Full Corn Moon Party tonight! All invited!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan&Felix(GA), Sep 2, 2020.

1. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Kitties All--

A Corn Moon doesn't come every year, and tonight's party is a little different. For one thing, I found that my mentor, Chef Rusty, apparently never threw a Corn Moon Party, so I don't have his traditional recipes. But I found some even older traditions, from Rusty's predecessor Chef Stu! In fact, the last FDMB Corn Moon Party was ten years ago--some of you weren't even born yet then!

Here are some menu items from Chef Stu in ye olde days. And look! He was an apron guy!!

The chef is working on the menu for tonight's party. So far, to stay with the theme of the full green corn moon, he and Mannie are planning to grill shrimp wrapped in green-corn husks right in the fire. That way the kitties won't have to eat the corn itself. Stu also thinks some green catnip can be mixed into the tuna canapes, and that the turkey burgers can be seasoned with some of the green spices that Spot contributed (maybe basil). And, of course, there will be the field-greens salad and the green catmint parfait. All kitties are invited to bring other delicacies to fit the theme of the party.

plus

I'm really looking forward to the Green Corn Moon party and have my green apron ready.
    and

I'm bringing green aprons to the Full Green Corn Moon party for all the kitchen crew,

And here are testimewnials from kitties of yore that Corn Moons are traditionally a little different:

everything is all set up for a different kind of Moon Party....hope they all have a good time!

this past fll_moon Full Green Corn Moon Party was very different from any other that we have had.

We had tents and tables and chairs and all the kitties had a great time, but it didn't really seem like the usual Full Moon party that they have been used to.

Of course some things never change: we will gather for the Circle of Remembrance at midnight, when the veil thins and we can purrceive our loved ones who have Gone Ahead partying with us.

The Olive Memorial Taster Blanket has been unfurled, the band is warmed up, and Chieflet Luna is stirring the bubbling cauldron of meowder-chowder (dish mine up with extra croutons, please!). So come for the adventure of our historical reenactment!

Party down with your purring selves,
    Chef Felix

p.s. For tonight I'm not orange tabby, I'm maize mosaic.:cat:
    cornapron.jpg

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Love that apron!!!!! Interesting menu. I guess cornbread is out. Trying to think of corn dishes and I can not for the life of me.

I'm humbled that the Olive Memorial Blanket will be a tradition.

3. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

I wasn't born when the last Corn Moon happened, and Roxi was only a baby. So we're making the most of this one! We're having so much fun in the kitchen creating recipes that are new to us, although many of our Bridge friends will no doubt recognize them. Green is one of my favorite colors - I'm loving making all the food green! And Roxi is busy making sure everyone is happy with what we're cooking - we wouldn't want to let the kitchen krew of earlier days down by not meeting their high standards for all this wonderful food. The tents and tables and chairs are very different from our other parties, but the kittens are still having fun dancing between them all. And of course, no party would be complete without the Circle of Remembrance which we're all looking forward to very much! If you're not already here, head on over - there's plenty of food for everyone and this is going to be a super-fun party with its slightly different theme. ~Luna

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm on my way. I can't wait to try the menu. I love your new apron Chef Felix.

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Civvie Gus here, on my way to see the Green Corn Moon and sample the old and new fuds. My mamabean told me that Chef Stu was Mannie’s mentor, and Chef Mannie was Rusty’s mentor. And Chef Rusty was Chef Felix’s mentor. The traditions are strong in L&LL. Let’s party and all of our GAs will be celebrating in the Chefs’ Bridge Kitchen, too.
    Grest apron, Chef Felix, and a super menu.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  6. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I always get a lump in my throat when we have the Circle of Remembrance, but I just start purring and it feels better.

One thing never changes--we kitties know how to party till dawn!

Thanks, Auntie Paula! I'm sad not to see Greeter Ollie at the blankies, but I'm comforted when the veil thins to see her feeline so good and dancing with old friends.

Our parties just wouldn't be the same without the manxcat419 family! You all do so much to make the moon parties a joy for everykitty and I really 'purrciate you!

Thanks, Furball! That makes me happy & purry!

It's always purrticularly cool to see you at the full moon parties, Gus! To think that you live in the same home that Rusty did! And Stu! And where you get to purr at Auntie Ella! I often think how lucky Rusty was to have Auntie Ella, not only because she's so nice but because I know they talked over his menu offerings. My momma is weird--she hasn't eaten meat since her childhood and she doesn't understand cat cuisine at all! And it makes her uncomfortable to come in when I'm purracticing recipes like broiled mousetails or crunchy fishsticks. But I suspect Auntie Ella had a lot to do with how great our party food is now and has always been. Give her a purr from me!

7. manxcat419

Thank you! :kiss: The FDMB is where I learned everything I know about feline diabetes. My Rosa wouldn't have made it to remission...and might not have made it at all...without everyone here and their wonderful help. The whole family (fur and bean) is happy to be able to be involved in the parties. And we all know Rosa, and her twin Regan, are right there at the Circle watching over all of the younger cats and partying with all those who are now at the Bridge. :bighug:

8. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Alice was late for the party, sends her meows and mews and head bonks, her litter-brother was a chef, over the rainbow now probably making seaweed wraps with corn on the cob-shaped tamago (egg omelette). @Olive & Paula , Think Olive will try it with the seaweed?

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Doesn't hurt to try. Seaweed is slimy though and I don't know if she is willing to get it all over her fur do.

10. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

The neighbour's cat Hoss who mooches all day every day on my front porch has not put in an appearance this morning. I told him about the party yesterday. He has not made it to my front porch yet today. That must have been some party.

11. manxcat419

It really must have been. We have cats passed out all over our house. Even the youngest ones are sleepy today - they must have danced themselves to exhaustion!

12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I KNEW she was up to something last night...acting all wild and crazy after dinner and running around..she was shopping for her pawty clothes! Silly girl...

I know she sure is exhausted today...wanted to get me up at 4 a.m. though to tell me all about the party...I wasn't having any of it...grumble grumble...:rolleyes:

These parties are sure wonderful...everyone should come...when is the next Full Moon party? I should put it on my calendar...lest I forget :bighug::bighug:

13. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, Oz prefers the dry sheets of nori like they use for sushi. No slime! :D

I’m exhausted today too, wonder if I was at the party somehow and just don’t remember.... :p

All I can say is that party must have been exactly what Alice and her kidneys and appetite needed. She looks well today. :cool:

14. manxcat419

October 1st - Full Harvest/Hunter's Moon (I've seen it listed under both names). Luna, Roxi and the gang will look forward to seeing Luci there. :)

15. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'll be adding that to her social calendar right now :) Thank you!!