, especially young kids so I am glad he is with us.

Frankie1.JPG
    Frankie2.JPG
    Frankie3.JPG
    Frankie4.JPG

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

He is a very handsome lad. Is that the "Kitty Holster" ?

I keep putting it off thinking it won't work since others haven't.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad things are improving with Frankie. Love the pictures. Sending prayers as you remember your aunts and Gizmo. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug:Lizzie:bighug: I am so sorry ab your Aunt . Glad you got that last visit with her ❤️ Been thinking ab Frankie and glad to hear things are moving ( if not slowly) in a good direction . Frankie is one blessed kitty to have found you and DH . Merry Christmas to you all ❤️

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

My condolences.

Frankie is gorgeous! He has such a sweet face for such a troublemaker!!

6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Frankie is a very gorgeous kitty!
    My son brought home a cat from California. She was about 8 months old. Already had a litter of kittens . He was so worried about her getting along with his girlfriend's kitten.
    For the first 2 weeks the kitten pestered her & they hissed at each other. It's been over a month & now they play & sleep together.

I've always felt they do better with a companion. I believe they get lonely when we're not there.

[​IMG]

7. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Sorry about all your losses! :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Glad to hear Frankie is doing better! He is such a handsome boy! I think he will continue to get better as he gets older. He reminds me of my Toby, who is. 5 and mostly pretty good now, though he did get a time out today, but was very good after. Toby just play bites fairly gently now. :cat:

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I’m so very sorry for your loss, (((Lizzie))).

Frankie is so adorable! You spoke with Linda? I’m glad all of that went well and he’s learning what is acceptable behavior. I’m a big believer in flower essences.

9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Frankie is adorable!

10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

11. Charlotte and Lucky’s mom

Charlotte and Lucky’s mom Well-Known Member

Soo sorry for your loss. It’s never easy and around the holidays even more difficult. :(
    Frankie is a handsome cat!! He is lucky he has you. :D

12. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss Lizzie.

Frankie found the a great home and will get the best care, he is a lucky (and very handsome) kitty :)