? Hair Ball Remedy - SEB or Ph.Husk Dosing Help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tanya and Ducia, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

Happy New Year to you all!

I am seeking advice for Hair Ball remedy/ prevention.

It looks that Ducia my 12YO ~11lbs , female has been vomiting a lot of hair balls lately (early hours mostly which often (not always) coincides with her getting lower BG or having empty stomach).

Also, there is rustic sound in her Purrs as well - a good sign (for her) of hair accumulation. We use fresh Wheat Grass clippings )1-5 g/24h) as preventive as well as grooming glove to brush off hair excess but it looks that a stronger remedy is due now.

I bought Psyllium Husk Powder and Slippery Elm Bark powder. The latter was highly regarded on here if memory serves.

But what are the dosage and frequency of administering?

I was hoping it won't involve pilling - rather mix in with food solution, if possible.

Can you please help?

PS. Ducia also takes daily human grade proBiotic - everyday maintenance by Renew Life, 12 strains, 15B cultures for almost 3 years now.
    TIA!

PPS. Bobby, you are the only one I remember using SEB. What would you suggest? @Bobbie And Bubba Thank you.

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  3. Tanya and Ducia

Thank you!
    I ve seen this - we do give raw egg yolk (v. powder ) every now and then( when I can get my hand on local farm fresh eggs). Supposedly, it has the same effect.

I was wondering if adding SEB would be a good step to take in addition to the SOP : the wheat grass, ProBiotics, ets. Used to hear only praises to the SEB here(thou a while ago.)The Ph. Husk is simply a heavy fiber, does similar to what wheat grass does. I might be wrong but my hopes rather were with SEB.

Thanks for the suggestion!

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

I've only used SEB and psyllium husk for mild nausea and constipation respectively, not hairballs. There's info at the following link on SEB dosing which might be some bit of a guide for you:

Slippery Elm Bark - prep and dosage

Mogs

5. Tanya and Ducia

Thank You!

Critter Mom likes this.
  6. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.