Friskies vs Fancy Feast

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Little Bit’s Mom, Oct 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

Is there a significant quality difference between Friskies & Fancy Feast? Can I use both? We are going through at least eight (!!!) cans of FF daily. I will continue to purchase FF if it is better quality, but exploring my options.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Cat Caregiver

Cat Caregiver Member

I have no idea if any of Oliver's BG changes were actually caused by his DIET changes but you can check out his spreadsheet and read about his numerous changes. After being diagnosed he stayed on Kirkland dry food for 2 weeks, then switched (per vet orders) to Royal Canin Glycobalance. But I took him off the RC Glycobalance (which seemed to raise his BG!) and switched to Fancy Feast (which clearly lowered his BG).

I later added some Friskies for snacks but saw a possible change in the duration of his Vetsulin. The Friskies has rice in it. Wanting to keep things simple, I omitted the Friskies and am feeding him only FF.

None of this may be scientifically valid but that's all I know, for what it's worth.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Reason for edit: typo = change "insulin" to "BG"
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Both are perfectly fine. The important thing is feeding something under 10% carb and both meet that requirement

Sometimes a particular cat will do better on one versus the other though so keep good notes on what you're feeding on your spreadsheet and see if it seems to make a difference for Little Bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.