Friday Five: Concerts

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. What was your very first concert, and how old were you?
    2. Who would you pay any amount of money to see in concert (assuming you had the money)?
    3. Do you think reserved seats are worth the money, or do you prefer lawn seats?
    4. What is the best venue you've been to see a concert at?
    5. Wearing a t-shirt of the band at their concert: hip or lame?

2. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

1. Ratt/Bon Jovi - I think I was 17
    2. Robben Ford (blues/jazz music)
    3. Yes. Hoping the restrooms are close by :D
    4. Don't remember the name. It was in Dallas :?:
    5. Lame :-|

3. Sarah and Buzz

1. Steve Miller Band. I was 14. I don't even like them, but I went because the guy I was dating really liked them. Ah, young love. ;)
    2. Indigo Girls or U2.
    3. It depends on the show. Sometimes it's worth it to be up close but sometimes it doesn't matter.
    4. The Plain Dealer Pavilion in Cleveland was pretty awesome. It's small and right on the river. It's outdoors but covered with sailcloth-looking things, so if it rains you aren't going to get wet.
    5. Totally lame.

4. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

i think it was Motley Crue. if you're going for "big" concerts. there were of course the smaller things like at state fairs and such. for Motley Crue I was 18. New Kids on the Block after that :) oh, and Garth Brooks!

2. Who would you pay any amount of money to see in concert (assuming you had the money)?

can't really think of anyone i'd pay any amount of money to see. concerts actually don't do much for me any more. much prefer to listen to a good stereo and actually be able to hear the music. :)

3. Do you think reserved seats are worth the money, or do you prefer lawn seats?

as long as i'm close enough to see the person, i'm happy.

only been to a few so not sure the venue would really make a difference

hmmmmmm, don't know. i'd say it's probably the thing to do but it's not hip. LOL!!

5. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

1 Firehouse, Tesla, and three other 'big hair' bands I can't remember, I was 15.

2 I would've really liked to see Jimi Hendrix or Bob Marley (but no amount of $$ would buy that ticket now), so, I would go with Garth Brooks--not a country fan, but DH is and he said his concerts are amazing.

3 I prefer the lawn--more laid back

4 The Vic in Chicago--more intimate, and the crowd always really gets into the music.

5 LAME :(

6. Sarah and Buzz

Garth Brooks is by far the most dynamic, amazing performer I have been to see. So much so that I have been to 3 of his concerts. :)

7. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

1. Hmmm, well when I was a kid we went to plenty of classical & also folk, but assuming those don't count, first non-parents concert was the Ramones when I was 14.

2. No one - at some age I lost all interest in going to concerts. (does that mean I am offically old & boring? lol)

3. Up close is awesome if you really are interested; if you mostly want a casual evening with ambience, I like the lawn - more comfy, + you can chow down (and wander off & take a walk if you want!).

4. I always loved Wolftrap, near D.C., though I never saw a rock-type concert there. For those, hmmmm, nothing stands out.

5. Well, I'm totally not hip so I couldn't care less... if you like the t-shirt, wear it!!!

8. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Foghat - I was 14. This is really telling you my age. :mrgreen:

Tom Petty. Sarah, I saw Indigo Girls a few years ago along with B-52's and Sheryl Crow at Steamboat. It was an awesome concert.

Reserved seats usually have the closest seats.

Telluride Blues & Brews Fest. Several years ago saw Kenny Wayne Shepard, other great blues bands right down in front on the lawn.

Lame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.