Greetings From Diabetic Alley!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by kse, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Hi Friends!

Has anyone ever shipped Prozinc? I am getting ready to send Angela and Big Hen an extra vial I had, but I want to be sure that I handle it properly. I was going to ship it on dry ice and place it in a padded box to alleviate a lot of movement. But, other than that, I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

I hope all is well with everyone. Chewy is doing Wonderful! He is still OTJ and ruling the house! Sally (Dog) was doing great, but after a few low scary cycles, I am back to looking a "good" dose for her.

Thanksgiving day marks 6 months since Kitty became my GA. I miss her everyday.

I have added a new member to the Alley crowd three weeks ago...... I adopted a year old pit mix pup for a local shelter! Yes, a PIT mix! Her name is Emma and she is a sweetheart, that is full of energy!

Wishing Everyone a Great Day! I miss ALL of YOU!

2. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

• Emma.jpg
      Emma.jpg
      File size:
      118.3 KB
      Views:
  3. Your posts always make me smile:)

I shipped a vial of PZI overnight to California once, Kim. I had saved the carton and the ice packs from when I got it, and packed it up the same way they had. It had been wrapped in bubble wrap (the small bubbles version) and that was in a small styrofoam cooler, with two small freezer gel packs. All in a cardboard box with a few styro peanuts. It arrived the next day still chilled.

Emma is beautiful!

Carl

4. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kim,

It's good to hear from you and about the residents in the Alley. Go Chewy!!! Emma is a beauty, how do her and Sally get along?

I've shipped insulin the same way as Carl. Bubble wrap, Ice packs all tightly packed.

Don't be a stranger.

Robin

5. Kim,
    What's the shaved spot on the leg from? Was she on an IV?

Carl

6. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Carl, You are very observant!!! I took Emma directly from the shelter to the vet to have her spayed and tested for everything-- when I got her back her leg was shaved. I assumed it was where they drew blood, but I am not sure.

7. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

Hi Kim! Glad to hear things are going well & your house is as full of fur as ever.

8. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

Hi stranger! :lol:

Venita sent me the "instructions" they use when shipping insulin for DCIN - I can e-mail it to you if you're interested and haven't shipped it yet.

9. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Hi Kim
    Great to "see"you!
    Sounds like your clan is doing really well...
    so glad to hear it, and congrats on your new additonal...she is beautiful!! :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.