Full Harvest Moon Party tonight - all invited

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by manxcat419, Sep 20, 2021.

1. manxcat419

manxcat419 Well-Known Member

Yo cats and kittens of all ages

It’s time for everyone to gather together for the full moon pawty! Tonight, we celebrate the full Harvest Moon! Of course there will be traditional favorites as purrpared by my mentors, Chef Felix, Chef Rusty, and the Kitchen Krews of yore at Harvest Moons past:

Appetizers: Adirondack Moonbrews; Shine-on Niptinis; Bog Clams on the Half-moonshell; Chestnut Dip on Nip Crackers; Apple Fritters; Assorted Paw Prints Pizzas; Sushi Bar featuring the specialties of Sushi Chef Tux.

Entrees: Mouse-Harvest Bonanza Stew; Grilled Lake Trout with Rosemary; Wild-Turkey Burgers with Celeriac Fries; Roasted Grouse; Chef Mannie’s Renowned Poached PNW Sockeye Salmon with Catnip Mayo; Chef Rusty’s Thunderin’ Bison Chili with Moon Salsa.

Salads: Butthead’s & Donny’s Adirondack Field Greens and Arugula with Wild-Clover Garnish; Indian Lake Slaw; Chef Felix's Sweet and Savory Crunchy Crouton Toppers.

Desserts: Moon Pies; Apple Crisp à la Chief Pastry Chef Tess; Maggie’s Signature Cheesecakes with Adirondack Blueberries; Tobey’s Cimmamum Cookies; Surprise dessert à la Dessert Chef Sootie; Chef Stu’s World Famous Catmint Parfaits.

Newer traditions include Bubba's MouseMousse; Leo's Chunky Tuna and Salmon Ice Cream with Sardine Sprinkles; Olive's Shoelaceghetti with a side of pickles; TinySolé's sister Cookie's cod brownies filled with catnip; PussCatDusty's crispy birds feet served on baked catnip wafers (mmmmm, crunchy!) as well as her sweet and sour skink tail vol-au-vents & freeze dried plain yoghurt balls; Chef Felix's Mediterranean platter with crunchy falafel, catmint mewli-tabouli, and smoked papurrika hummouse; Chieflet Luna's Longtail Surprise à la Rosa and Regan. You’ll find Bella’s catinis at the Tiki Hut.

The Taster Blankets are ready for any kitties not feeling up to too much activity, and we’ll find you a spot on them where you can enjoy the pawty in comfort. They're the purrfect place to view the Circle of Remembrance at midnight, when the veil thins and we can purrceive our loved ones who have Gone Ahead partying with us. Olive’s Memorial Blanket can be found here too. Let Roxi know what you want to try, as well as anything you need to let the kitchen know about the food to make it as purrfect as possible..

“Ruby and the Kittens” are ready to entertain you and help you dance the night away. They’ll be starting early so don’t hesitate to join them and dance all night.

DJ Molly will be playing all your favorite tunes. She’s taking requests, so let her know what you want to hear.

We’re having lots of fun already in the kitchen getting everything ready for you all. Head on over as early as you can to get this pawty started!

Check out our new aprons too – aren’t they fun?

Chef Luna

upload_2021-9-20_5-9-12.jpeg

2. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

My favourite the Harvest Moon. I’ll start with my request
    Harvest Moon by Neil Young :cat:.
    Anymore requests?
    The menu looks delicious

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I can't wait. The menu sounds yummy.

4. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Chunky Tuna and Salmon Ice Cream with Sardine Sprinkles sounds like my cup o' tea! Count me in!

5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

What a creative menu. I love the new dishes for the season!

6. Suzanne & Darcy

Really. You don’t want crispy bird feet?

7. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

I absolutely love the Harvest Moon song from Neil Young! Thank you for playing it tonight.

8. Summer and Susie (GA)

:eek::eek::eek:

9. Summer and Susie (GA)

Let's remind these good folks of this great song.

10. Summer and Susie (GA)

Okay, so here is another a tad bit older. Some of you might remember. Susie looks forward to the pawty and all the good fixins and saying hello to all who are on the bridge - patiently waiting for their loving care-givers to join them.

11. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Crispy bird feet sound delectable, too, Suzanne. My mom likes to eat them as well because they like bird feet where she comes from. :)

12. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yum! Crispy bird feet!!
    DJ Molly: please play "Moonglow".
    The Full Harvest Moon is huge in the clear, cold sky tonight. I'm lookin' forward to the Circle of Remembrance. And then more dancin' and singin'. Let's party!!

~ Gus (civvie)

13. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Kinda disappointed can’t see the harvest moon here. Too much cloud cover.
    Let’s play Moonglow and have some fun dancing! Let’s get the party started!

14. manxcat419

And now it's time for our favorite part of every Full Moon Party. It's the Circle of Remembrance, the time when the veil between our world and our GA's world thins and we can see them partying alongside us at the Rainbow Bridge. As always, we take a few minutes of quiet to fully appreciate this special time. I can just see them coming into view now. Soon the singing, dancing and feasting will resume and continue until dawn. But this is our time to see, hear and be able to talk to our loved ones and we must make the most of these special moments. ~Luna

15. carlascalico

carlascalico Well-Known Member

Thanks for throwing a harvest moon party. Just listened to Neil sing harvest moon, stepped outdoors. That HARVEST MOON is magnificent. Shining brightly in the California sky full view clear night.

16. manxcat419

Here too. After a few days of rain, we've actually got clear sky in Western Washington. So I just got to see the Harvest Moon too. :)

17. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I love that Neil Young song, too (but I'm not one to go for the crispy bird feet).

Last full moon, I had a foster kitten on the Taster Blankets. The next day he went to the neurologist and got a terminal diagnosis. The rescue intended to have him euthanized within a few days, but he has responded so well to prednisolone that we have adopted him and will continue his palliative care. He's six months old (looks 3-4 months old) and hadn't really acted like a kitten since he was 10 weeks old, but now he's such a happy, lively little man. I don't know which side of the veil he'll be on by next moon, but tonight he's enjoying yummy snacks and has got Ruby and the Kittens teaching him dance steps! He's kind of a momma's boy, and he was so excited to see Roxi again because he remembers how kind she was to him at the last party when he didn't feel good, and he considers her his Full Moon Momma.

18. manxcat419

I'm so very glad to hear your kitten is doing well for now. Tomorrow is never promised to any of us, but as long as he feels good today, that's all that matters. I'm so glad he's enjoying the party and learning to dance. And Roxi is very honored to be considered his Full Moon Momma. :bighug:

19. Summer and Susie (GA)

Bless you for taking in that sick little kitty. Hope he is still with you at the next Full Moon Pawty!

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Susan, Your little guy is so lucky to have you to care for him. I hope he has many more full-moon parties to attend.
    Hugs and scritches
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

21. Suzanne & Darcy

You are wonderful @Susan
    You are wonderful @Susan&Felix(GA)