Friday Five: Food

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. What is your favorite type of ethnic food?
    2. What would your last meal be?
    3. What food would no amount of money entice you to eat/try?
    4. Fizzy liquid brown or clear in color: do you call it pop or soda? (There is a lot riding on this one, so don't disappoint me!)
    5. Have you tasted your kitty's food to see what it's like?

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

1. What is your favorite type of ethnic food? This is a hard one for me, but I would have to say sushi mmmmmmmm
    2. What would your last meal be? another hard one, gee! It is a toss up between an uber tender and juicy prime rib steak with a loaded bake potato, an excellent italian meal, or gorging on sushi :D
    3. What food would no amount of money entice you to eat/try? frog legs and escargot ick!
    4. Fizzy liquid brown or clear in color: do you call it pop or soda? (There is a lot riding on this one, so don't disappoint me!) soda, definitely. I'm from the south!
    5. Have you tasted your kitty's food to see what it's like? never, does not even sound appetizing lol

3. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

1. What is your favorite type of ethnic food? Indian curry
    2. What would your last meal be? Shepherd's pie and a big chocolate cake.
    3. What food would no amount of money entice you to eat/try? brussel sprouts... ugh!
    4. Fizzy liquid brown or clear in color: do you call it pop or soda? (There is a lot riding on this one, so don't disappoint me!) Soda. And I'm a northern transplant.
    5. Have you tasted your kitty's food to see what it's like? Heck no. Blech! Never even had the urge.

4. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Mexican

Can I just have chocolate ice cream with dark chocolate cake and chocolate mousse?

Rocky Mountain Oysters (if you have to ask, you don't want to know)

4. Fizzy liquid brown or clear in color: do you call it pop or soda? (There is a lot riding on this one, so don't disappoint me!) Soda

No!

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

1. Probably Indian.
    2. Pizza followed by chocolate.
    3. Anything that is still alive while you are eating it, I would have to draw the line there.
    4. Neither. Softdrink. But soda is 2nd place I guess. Pop is not on the horizon. :lol:
    5. My sis & I did this once as kids.... ewww! It wasn't all that bad as I recall. Wellness is pretty good ingredients actually, right? Still, I am not tempted. :razz:

6. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I have loved everyone's answers so far! :) I am not at all surprised that the consensus is "no" on tasting kitty food, and I was hoping that I wouldn't uncover a secret den of cat food tasters. ;)

1. Mexican, no questions asked. Oh how I love Mexican! Ele, I guess if we ever meet up, we will be going to eat Mexican food. :)
    2. My mom's waffles with maple syrup and blueberry syrup. Mmmmmm, out of this world.
    3. I am going with Joanna on this one: anything still alive. I have tasted escargots (not nearly as bad as I thought) and frog legs, as well as llama. I have a history of eating things for money, so you might be hard pressed to find something I wouldn't at least try, so long as it was actual food.
    4. Pop all the way! I can't believe all of you guys say soda (Joanna, I'm lumping you in with them!). I have called it pop my whole life, and down here in St. Louis, it is hardcore "soda" territory. I guess it's so unheard of to say "pop" that people still comment on the fact that I don't say "soda". That is very strange to me. This was interesting, though: http://popvssoda.com:2998/
    5. I have not, nor have I been tempted to. I tasted a dog biscuit once. It was just dry, not gross-tasting or anything. And yeah, Wellness has good ingredients but I still don't want to try it out. Besides, Cricket would probably shank me if he saw me eating his food. ;)

7. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Ok, about snorted water through my nose reading that one :)

8. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

9. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Can I say "Asian" and to cover Chinese and Thai and Indian and those other wonderfully spicy and aromatic foods? Though life without pasta or tortillas might not be worth living.

Roast chicken, dressing, sweet potatoes, biscuits, green beans, with lots of pie and ice cold skim milk.

Wow, lots! Mayonnaise. Menudo. Chitlings. 3 pounds of cheese.

4. Fizzy liquid brown or clear in color: do you call it pop or soda? (There is a lot riding on this one, so don't disappoint me!)
    I was told here in the Deep South it was called "co cola". So when asked what kind of Coke you want you can answer Dr. Pepper or Mountain Dew or Diet.

No, though I've gotten to the point where I can touch the canned stuff. It took me a long time to try baby food.

10. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

1. Indian
    2. chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate
    3. rocky mtn oysters
    4. coke
    5. no (but I have tasted dry dog food/biscuits)

11. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

too funny that you said that! For #3, that item IMMEDIATELY popped into my head. I posted my answers and then went back and read... it makes me gag just thinknig about them.

12. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

hmmmmmm, i'd have to say Cuban probably and then Mexican. I love Chinese & Japanese though too, just not as many dishes as the Cuban & Mexican.

