Friday Five: Illegal activites

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Thought I'd mix it up a little, try to shake everyone out of the winter doldrums! Just remember, NO JUDGMENT HERE, so answer truthfully. :)

1. What is the fastest you've ever driven?
    2. Have you ever liberated office supplies from "The Man"?
    3. Have you ever parked in a handicapped spot when you weren't authorized to?
    4. Have you ever illegally downloaded copyrighted material (music, movies, TV shows)?
    5. Did you drink before the age of 21?

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah's Friday Five

1. I'm not really a super speed demon. I did 90 once and I was scared to death. ;) It was in the middle of Illinois on I-55, which is probably the most boring stretch of road east of the Mississippi.
    2. I have taken a few pens or notepads in my day, but I've never loaded up a tote bag with supplies or anything. ;)
    3. I have never parked in a handicapped spot. That is actually one of my biggest pet peeves.
    4. I have never done it, but I have benefited from other people doing it, so I can't really act high and mighty here. ;)
    5. I drank while I was in France at age 19. There is no drinking age there, so it's not illegal. I never drank in the US before my 21st birthday, though.

3. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Sarah, are you in a dark place with all that's been going on this week? :twisted: I sure hope Buzz shapes up next week! :D

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Ele's Friday Five: Illegal activites

1. maybe 100? I always go at least 5mph over the speed limit. Remember, I said auto racing.
    2. Yes, a few minor items.
    3. Yes, but only recently and in our parking garage at work because it's so hard for me to park with one hand.
    4. Yes, taped movies from TV
    5. 15. 18 was the legal limit here when I was a teen, so drinking 3.2 beer at 15 didn't seem that bad.

Hope there aren't any cops in PZI Land. :oops: I guess like Gator, I'm going straight to hell. :twisted:

6. Sarah and Buzz

Next week will be your regularly scheduled FF, I promise! :D

7. Sarah and Buzz

Re: Ele's Friday Five: Illegal activites

You have a reason to park in the handicapped spots currently, Ele. Not being able to park qualifies, I think. :) I am also pretty sure that a lot of people who drink did in fact drink before they were legally old enough.

If you and Gator are going to hell, it will be one heck of a party! See my QotD today; you guys reminded me of it. :)

8. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

1. What is the fastest you've ever driven?

107mph! woooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!! :eek:

about 133 as a passenger!! yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!!!! :shock:

remember, auto racing here too :D and we have a race car and i've done the richard petty experience dooowhappy thing in vegas. mind you we unfortunately haven't had time to take our car out in a few years :sad:

2. Have you ever liberated office supplies from "The Man"?

not really. not when i worked for other "men" but since opening our own business and the business buying supplies, i have taken some for my own personal use which in my opinion doesn't count anyway :D

3. Have you ever parked in a handicapped spot when you weren't authorized to?

technically yes. it's my business and my parking spots and i can count on one hand how many times someone that is indeed handicap and has a placard has brought a car in in a years time sooooooooooooooo.............

4. Have you ever illegally downloaded copyrighted material (music, movies, TV shows)?

nope. seen 'em once, don't need to see 'em again

5. Did you drink before the age of 21?

heck yeah! first drink was at the age of 14 i believe and right in front of my father. some won't like it but my parents were firm believers in if you forbid your kids from doing something, they're gonna go right out and do it and sure enough they were right....saw it everywhere with our friends. to this day my parents have never had a problem with any of their four children doing dangerous illegal things. as a matter of fact i was the one who made sure my roommates and friends got home after a party and rescued them from several attempts by frat boys to take them upstairs once they were satisfactorily intoxicated so i think my parents did right by us.

9. Sarah and Buzz

Wow, 133, what was that like?! Were you on a public road?

I agree with your parents, Cindy. I don't think that that means you should offer your kids drugs or anything, but I do think that the more something is forbidden, the more tantalizing it is. Look at Europe where there's no drinking age. Of course there are kids who abuse that, but by and large, I would be willing to make the sweeping generalization that Europe doesn't have the problem of high school kids drinking and driving and doing stupid stuff while intoxicated that America has.

10. LynnLee + Mousie

it was kinda wierd actually. i've done it twice as a passenger up to about those speeds, once as a passenger on a street course race track and that was really wierd. it was like you couldn't focus on stuff before it was gone. zig zag zig zag bump zig bump zag whoaaaaaa.....it kinda felt like you were on something LOL!!!

the other time was a passenger in one of the nascar stock cars at las vegas motor speedway and to be honest, if it weren't for the g forces going into and coming out of the corners, you'd never know you were going that fast. it actually didn't seem like we were going that fast down the straights but then boom your body wants to go right sooooooooooooooooooo bad then you're in the apex of the turn and it feels like you're floating, then boom, more g's as you exit the turn. by the time we were done my neck hurt so bad and i swore that if we went much more thru the turns my neck would break. :lol:

11. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

1. What is the fastest you've ever driven?--110 (probably on that same stretch of Illinois interstate you were on)

2. Have you ever liberated office supplies from "The Man"?--is there anyone who hasn't? when our state budget was cut (I work at a university), one of the first suggestions from our department was that we all return the pens from the supply closet.

3. Have you ever parked in a handicapped spot when you weren't authorized to?--draw the line at this illegality

4. Have you ever illegally downloaded copyrighted material (music, movies, TV shows)?--yes

5. Did you drink before the age of 21?--I did much worse than drink before 21; I was a teenager at the end of the 1960s.

Going to hell with Gator and Ele!

