Gandalf 1/9 AMPS 313 .5U first split dose

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

I was a little late with his shot too this morning. Only a half hour, but maybe he was under 300 at 7AM when I should have shot.

I mixed some new raw food and put more Wellness in it this time and he didn't seem to want much of it. Sigh. It was cold though so maybe it didn't smell good to him. I'm warming it up.

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Ah, back to "old" work schedule? How far ahead do you have to move him - 2 hrs? That is not far into the 300s - and with meter variance, it could be 275 or something.

How did warming his food work? Is he eating? I think you are much colder than we are today. I think we will get to 18 or something, but started at single digits, not below zero like you are. But it's supposed to warm up to low 30s by the middle of the week! It will feel like a heat wave.

3. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

He ate all the raw mix after I got it warm, both this morning and tonight, when the same thing happened. He didn't want it before it was warmed. Spoiled? Nah!

I was surprised he was 183 tonight and that was 15 minutes later than should have been. The splits were a total of 1U though. I gave .9U again tonight. I am going to do a +9 split in AM if he's at last 150, then the second at +11. Have decided if that brings him down, then he needs more insulin, not less. Makes sense to me, but I know all the time changing is dose changes too - which is why I figure he'll be running high in the morning anyway and the earlier splits might be a good idea. I would like to get him at a point where I can tell something from more spot checks I can do Wednesday & Thursday, but doesn't look like I'm going to get my strips before Friday. Got email from the guy I bought strips from this AM ($16.50 per 50 - Aviva - Booyah!) and he won't be shipping till Tuesday. I just love it when ebayers demand immediate payment for Buy It Nows but aren't exactly hopping to it when it comes to sending. If I have to buy some from Wal-Mart, I guess I just do, but I'd rather not. I tried winning a couple auctions earlier in the week with no luck because I know if I wait long enough I can find Buy It Now's for less than $18/box so that's my max when it comes to auctions. I waited to long this time 'cause I'm too cheap!!

Shhhh! That's my little Ebay strip buying secret.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.