Full Cold Moon Party tonight. All invited.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by manxcat419, Dec 29, 2020.

1. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

Yo cats and kittens of all ages

It’s pawty time again! Tonight, we celebrate the full Cold Moon! Of course there will be traditional favorites as purrpared by my mentors, Chef Felix, Chef Rusty, and the Kitchen Krews of yore at Cold Moons past:

Appetizers: Icy Cold Adirondack Microbrews; Hot Tuna Toddies; Roasted Squirrel Sausages; Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings; Assorted Paw Prints Pizzas; Hot Pumpkin Soup with Chef Felix's Crunchy Croutons; Sushi Bar featuring the specialties of Sushi Chef Tux as well as Chef Neko's fabulous sushi rolls (made with ice-caught lake trout).

Entrees: Chef Rusty's Thunderin' Bison Chili; Grilled Wild Turkey Legs; Pan-fried Snowshoe Hare; Chef Mannie's Renowned PNW Poached Sockeye Salmon with Catnip Mayo; BigMac's Burger Extravaganza.

Salads: Butthead's & Donny's Braised Winter Roots; Hot Confetti Slaw.

Desserts: Moon Pies; Tobey's Cimmamum Cookies; Maggie's Signature Cranberry Cheesecakes; Plum Pudding à la Chief Pastry Chef Tess; Surprise Dessert à la Dessert Chef Sootie; Chef Stu's World Famous Catmint Parfaits.

Newer traditions include Leo's Chunky Tuna and Salmon Ice Cream with Sardine Sprinkles; Chef Felix's Sweet and Savory Crunchy Crouton Toppers; Olive's Shoelaceghetti with a side of pickles; TinySolé's sister Cookie's cod brownies filled with catnip; PussCatDusty's crispy birds feet served on baked catnip wafers (mmmmm, crunchy!) as well as her sweet and sour skink tail vol-au-vents & freeze dried plain yoghurt balls; Chef Felix's Mediterranean platter with crunchy falafel, catmint mewli-tabouli, and smoked papurrika hummouse; Chef Luna's Longtail Surprise à la Rosa and Regan. You'll find Bella's Catinis at the Tiki Hut.

For any kitties not feeling up to pawtying, the Taster Blankets including Olive’s Memorial Blanket will be set up away from the craziness for you. Roxi will be running notes back to me and the Kitchen Krew to make sure the food is as good as can be. The blankets have a great view of the Circle of Remembrance too, and all the other kitties will join you at midnight as the veil thins to see all our precious Gone Ahead kitties. We’re going to make sure there are plenty of extra blankets for everyone to snuggle in if they feel cold too. If anyone needs a blanket, we’ll be stashing them by the Taster Blankets.

Our very own in-house dance troupe, “Ruby and the Kittens” will be showing off their moves to entertain everyone. I think “Kittens” might be pushing it just a little now they’re 2 years old, but they insist that that’s the name they want to use!

DJ Molly will be playing all your favorite music and is ready to take requests for anything you want to hear.

So find your best pawty outfits and come join the pawty. If we all feel like it, we might run this pawty right through to New Year’s Eve and see in the New Year with our friends at the Bridge.

Following Chef Felix’s tradition, we have new aprons for the pawty too. The Krew love having their new apron for each pawty to add to the fun atmosphere.

Chef Luna

upload_2020-12-29_5-30-48.png

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

The menu sounds yummy. I'm on my way. Love the apron.

3. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Num, num , count us in. :)

4. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Count me in I'll be there a little early to set up. Taking requests anything you would like to hear :cool:

5. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Beautiful apron!
    I asked Ti-Mousse to introduce the 2 new civies rescued a few weeks ago but he's not sure he will. He says they're too old to party.... 14 and 13 is not that old! For sure they might go for oldies songs.... He's not eating at all today, he wants to have room for everything on the menu... He's in the closet trying to find a nice loose outfit for tonight !!!

Of course, he'll stay for the Circle of Remembrance hoping to see his best friend Peanut together with little Zoe, both gone 3 months ago. What a wonderful evening it's gonna be!

6. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

kit has been watching the moon set a lot this week. :coffee:
    we’re encouraging her to swing by early tonight ;)

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Love the apron! Luci is having her early evening nap in preparation for much running and prancing about later this evening at the Full Moon pawty! The menu sounds wonderful...moon pies! Oh my!

I do hope everyone enjoys the festivities and the lifting of the veils at midnight to say hello and meaoooowww to all our precious GA's.

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

On our ways !!!!!!! Tripper being a senior at 17 1/2 will be bringing a heated blankie for anyone who wants to cuddle, well maybe she will share a corner of it. Oooh Hot Toddies will be flowing. Love the apron, you are always in style Luna.

Highly excited for the Veil to lift so we can see Ollie and Smokey. Mom still sort of in the dark place and we want to tell her how healthy and happy they are.

9. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Iz comin' with my snow pants on brrr...it's frosty tonight! The moon sure is lookin' very bright tonight, can't wait to see all my ol' pals. Mmmm, panfried snowshoe hare...the drooler asked me to bring him back a doggie bag, he tries to chase 'em but he hasn't caught one yet. All he has tasted so far are the snowshoe hare skittles (aka lil poops):p

10. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

On our way!!! The menu looks fantastic!

11. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Sweet Chef Luna, I have tears in my eyes as I see the wonderful party you're throwing, continuing the FDMB full moon party tradition. And helping it evolve--the Ruby and the Kittens dance troupe is a great idea! We all know how much kitties love dancing. I know that Felix is very purroud of you (and all your helpers, too). :bighug:

I'm sure he'd 'purrciate it if DJ Molly played his favorite song, Could This Be Magic by the Dubs.

Wishing all the kitties a glorious party. Come for the Cold Moon, stay for New Year's Eve!

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Got my dancin' shoes on and can't wait to dance with Ruby and the Kittens. And the fuds are fantastic. Soon the Circle of Remembrance will start and we'll be able to commune with the GAs. I can hear the Bridge kitchen rockin' tonight. Sound carries when it's as cold as it is. Let's PARTY! Let's make some glorious noise!!

Civvie Gus

p.s. Chef Luna, your new apron is so cool! :cool:

p.p.s. Yo DJ Molly: I'd like to dance to "Baby it's Cold Outside"

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    manxcat419 and Susan&Felix(GA) like this.
  13. manxcat419

~We're having the most fabulous time! All is going well in the kitchen with the Krew working and pawtying hard. We've just made another fresh batch of food to make sure there's plenty to go around while we down tools for a while to see our much loved friends and family at the Circle. Molly has the music rockin' - Ruby and the Kittens are being put through their paces to all the great tunes. It's almost time for the Circle of Remembrance and the moon is so bright we just know we're going to get a wonderful view of all the kitties at the Bridge tonight. And with the moon so bright, I'm sure we're going to be able to see them every night until New Year's Eve too.

And after the Circle, well we're going to pawty some more. In fact, a lot more! Some of us will be staying right through until New Year's Eve. Some will be going home in shifts for a nap to recharge their batteries. We have tents and lots and lots of snuggly blankets for the kitties who want to stay the whole time. We're going to rock this place for a whole 3 days. ~Luna

Thank you. :bighug: These traditions are important to all of us. I'm very happy to be a part of this tradition and to continue to honor all of our kitties, past and present. Luna and Roxi and all of the Krew and helpers are, I know, honored to be a part of this and to continue to celebrate all the lives that the FDMB has made better by following in Chef Rusty's and Chef Felix's pawprints. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

When is the next Full Moon pawty? I should really add that to Luci's social calendar - she's going to be busy next month with her I-131 treatment and recovery after becoming radioactive! I just want to make sure I've got her party duds cleaned up and back in tip top dancing shape by the end of the month...I can tell it was a great party too...she's got that sleepy look in her eyes when she reported in this morning for her test/shot. Otherwise she's keeping the activities of the evening pretty close to the vest...doesn't want to tell me a thing! Oh that girl!!:rolleyes:

15. manxcat419

The next one is January 28th. So hopefully Luci will be ready to party by then! And good luck with the I-131 treatment. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

My guys are all zonked out. Exhausted with full bellies, sound asleep in their beds.

Did everyone see the ring around the moon last night?

17. manxcat419

~We're still pawtying hard here! Anyone who missed last night, or who wants to just keep dancing, head on over for more food, music, dance, and hopefully another glimpse of our Guardian Angels at the Bridge! ~Luna

18. Susan&Felix(GA)

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Hi Susan, Sorry to report that the attachment seems not to be viewable:
    "Feline Diabetes Message Board - FDMB - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

The party was great and I know that Chef Felix enjoyed every minute. Happy New Year!

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Thanks for posting it so we can see it! It's great!

21. Susan&Felix(GA)

I can't tell you how much of a comfort it is for me to think of him having fun and getting to hang out with his greatly admired Chef Rusty and to meet the Chefs of Yore. Ella, your sense of play and whimsy graces the FDMB and always brings smiles even when the smiles are through tears. Bless you and yours.:bighug:

22. manxcat419

Happy New Year to all of you from me, Luna, Roxi and the rest of the fur gang. I hope that 2021 brings peace for all of us who have lost cats, whether recently or longer ago, and who are still grieving our losses. Grief is inevitable and lasts a long time, but peace can be found even while the sadness persists. And that the New Year starts the world on a path to healing from the trauma of 2020 and all the difficulties it has brought for so many. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

23. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

Happy new year from Squeaky and me! Thanks for the party! What fun!