12. Sarah and Buzz

Hell is shaping up to be one heck of a party, no? :)

13. Sarah and Buzz

That is crazy, but it's pretty cool to have had that experience, I bet. Both the street course and the speedway. Did it feel strange to drive at normal speeds after that? ;)

14. LynnLee + Mousie

huh? i'm supposed to drive at normal speeds? could you tell my right foot that? :lol:

the only time i see the speed limit is if there's a cop around and he's going that slow or if there's so much traffic in front of me i don't have any choice. figure my fiance seems to have us always running late and come the end of the day, the faster i can get home the better so it seems i'm always going pretty fast @-)

15. Sarah and Buzz

Geez, and I would have thought CA is too crowded to speed! What do I know, huh? ;)

16. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Yeah, the speed limit is a lot higher in CA than back east, and I rarely see cops stop anyone out here. It was a shock at first, coming from a place where 65 is "ooh, can I get away with this and not get a ticket?" to a place where no one blinks at going 80. Kind of liberating after the initial shock & scary feeling wore off.

My parents were kind of like Cindy's too. I had/have a lot of respect for that kind of approach, and it worked well for my sis & me. Not that I ever drank a lot, but by the time I was legal age, it just didn't seem very interesting anymore, compared to kids I knew in college who had never had anything to drink, and then went overboard all of a sudden. Of course when I was growing up, the harder drugs weren't nearly as available as they are now - I watched something last night about how they add strawberry powder to really bad-a** drugs so they'll be tasty for the kids. Scary stuff.

Is taping movies off TV illegal? I thought it was fine as long as it's just for in-home viewing. Not that it matters really, just trying to save Ele from Hell. :twisted:

17. Victoria & Sundance

Victoria & Sundance Member

*peeks in*... Hi.. I know I don't normally post in here but I saw this nice little thread and took a read... Had to ask:

Cindy... I wonder to what you are referring... :shock: I think the question is about regular music and stuff... not illegal stuff... just illegally downloading it. Your comment sounds so naughty that you might be driving that bus to Hell that the others are on!! :razz:

And just in case anyone's interested:

1. What is the fastest you've ever driven? 180 km/h on a highway in BC in my '84 BMW 318i... I thought the winds were blowing really hard and then I looked down at the speedometer... hahahaha
    2. Have you ever liberated office supplies from "The Man"? Yes... more of necessity for a pen than that I need tape for home.
    3. Have you ever parked in a handicapped spot when you weren't authorized to? Nopes
    4. Have you ever illegally downloaded copyrighted material (music, movies, TV shows)? I haven't but I have received mixed CDs containing same
    5. Did you drink before the age of 21? Yes... I remember being at a wedding when I was 6 and then 9 and having a drink, sneaking it really. But then in high school we drank ciders and stuff by about age 14.

18. Sarah and Buzz

Well, if Cindy is driving the bus to Hell, they will make it in record time! ;)

Welcome, Vic! So glad to see you here. :) You should stop by more often, at least on Fridays when we do Friday Five. We try to be interesting every day, but Fridays are usually guaranteed to be more entertaining than most. ;)

"I thought the winds were blowing really hard" sounds like a pretty flimsy excuse to me, I must admit...I think you have a need for speed just like Cindy, although perhaps not her penchant for illegal movies. ;)

19. Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby

Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby Member

1. 90-somehting I guess.
    2. Not really. But my hubby has.
    3. No. Never.
    4. I plead the fifth ;)
    5. technically yes, but not a lot. I've never been much of a drinker.

20. Sarah and Buzz

Hi Dawn! :) Welcome to PZI land. Thanks for sharing your illegal activities with us, although it doesn't sound like you will be boarding the Bus to Hell. Smart move pleading the Fifth on the downloading. You'll notice we haven't heard from Cindy since her uh, activities have come to light. ;)

Come back and see us any time! We love the company.

21. LynnLee + Mousie

:D
    i've been out speeding around today. only got as high as 90mph today though :lol:

22. Joanna & Bix (GA)

1. Barely broke 100 once (back in my 20s - an isolated incident, no race car driver wannaby here ;-) ). Rarely go much faster than the average traffic speed now.
    2. Not much - maybe one or two supercute colored sticky pads :D when those first came out, and the odd pen here and there (for working at home... no wink! it was true, even though the occasional pen may have stayed at home once the work went back to work).
    3. I think I did once for about 2 minutes when running in somewhere, and was wracked with guilt & worry the whole time. (Guess I'll be leading the way to hell for that one! :twisted: )
    4. Not intentionally - not much of a downloader here, and there's so much (I think legal!) free stuff available anyhow.
    5. Oh yeah. Not a lot for the most part, but as I said my parents were like Cindy's.

And welcome to those who have just joined in! Hilarious that this FF brought in a wave of confessions! I hope everyone will visit us again next Friday if not sooner (especially Sarah, what will we DO now that you are in LL????).

23. Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby

Dawn and Mateo Wiggles & Toby Member

Thanks Sarah. My kitties were previously on Lantus. I'm trying out PZI for my kitties, one is an acrocat. Not sure what the future will hold, we shall see. :) I bought a 10 ml bottle, and also Jana has so very nicely sent me a bottle as well. That will give me some time to see how they do and decide where to go from there.

I like the sound of ProZinc, however with the cost, and my big gulper, I really don't know if I can do it. Unfortunately, I really need to try to save a little money, not spend more :(

24. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Dawn

Hi Dawn and welcome to PZI land. I just wanted to say that I love your profile. I've been wondering how to get our old profile up in this new board. Would you mind if I copied your format? I hope all your fur babies (and you have a lot) are doing well.

25. Joanna & Bix (GA)

There's also a Sticky on Tech with instructions for doing profiles on Google docs....

Dawn, those pics are too cute!!!!! I love Wiggles peeking out from behind the chair!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.