Hairballs not as nasty on wet food vs dry?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by paige, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Hello!

I am thinking that i read this before somewhere.......but......do you all find that your kitties on 100% wet food have cleaner hairballs? I mean, their hairballs (when they have them) are not as nasty?

My Chloe had a little hairball the other day and it was so clean :shock: Usually she has messy hairballs----food and hair.

Sorry to be gross this early in the AM for some of you. Have a great Friday!! :mrgreen:

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes. And we found that Oliver have fewer hairballs. (And with a Maine Coon, that is saying something!)

3. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

interesting because until my civvie Bo went on Miralax for other "issues" he had huge, nasty hairballs - all wet food. Moochie eats all dry and yes her hairballs are nasty but since the food often comes up whole the cleanup can be easier ;-) .

This may all just be anecdotal though because Moochie will not eat wet food so they could be fewer and "cleaner" if she did and Bo hasn't eaten dry since shortly after he came inside so it's hard to say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.