Getting numbers settled.

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by TempestsMum, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

Well Tara it can happen that numbers drop later in the cycle that's why a lot of people on here told me to test twice (when I wanted to give the shot earlier than 12 hours) if the number is rising, just to make sure

TempestsMum likes this.
  2. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Ok so just do the pmps then? Or do the 2 tests prior to giving it?

3. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Oh! I see I didn't know that could happen I thought they just went down 'nadir' then came back up again after that. Thank you for explaining I was confused :)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  4. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

310 pmps. Think I'm ok to give?

She's begging to eat something lol

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  5. Ruby&Baco

Yes you can ;) give her some nice foodies!!! Haha

TempestsMum likes this.
  6. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Lol she ate just over a pouch of food in one go. Poor thing she was up on her table and then down and up again asking. Shot 0.25 again

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  7. Ruby&Baco

Omg sounds so cute, althought I bet she didn't find stalling her food soooo cute:rolleyes:
    She is adorable Tara :kiss:! Love that pic. She is a little fluffy right, long hair! Super cute:cat:

TempestsMum likes this.
  8. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Haha nope she wasn't amused :cat:

Thank you love her to the moon and back! Here she is helping me out today with a garland show order lol always on quality control!

image.jpeg

Ruby&Baco, Marlena and Sharon14 like this.
  9. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

+3 @8.1 it's blue which is great. :cat: but not sure if I'm gonna get that whole nights sleep I promised myself. :(

10. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

That's not a huge drop. Maybe she'll surf along awhile.

TempestsMum likes this.
  11. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

I hope so Sue but will check her in an hour to be sure, she's liking the blues more and more! :)

Definitely think the new food is helping! Hooray!

12. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

Tara, doing great!
    After looking at Tempest's SS I can see that yesterday's dose of 0.25 u was too small and on the same BG on the 11th the 0.5 u dose was too much. This could indicate that a dose in between those numbers might be tried. You could stick with 0.25 u for some time or try 0.37 u. If you're not sure how to do it let's ask some clever members to guide you through, my brain is still not quite awake.
    Last night pink number was just higher due to not enough insulin. If, however it was a bounce from an early drop into blue number you can ignore that because it is normal, in the situation like that you either keep 0.25 u for few more cycles to see what will happen or just slightly up the dose if you can monitor and if kitty is eating well.
    Let's see if other girls would agree with that.

TempestsMum likes this.
  13. Marlena

Super gorgeous girl with blue eyes! Sorry I referred to her in previous posts like she was a he.
    Always on quality control!!!

TempestsMum likes this.
  14. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

I'm delighted but I think it's a no shot morning as she's @214 this am? The freestyle lite strips test a couple of points higher so I think she's probably a little lower than that.

So is it no shot? Or 0.25u? I'm at work all day today so getting home at lunch could be a problem depending on how busy it is.

I'm going to go ahead and order the other syringes as well I think if she keeps this up! :)

Oh sorry about my photography skills - it was bad lighting her eyes are green :)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  15. Marlena

Sorry Tara, did not see your post on time.
    You can skip the shot if you are not at home.

TempestsMum likes this.
  16. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Sorry Tara! It was the middle of the night for me when you posted. Looks like you skipped?

TempestsMum likes this.
  17. Ruby&Baco

Good thing you didn't gave a shot this morning, 214 is on the edge of shot/no shot and since you just started out you don't need to push yourself and then go to work all day and be worried all day if she's doing okay.
    If you need help in the mornings please tag Marlena or me, we are more in your timezone and Rachel and Sue are in the middle of the night then so they aren't really around then.

18. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

No worries @Rachel I didn't give a shot.

I had decided on 250 & under as no shot as she's unpredictable as yet. :) looks like I made the right choice. I'm home now but no time to do her bg as only have 5 Minutes but she's having some lunch and seems grand.

:)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  19. Ruby&Baco

No problem, because she didn't have insulin it doesn't really matter what her BG is doing right now, it's definetely not dropping because off no insulin.
    I'm curious to see what her PMPS is!

TempestsMum likes this.
  20. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Me too! Lol hoping it's not back to red!

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  21. Ruby&Baco

Well, and if that happends then what? You know how to bring her down ;)
    You are doing really well Tara!

22. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

Lol just hoping she stays in the yellows but I know that's just wishful thinking. I doubt ant kitty would respond that quickly to insulin.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  23. Ruby&Baco

When are you going to test again? What time?

24. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

I'm just eating dinner at the moment so will test in 30 - 45 minutes which means I have a 15 minute window to feed her and get ready if she needs her shot. Or I need advice.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  25. Ruby&Baco

Okay, hope you are having a nice dinner Tara! :smuggrin: I bet Tempest is watching you eat it o_O haha
    Well I will watch your thread within 30-45 minutes to see if you needs some help.
    Btw please after this next shot start a new thread because this one is getting pretty long.. :p

TempestsMum likes this.
  26. TempestsMum

TempestsMum Guest

She was much easier to do tonight - probably coz she wanted dinner lol I've started a new thread :)

Ruby&Baco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.