Friday Five: Fear Factor

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. Do you consider yourself to be a superstitious person? What are you superstitious about?
    2. How much money would it take for you to eat a live dragonfly?
    3. Has there ever been a time when you've been in fear for you life? What did you do?
    4. What's your biggest phobia/fear?
    5. What's your weirdest phobia/fear?

2. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

1. Do you consider yourself to be a superstitious person? What are you superstitious about?
    no
    $100,000, but I would try to hold out for more
    3. Has there ever been a time when you've been in fear for you life? What did you do?
    Yes. The plane I was on caught on fire. Just tried to stay calm and hope for the best. Obviously things worked out.
    Drowning
    Spiders with hairy legs. Other spiders are okay.

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

4. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

1. Not usually, but in college, whenever someone would ask me how I did on an exam, I was always too afraid to say. I thought if I said I aced it--I failed; if I said I failed--it would be true!

2. Millions!!

3. Karen-I had a plane fire/exploding engine too! It was the engine mounted 6 inches outside my window! Also, been attempted carjacked, and shot at (they missed). I don't look for trouble, really, sometimes I just have bad luck. Not much I could do but either: get into crash position, drive off like a bat out of hell, and hit the deck!

4. Centipedes, Millipedes--so many legs really freak me out!

5. Don't think I have any, hmmm........

5. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

6. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

--Yes. Don't jinx yourself by saying something good is going to happen before it happens. Salt over the shoulder, no ladders. Funny enough, black cats don't freak me out. I think I have immunity due to the two that live here.

--They look crunchy. I don't like crunchy bugs. I don't like squishy bugs either. But if someone offered me a million dollars, I would consider it. It would be nice to pay off the car/house.

--Unfortunately too many to count. Got a fish hook in the head while fishing, Got the chain of a doberman's run wrapped around my head, brakes broke on the 4 wheeler and the bridge was out on that road, landed a motorcyle IN a tree, and many more. Most happened under the age of 16. I tend to go the deer in headlights route when these things happen. Somehow neither fight or flight kick in.

-- Finding my kids dead in their sleep. I have recurring dreams or wake up convinced that they smothered themselves, wrapped themselves in a sheet, carbon monoxide poisoning, etc, etc. Doesn't help that both my kids have at one time or another wrapped themselves so tightly in their blankets that they were trapped and needed help escaping.

Well, I've woken up convinced that somehow DH was trying to attack me in his sleep with his mind. On a plus note, my first thought was that my mind was much stronger than his and I'll be damned if anyone's going to threaten me with their mind and I tried to push him off the bed with my mind. That's when it's time to A) get more sleep B) stop reading sci fi while waiting for Ari's bg's to rise.

7. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

1. Not really.
    2. Would not do it, I draw the line at anything that is still moving.
    3. Hmmm, well does that mean legitimate fear, like my life was *actually* in danger, or just freaky fear b/c I'm a spaz? The episode that is most vivid is when the DC snipers were on the loose. I think we all felt it, everytime you went outdoors you wondered if you were in someone's scope. One night I was awakened by what was probably a car backfiring - did a whole James Bond rolling off the bed and onto the floor thing, making sure I was not in the possible line of fire from any windows/sliders, and crawled to a safe area. Took about 30 minutes if I recall for the adrenaline to subside enough to realize it was probably just a car. Mostly during that time I stayed indoors, and when pumping gas went for stations that were not right by the highways, and picked an inside pump and then jumped back in the car as soon as the gas was going.
    4. Lice.
    5. Lice? lol

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, I never had ant issues til I moved to SoCal. They are crazy crazy wacko there, little armies trying to take over the world one house at a time. Can't say I miss that, though I miss other things about being further south. But if ever I think of moving back I think of the ants, and that nips those thoughts right in the bud!!!

9. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Only on the good stuff, like making a wish on a falling star.

There isn't enough money for that.

Several times I thought I might drown after being dumped out of my kayak in the river.

Drowning (it was my biggest fear even before I started kayaking).

Losing someone I love (I lost several family members wihin a short time and it took me a while to not see death around every corner).

10. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope, LOL! You have a very wild imagination. Maybe you should be writing sci fi. :lol:

11. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Around here we have fire ants, and if you've ever stepped or sat on a mound by mistake then you know how they got their name. Fire ants are about the only insect that I'm willing to put poison out to kill. And don't feel guilty about AT ALL. (Amdro--haven't looked into it in years, but it used to be vouched for by wildlife rehabbers. Think we used to use boiling water and garlic, but with kids have become much more aggressive.)

12. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I love, love, love reading everyone's answers! Sometimes I scroll past the name without looking and just read the answers and try to guess who wrote them. This week I was spot on with Gator on his second answer. :lol: And Joanna, I knew yours at #3 of course; I'm going to write about that too! You guys are awesome. :D

1. No, not at all. I am with Hope in the "I don't like to talk too much about good things before they happen" camp, but that's the extent of it.
    2. I guess it would depend on how broke I am at the time. I would be really grossed out and would probably throw up afterwards, but I think I could do it. Right now, I'd probably do it for $1,000. Who am I kidding, I'd do it for $500. But not a penny less! And I want a side of Ranch.
    3. Like Joanna, I was living in the DC area when the sniper was on the loose. It was just exactly like she described it: you'd go get gas as far away from the interstate as possible (they were usually hitting gas stations right off a highway) and then you would get back in your car real quick and lay the seat down so you weren't visible from outside. It was so crazy, but EVERYONE did it. There was no pattern to the shootings, so you never felt safe anywhere, any time of day or night. It was the true definition of a terrorist, IMO, and I had never before (or since, thank God) experienced that on a daily basis. Truly scary.
    4. The closest thing I have to a phobia is the dentist. Even if I'm just going for a cleaning, I have to psyche myself up for DAYS. I throw up at least once before each visit and am a ball of nerves even for hours afterward. I haven't had any particularly horrible experiences there, I just hate everything having to do with teeth and am so afraid that something they do is going to hurt. I also don't enjoy heights in the least, and I am always worried that one of the cats is going to escape outside.
    5. I guess maybe the dentist thing, although I don't think anyone really likes the dentist. At least that's how I con myself into thinking that I'm not too weird. ;)

13. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

I have to laugh at the ants. I lived in So.Cal for four years. The year I moved it started raining on Jan. 2 and rained every day for the rest of the month. All kinds of strange critters were coming out of the ground. I got home about 5 minutes before the movers came to do an estimate. He started in the kitchen and opened the pantry door. The whole pantry was black and moving. Ants were swarming in through the electrical outlets! I was soooo embarrassed. Anyway, the neat part was that they got into my toaster and carried out all of the crumbs. It was like my toaster was brand new! :lol:

14. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.