Sweet plantains & a burrito suizo w/ chicken from El Pueblito up the street,

oh god there are so many! i'd have to go with seafood of any kind.

i grew up calling it pop and that's what my family still calls it. i've been california-fied or something because i call it soda now out of habit and pop sounds wierd to me.

EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! absolutely not! my sister did taste her dog's treats one time. she'd been giving these little steak shaped treats for a while and man did they smell good so one day she tried them. turns out they weren't half bad she said.

13. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

1- Tapas (Spanish appetizer style food--Sangria's are my fave drink!!)

2- A perfectly seared but still on the rare side Fillet Mignon with roasted & seasoned new potatoes, and steamed fresh veggies, plus a great glass of red cab.

3- Chocolate covered grasshoppers--can't deal w/ eating bugs

4- Growing up in the midwest it was always called pop, but been with dh for more than 11 yrs (who's an eastcoaster--so now its soda) Sarah--hope I didn't disappoint--can't help but adopt some idiosyncrasies from the 'other half' :)

5- No don't care what it tastes like (they lick their own butt--do they really know what tasted good, ha, ha :)

14. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

ok--just read everyone's replies--are rocky mtn oysters 'male bits'?

btw--you are making me very hungry for a snack--even though I own a restaurant--we were so busy tonight that I never had dinner, and my cupboards are bare!! gonna go scrounge for something--I think dh just popped some popcorn for dinner (so sad:( ) Does 2 glasses of wine count as dinner (other than the calories?)
    I gotta go to the market tomorrow, maybe there's some cheese & crackers to eat.

15. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

FOOD- A very good topic! and it's making me hungry right now...

Definitely Thai - give me really good red or green curry chicken- Yum, there must be something addictive about those wonderful spices. I want to keep eating it even after I'm stuffed :D

2. What would your last meal be? Oh so many wonderful things, but I'd have to go for the childhood Christmas dinner- Big thick New York Strip, big loaded baked potato, asparagus covered in hollendaise, followed by a white cake with real buttercream frosting and Bluebell vanilla bean ice cream. I'm a simple girl... :D

3. What food would no amount of money entice you to eat/try? I have never eaten snails and have no interest. Sounds too disgusting.
    We lived in Hong Kong for 5 years and cat and dog and pigeon were definitely on the local tables, especially in rural China. No problem of ferral cats there... in fact not a pigeon, cat or dog even roaming loose anywhere, ever. (Also, no welfare or food stamps) I visited several outdoor food markets in China and saw a quite a few things you wouldn't come across at Kroger.
    Going into most Chinese restaurants you could choose the live fish you want for dinner from a fishtank on your way in. The head is served to the most important person at the table, who got to enjoy the "best part" the eyes. No- never ate fish eyes either...

As a kid in Cleveland it was definitely POP, but now as a growed up southern lady (cough cough) its soda! (if were out of sweet tea)

5. Have you tasted your kitty's food to see what it's like? Wellness, definitely smells a little like baby food, but no I never thought to try it.

16. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Bull nuts [errr used to be bulls I guess] to be exact. I think sometimes sheep nuts are similarly prepared. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Mountain_oysters

Love the Chinese food, just hold the cat please. Squab [or pigeon] is just not good - I have no idea why some fancy American restaurants try to serve this crud as some 'enlightened' fare. I will admit that I've had Chinese street food that I have no idea what I ate... :shock: Is being hungover and hungry any excuse?

I have a friend who swears that the fish cheek is the best part of the fish [and she covets the eyeballs] - this being the same woman who plied me with liquor and convinced me to eat Bundigie. Every man should have a woman like that in his life. lol

Korean food is the worst - sea cucumber is horrible [more so than kimchi] but I don't consider that weird - just some nasty sea slug thinger. Most don't understand that Korean BBQ is hardly representative of Korean food [meat in Korea is mostly reserved for treating guests too]. IMHO the most redeeming thing about Korean food is the plain white rice.

And one of my fav "Indian" dishes, Chicken Tikka Masala, is not Indian at all and was actually developed in England. *sigh* But that doesn't stop me from making my own [recipe available on request] mmmm.

17. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

1. What is your favorite type of ethnic food? Italian. But I also love southern ethnic food (see #2). The problem is that traditional southern cooks (like my family) put meat in everything.

2. What would your last meal be? macaroni and cheese, greens, and banana pudding

3. What food would no amount of money entice you to eat/try? red meat

soda now. When I was younger every was called coke, except grape or orange soda which was called Nehi.

5. Have you tasted your kitty's food to see what it's like? see #3

18. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

LOL, Michele. We're on the same diet. Chocolate and hold the rocky mountain oysters.

19. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

You, ma'am, are a true southerner! I'm just mad I can't have sundrop or Bojangles up here! I lived in Raleigh, NC for 20 years before I got up here :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.