GA Goodbye Beautiful Baby

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Mary Ann & Baby, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

It's been a while since I've been on the forum, but last week I lost my beautiful little girl, Baby. My heart is broken, but I am forever grateful for the 16 years of unconditional love and joy she brought our family. Baby was my everything. She was such an overcomer...she persevered through 3 years with insulin resistant diabetes, acromegaly, and more recently, cancer - never once complaining or becoming mean, sitting so patiently through countless ear pricks and shots. What a trooper. I miss her terribly. RIP Baby 2004-2020
    I will remember you and love you forever. Baby1.jpg IMG_6162.JPG

I want to thank everyone here who has helped me, especially in the early days when I was so lost about caring for her. Your support meant a lot. I want to let the newbies here know that although your furbabies have been diagnosed with these illnesses, they still have a lot of love to give and most likely, many years, to live. These conditions ARE treatable, and there is hope for our IAA cats...Baby was up to 20.5u Levemir at the worst, and by the time she passed she was down to 5u. (I will be posting my 8 Levemir pens for sale in the Levemir group). She eventually passed from complications of lung cancer that caused pleural effusion.

Good luck to you all and God Bless. xo
    Mary Ann

2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Great photos, a life well lived, and great care for your sweetie. You did a super job on her Acro management - such a horrible disease. May you have many great memories of her long life as the days and years pass.

Fly high sweet Baby, and land softly at the Bridge. You were loved.cat_wings>o

Mary Ann & Baby likes this.
  3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww what a sweet little kitty cat. Sigh You gave her a good life and she returned that with her love. I'm so sorry she had to leave you but she will always be in your heart. I am so sorry for your loss. Fly free little one. You are well and whole once more. Let your mommy know you are ok. Visit her and let her know how much you love her. :rb_icon::bighug::rb_icon:
    My sincere condolences.
    jeanne

Mary Ann & Baby and JeffJ like this.
  4. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Mary Ann))) I am so sorry it was Baby's time to earn her angel wings. :bighug::bighug: You fought hard to give her a good life during her time as a diabetic. Fly free pretty girl cat.

6. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss Mary Ann ,just looking at her picture brought tears to my eyes, what a beautiful girl. Fly high sweet Baby cat_wings>o
    Gentle hugs for you Mary Ann :bighug::bighug:

8. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

IKR?! Every time I look at that top picture I cry! Impossible not to! Ugh, I miss her so much. Thank you for the hugs.

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

I know Mary Ann she was such a beauty, when I look at pics of cats that I had to let go years ago, I still cry, I have them all in frames on my dresser.
    We love them so much and never want to let them go, but then we also don't want them to suffer, why do they all have to get these awful diseases ,why can't they just pass away of old age.
    I hope it gets better for you as time passes and you only remember the wonderful things. Take care ok :bighug:

10. Mary Ann & Baby

Mary Ann & Baby Member

Thank you, Diane. I know everyone here understands how difficult this is. Your kindness is appreciated so much. Lol, besides having a pillowcase made with her picture (because she always used to sleep on top of my head in bed), I also ordered a face mask, so I’m sure people will look at me as just another crazy cat lady haha! 0940A25A-235E-40F0-88A3-A8E0414F199A.jpeg Take care. Warmly, Mary Ann :)

Judy and Freckles likes this.
  11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Aww that was so precious , please take care.:bighug::bighug:

12. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss Mary Ann.

Fly free sweet Baby :rb_icon: Baby1.jpg :rb_icon:

cat_wings>o