? Garfield 7/5 amps 148

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cassandra & Garfield, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Cassandra & Garfield

Cassandra & Garfield Member

Hi!

So ive been finding Garfields numbers actually nice (to our standards) for the past few weeks. I didn't want to go higher since he had a few hypo numbers (always asymptomatic) but didn't want to go lower since he has been doing really well on 0.75. I know its not TR to stick to a dose for so long but I think Garfield is doing really well on 0.75

Also I know your not supposed to pre-fill lantus because the lubricant in the syringe interacts with the insulin but is it the same for levemir?

Thanks for any advice

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  2. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

Sorry, I don't know about Levimer. I suspect it would be the same.

Maybe tomorrow you could ask for dosing advice. I wonder if you could give him a "skinny" dose. I think he's going low, then bouncing.

Cassandra & Garfield likes this.
  3. Cassandra & Garfield

Thank youNyou :)

0.50 isn't enough from what we have seen. And he bounced on 0.50 anyways. This is the nicest his numbers have been. I just have to deal with his bouncing I think :p

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The syringes are the same for Lantus and Lev - I wouldn't prefill for any length of time.

He's been under 50 three times, and even under 40 one on this dose. You should reduce. It's been a month since he last tried 0.5 units. That's ancient history in FD terms.

Cassandra & Garfield likes this.
  5. Cassandra & Garfield

The only reason I didn't reduce is those 2 specific times he went under 50 is because he didn't have much of an appetite. So he barely ate those days. Which explains why he would of gone below 50 no?