Friday Five: Sleep

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sarah and Buzz, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

(yes, I am tired today! :lol: )

1. What time do you usually go to bed?
    2. How many hours of sleep do you need? How many do you get?
    3. Do you sleep on one side of the bed, or all over? If one side, which side?
    4. What size bed do you sleep in?
    5. What's your favorite sleeping position? Back? Side? Stomach?

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

1. Much of that depends on Buzz's #s, but left to my own devices, usually around 1:30 or 2:00 a.m.
    2. I need around 8 hours to function best. I typically get about that, unless I'm up late with the cat.
    3. I sleep on one side: the left side as you are standing looking at the bed. I can't switch sides; it's just too weird!
    4. King. I <3 my bed; it's a Sleep Number bed. I don't think I can go back to a regular bed ever again.
    5. I sleep on my side, usually the right side. I'm a very sedate sleeper. I don't thrash around or get tangled in the covers. I can make my bed in 2 seconds flat because the covers aren't even disturbed. I will roll over to my other side a couple times during the night, but that's about it.

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

10 to 10:30pm

8 hours, but get 7

One side, the closest to the bathroom. LOL

Queen (share it with DH and the occasional kitty)

Side definately. When I had rotator cuff surgery I didn't get much sleep cuz I had to sleep on my back.

One good thing about my sleep habits is that I am a light sleeper, but can go back to sleep easily. This is great for those middle of the night bg checks.

Sarah, I hope you can get some sleep this weekend. Naps??

4. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

on average i'd say about 11-11:30pm

I need several thousand, to get caught up. unfortunately i get 6-6 1/2 a night most of the time.

one side. if you're laying in the bed on your back, it would be the left side.

Queen.

my favorite is on my stomach, head turned to the left, and right arm dangling off the bed or laying down alongside my right side. buttttt, can't do that one for long due to the neck injury i had several years ago. it gets uncomfortable after a bit. plus the cats get confused if i lay that way. they just sit there and look at me like WTF? with the occasional pitiful cry thrown in to make me feel guilty.

for that reason i sleep flat on my back. have for the last several years. have to admit i have less back aches since i started doing that and the cats prefer this position. i fall asleep every night with Jr in my left arm and Stinky in my right and occasionally, like last night, Yoda sleeps on my upper legs.
    :D

5. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

11:00....usually. When I'm super sleep deprived, 10:00.
    That's a tough question, need as in must have? 4 Need as in optimal? 7.5 How many I get? It varies..often, 2+1+2=5 or so. I'm often an insomniac...handy for those middle of the night BG tests. When I'm actually sleeping well, 7.5. I'll sleep when they pull the ground over. :mrgreen:
    One side, right side.
    Queen size, shared with DH and Pita (civvie cat)
    Side, but I do sleep on my back too.

6. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

7. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

1. I work several nights a week at my restaurant, so dont get home til at least 11, so I go to sleep somewhere between 12 and 3.

2. I need 8-9, usually get at least 7 (at least til we have kids ;-) ) I have sporadic insomnia, and don't like taking sleeping meds. During those times, I will only get 4 hrs or less, and then usually end up with a cold or flu. My body needs sleep. So I've learned that if I am not sleeping well at night, I have to take naps to make up for it. I would really love to live in a country like Spain where they value the siesta!

3. Always on the right.

Ele, I had shoulder surgery years ago too, like you it was tough to not sleep on my side. I spent weeks in a recliner sleeping just so I wouldn't ever roll over and hurt myself.

4. King; until we moved up to the larger size from a queen, I didn't get much sleep. Between dh, and the pets, I always woke up on the very edge of the mattress! How does a 9lb kitty push their beans to the end of the bed? In the morning, I would find her all sprawled out between us. Still a mystery. Now there's enough room for us all, and I dont wake up being squished by either dh, or the civie.

5. Side, wrapped up like a burrito, with one foot sticking out!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. usually go to bed about 10pm and watch an hour of Sienfeld before falling asleep. That show still cracks me up so I go to sleep in a good mood.

2. i need more than most i think, maybe 8-9, and i usually get it. tomtom has long since stopped waking me up a 6 for breffis, he likes to sleep in too now :razz:

3. 9 times out of 10 i sleep on the left side (i guess if your looking at the bed from the foot of it) other times in the middle, can't sleep on the right side.

4. a full

5.All of the above, think i usually start on my back, and wake up that way too but i roll around during the night.

9. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

between 10:30 and 11:30

need - 9-10 it seems, get - 6-7

when sleeping by myself I am usually in the middle of the bed, at a diagonal, with legs sprawled out lol; with the DH - on the right side and most of the time with Daisy (civvie) spooning me

queen - though a king would solve the wish to sleep diagonally :mrgreen:

I usually start on my right side - I have trained myself to not sleep on my left side much due to a rotator cuff injury, but if I stay on my right side for the majority of the night I wake up with an ear ache (dr thinks I am crazy lol), so most of the time I wake up on my stomach or my back.

10. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Varies, lately it's been 11:30ish if I don't have to get up early.

Lots. Maybe 9? I usually fit it in one way or another. ;-)

Has varied over the years, right now in the RV there's only the one side. In a house with a real bed, I always sleep on one side, but it varies which one. I don't like being right by a wall, so if the bed's against a wall, I'll be on the outside. If it's out in the open, hmmmm, can't say for sure which side, just depends on the setup.

Couchy-thingy, I guess that's twin size?

5. What's your favorite sleeping position? Back? Side? Stomach?[/quote]
    Either side. I just learned from a hairdresser that if you sleep mostly on one side you start losing hair more on that side. Ewwww. I try to mix it up more now, switching sides, since she pegged which side I sleep on more (my left). Ewwwwwwww.

11. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

\M/ Me too!!!! Especially if I watch the news or any crime show, need my Seinfeld fix to fall asleep & not have bad dreams!!!!!

12. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Time? Never before 10, usually midnight, frequently still up at 2-3am (on FDMB).

Need? I guess around 8hrs, definitely need to go to bed earlier- because I never get enough and have been crabby lately because of it. cat(2)_steam Switching insulins is taking it out of me....

wonderful king sized bed with memory foam and nice sheets- Really love my bed.

Position? I move , and move, and move- then pass out. or last night was asleep before my head hit the pillow- couldn't tell you

always right side, with DH left side, and Tenderfoot wrapped around my head, or breathing/purring in my face, between us cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.