Freeze-Dried Raw - Too Fatty?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SoCal Cat, Oct 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCal Cat

SoCal Cat New Member

Hello,

I've liked freeze-dried raw Stella & Chewy's (chicken) and Primal (turkey) for my kitties, thinking they were great low carb treats. However, my cat has high triglycerides so one of the things I need to do is try to cut down on the fat in his diet. It looks like S&C's is high fat at almost 60% of calories from fat! I think Primal may be better.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a freeze-dried raw option that is low cab and moderate or low fat (<40% calories from fat and ideally <30%)

This isn't the only food I'm feeding him. I'm just having a hard time getting % of calories data on freeze-dried raw vs wet foods. Any tips?

Thanks!

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

WELCOME TO FDMB We are glad you found us. I have to start dinner but this is all I have at the moment hope it helps:
    Dr. Pierson - new Food Chart

Is you kitty diabetic?
    Hang on for more replies
    jeanne

3. SoCal Cat

SoCal Cat New Member

Thanks! I used that amazing chart for wet food but it does not include freeze-dried raw.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

ZiwiPeak makes an air dried raw food. The chicken is 38% (min) fat. You would need to check to see what the "as fed" values are by contacting the manufacturer since they only list the guaranteed analysis on their website.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You can email your questions to Primal and they will send you any info you need.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.